Early hip hop acetate from 82

RerogRerog 569 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
So I came across an acetate from a group called Terrorizing 3 MC's - "Big Beat Rap".... there is a stamp on the cover that says Gusto Productions a hand written date that says 8-9-82....They shout out Manhatten and the Bronx and it came from a collection from a guy in Brooklyn... so definatly from NY I would guess. The 3 MC's are Gusto, Rod Razor, and Dapper Dan. The DJ they shout out in the song and who is cutting up The Big Beat is Shawn-Ski. Anyone know if this got released or if they ever put anything out? Even ever hear of any of the MC's or the DJ?

Comments

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I've definitely heard of Gusto

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    Hahaha.....damn. I was joking about that too and it made me post up wrong. That MC's name is actually Gatsby... And the stamp on the cover says Gatsby Productions...I just messed it up.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Dapper Dan as in the fly gear maker?

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    Yeah I thought maybe that too...I'm not sure though. No clues in the song if he is the same Dapper Dan.

• Gatsby? I think he's from strong island. West Egg or something like that.
    Total

Throws great parties.

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    was he around in 82 rappin or with a production company?

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    was he around in 82 rappin or with a production company?

Yeah, rappin with DJ Sport and the Required Reading List posse.

I have a M- copy of this shit on MP3 here at work so if you want to share audio with the kiddies, Taco, lemme know.

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    Word that would be dope. Let these fools hear it.....rappin starts about 2 and a half minutes in.....

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    Chad are you gonna be able to post that MP3?

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    finally...here's the link to the MP3.

www.modelcitizens.org/bigbeat.htm

DJ just cuts it up untill about 2:30 into the track