WHATS UP THIS SUMMER? its going to be fat related

2»

Comments

• A new baby coming in August, continuing to get healthy, enjoying the warm weather and maybe a new tattoo (that might have to wait until Fall).

Congrats on the little one...

And, if I may add on the "Getting Healthy Tip," I've dropped 20 lbs. since January. No crash diets or anything- just cut out most of my drinking, watched what I ate, and started working out 5 times/week. Yesterday, I busted out a 3.5 mile run, and the day before was a 2 hour bike ride. Hoping to run a 10K and ride a century by the end of summer.

So, no, this summer won't be 'fat' related. Svelte all the way.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    How about a little more info on that NE P*ts job, KK?

• A new baby coming in August, continuing to get healthy, enjoying the warm weather and maybe a new tattoo (that might have to wait until Fall).

Wow! Congrats, L. That's really awesome.

Looks like we're shopping for a home (read: condo; re-read: apartment) to buy this summer. We just started looking and it feels very nuts. We were gonna wait until next summer, but we're gonna start now.

And my wife will be enjoying a much-deserved break from her insane semester this summer. Plus a little wedding-related travel (San Diego and Portland).

Thanks R***! We're psyched.

I cosign Cousin Larry's assessment of the home buying experience. Get it over with while you can. It's a huge pain in the ass, but unlike many such things, worth it in the long run.

• How about a little more info on that NE P*ts job, KK?

That does sound dope. You gonna be cooking for 'em, KK?

Man...it's already 100 degrees down here in Austin. It's gonna be a hot one. Got some trips comin up tho...nothin nailed down. Just trying to survive a work-place audit right now and constant pestering from my Finance guy.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    This summer is going to be the jam.

- Got a nice job lined up.

- Going to be applying to Bioware to make some games for you nerds out there.

- Some real world record moves in the making.

- 2 out-of-province trips, 1 record related and 1 vacation related.

- The new appartment has truly become the realisation of my private mind garden. That place is a sanctuary. Can't wait to lamp in it all summer and avoid a tan (yeah, we get sun up hurr in canukia).

• How about a little more info on that NE P*ts job, KK?

That does sound dope. You gonna be cooking for 'em, KK?

TV Production stuff. Long hours, but it should be dope...I'll post full updates as it starts.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    This summer is going to be the jam.

- Lots and lots of basketball. BBQ's, beer and kicking Matt's ass at foosball. :0

- I'm single again, look out.

- Some real world record moves in the making.

- Hopefully Marklatency will come up here again this summer???

- The new appartment has truly become the realization of my private mind garden. That place is a sanctuary. So fucking stoked. Jyeah...

• SexyBNyceSexyBNyce 371 Posts
    -staying unemployed til the state stops giving me money.
    -riding around on the fresh schwin 3 speed racer I got for $60 last week. it's red!
    -being high as often as possible.
    -playing 45s at the club with my man chronic.
    -wishing I was single (sometimes) OHHHH MAN THEEEE LADIES!!!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    STRESS.
    i start my new job the week after next, which is gonna be some trial by fire shit, and they're building a 138 unit apartment next to my house. i want to sell my shit, and move, but the housing market is no fucking joke, plus with a huge eyesore popping up 100yards away, that's gonna decrease my property value as well. gas and matches anyone? i need some xanax.

• THAT PART ABOUT THE BMX BIKE IS OFF THE HINGES.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Congrats on new baby l***y

My summer is going to be sweet finish school tomorrow and my exam is to steps away from the big mountain in MTL where i shall spark a nice one for 4:20

Then I have a month of straight up music making and party dj/planning. PUTS and the rub/a-trak concerts to boot. Then i am off to Peru for 2 months (school funded this time) Going to help a group of med-school students set up a clininc and get reunited with those precious ninos..

Come back and go canoe camping to finish things off

Nice ass summer indeed

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    As I was walking to the post office this morning to ship some records I was thinking about how great it is to live in paradise.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    I'm looking to move this summer as well, checking out apartments in Park Slope and Carrol Gardens. The schools are good and I can get a much larger apartment. Will be in PR for a conference and have started making moves to pick up some nice records while there. Family coming to visit. Nice weather, means a lot of free outdoor concerts and bbq's in Prospect Park. Weekend trips to Fire Island and upstate, get some sun, sand, and see nature. Other than that just keep working and stacking paper. I know most don't, but I sure love summer in the city.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    heading off to the West coast to begin grad work at Stanford.

Ehhhhhh, you'll be well looked after, and the Bay has a lot of lazy diggers... you can do well out there

• Hopefully, more like this...

• Just moved into my new crib this week. 1200 sq foot loft in which I will be making my new little project and whatnot. Should be dope. Aside from that? Toronto record missions, Nova Scotia surf holiday, and well, iced coffee and weed (aka The Hippie Speedball!) Say word to summer.

• IronfeetIronfeet 516 Posts

Hopefully, more like this...

Big Air = Bad Back/Headache from face pounding on board when landing! aahahah Flash backs!!!

Maybe I should post a picture of that time you ate shit, and how about the time I almost got knocked out and was bleeding between the eyes, ahahha goodtimes doggie goodtimes!!!!

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    then heading off to the West coast to begin grad work at Stanford.

Grad school at Stanford doesn't have to be all bad, several of us strutters have survived the experience. Look me up when you get out here, we'll get you hooked up with a show on KZSU to spin out all those good Detroit small-label soul 45s.