I'm off to Barcelona...

Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
Miraculously, over the last three weeks my summer plans have changed from working whatever crap job I could find to four months of travel, lucrative, carefree record related employment, and lazy afternoons in the sun. Some of these afternoons are going to be spent in Barcelona, where I'll be for a little over a week beginning, I think, on July 9. I've already scored reservations at Restaurant Sant Pau-Carme Ruscalleda, but I need to know what's what in Barcelona. Can anybody recommend record spots, restaurants, galleries, stores, whatever? Maybe someone knows a lounge that'll want a Waxing Deep set? Pedro Ruy Blas and Jordi Sabate for days, right?

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    You suck!

• Barcelona - amazing place

pay this place a visit www.wah-wahsupersonic.com - cool shop they'll set you sraight with other shops, spots, clubs.

First day get an overview of the city by getting the cable car from the harbour upto the castle - walk back down checking out the giant cactus garden.

Harbour beach (end of the Rambla) there's a guy with a record stall on the beach - 60's 45's, EP's...

There's plenty of flea markets, secondhand spots it's just a matter of walking around and getting lost...

hope that's a help.

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts
    You suck!

I'd like to echo this statement. YOU SUCK!

• Options
    You'll like it, Dan. Beaches are off the hook and I can see the lifestyle meshing with you well.

I dated a beach bunny girl from there and spent some time hanging there with her.

Gorgeous place, K.

• Options
    Fredericton to BArcelona to ?

K.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Fredericton to Toronto to Barcelona (to Cuba??) to Killarney, Algonquin, and Temagami.

Thanks for the advice! Keep it coming.

• Check out Bar Marsella on the sketchy side of Las Ramblas--they serve absinthe!

http://www.barcelona.com/barcelona_city_guide/the_night/bars_cafes/bar_marsella

They'll bring you half a glass of it, a fork, two sugar cubes, and a bottle of water. So that you look less confused than I did: place the fork over the glass, put the two sugar cubes on the fork, and slowly pour the water over the cubes to dissolve them/dilute the absinthe.

Then stumble back to your hotel.

• Options
    ...or cut off your ear.

k.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    lucky!

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    ...or cut off your ear.

k.

or make some beautiful paintings before hitting the sack.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    dude my ex girl this a beautiful Persian chick is living out there in Barc. shall I put you in touch?

and if you hit to Cuba, let a brother know; I have some reccommendations.