batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
Anyone sport this?

Comments

• damagedamage 118 Posts
    total yay

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

Anyone sport this?

Yah. Down south classic! Nice suit to rock in the summer.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Just sayin'.

I have this in green. And i'm gonna cop the whole suit 4 the summer.
    I've seen a lt blue seersucker yankee cap in my hood(might cop).
    This preppy staple hasnt been appropriated by the streets. Cats are rockin the polos and lacostes, but havent moved to the real prep schitt.
    Maybe wack ass Phat Farm might be tryin' to rep this but, whateva.

Just sayin'.

I have this in green. And i'm gonna cop the whole suit 4 the summer.
    I've seen a lt blue seersucker yankee cap in my hood(might cop).
    This preppy staple hasnt been appropriated by the streets. Cats are rockin the polos and lacostes, but havent moved to the real prep schitt.
    Maybe wack ass Phat Farm might be tryin' to rep this but, whateva.

Not feelin' the jacket with jeans and a polo shirt. A seersucker suit is dope though. Blue and white suit with a white shirt and nice tie. All good all day.

Where is Aser? What does he think of the seersucker suit? Do cats rock those in Toronto?

Not feelin' the jacket with jeans and a polo shirt. A seersucker suit is dope though. Blue and white suit with a white shirt and nice tie. All good all day.

No doubt,just showin' the jacket. I would rock tieless, w/ clean kicks. I couldnt do the full out Matlock style.

Matlock style.

LOL!

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    ya gotta rock white bucks with it or you're soft.

ya gotta rock white bucks with it or you're soft.

Oh hell no, customized all-white chucks or all-white stan smiths which are close to bucks design. I gotta walk the South BX streets.

all-white stan smiths

Proper

• johnshadejohnshade 577 Posts
    j. crew?

j. crew?

And POLO. Just dont rockit like they wany you to.

MADRAS Yah or NAY/

I havent ventured into this yet, but erry summer I go Hmmmmm?
    Get my Funky old man on.

• Not feelin' the jacket with jeans and a polo shirt. A seersucker suit is dope though. Blue and white suit with a white shirt and nice tie. All good all day.

nah man, rock that shit with a black ribbon tied in a bow.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Seersucker gets a definite yay!

Madras less so. I understand that it's original popularity came from it being Indian. Consequently, you could wear madras without worrying about identifying yourself with a clan to which you didn't belong. Mostly a golfing thing, I think. Personally, I it's not my style, but a classic properly worn will always be an acceptable look.

• PEKPEK 735 Posts

Madras less so. I understand that it's original popularity came from it being Indian. Consequently, you could wear madras without worrying about identifying yourself with a clan to which you didn't belong. Mostly a golfing thing, I think. Personally, I it's not my style, but a classic properly worn will always be an acceptable look.

Seersucker also originates from the Indian subcontinent (and caught on in the gentrified circles of the Southern U.S. given the comfort afforded in humid, sweltering weather); as for Madras (not the city now known as Chennai in Tamil Nadu, but the cloth itself), myriad of color choices to behold should one traipse through the country...

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    j. crew?

Nah, go for the legit article vis-a-vis the South -

http://www.perlis.com/product_info.php?cPath=9_12&products_id=265

And get a shotgun belt while you're @ it -

http://www.perlis.com/product_info.php?products_id=71

What Metairie locals who attend Jesuit High School in the city sport...

Seersucker also originates from the Indian subcontinent (and caught on in the gentrified circles of the Southern U.S. given the comfort afforded in humid, sweltering weather); as for Madras (not the city now known as Chennai in Tamil Nadu, but the cloth itself), myriad of color choices to behold should one traipse through the country...

I remember doing a art hanging job at this beautiful beach house in the Hamptons.
    The owner came out in a full Patchwork Madras suit w/ matching fishcap, and cane.

I thought that shit was crazy. Ive spent my childhood summers in the hamptons, and never seen that shit.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

nah man, rock that shit with a black ribbon tied in a bow.

KFC PIMPIN'
    YUM BRANDS

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Drinking mint juleps while wearing seersucker =

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    chan - haven't seen much seersucker action yet but it's still not super warm up here. The pocket square is essential if you plan on rocking it w/o a tie, it gives it that air of sophistication.

j crew has a seersucker suit this season, in several colours.

Drinking mint juleps while wearing seersucker =

or

Mojitos

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    man...I been rockin seersucker for YEARS.

Always the pants with white kswiss and a white polo shirt with the navy polo logo. skraight pimpin.

I'mma cop the jacket this year though.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    skraight pimpin.