Bmore & DC - WHAT IT DO THIS WEEKEND

yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
I been out of the loop (what up Justin), but back with a bit of free time to chill on the site.is anything going on in either of these cities this weekend??? I have Etta James both nights, but if there were any jumpoffs I'd be down to see what up. Also, anybody got any jawns for sale, I would also be down to cop some ish.PM or put on blast.

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I'll be playing in Baltimore this friday so if you want to come through then holler at me.

Info on my events page

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    Dope!!! We'll finally hang after our attempts in Philly.... You've been PM'ed

• I'm DJing Sat night in DC, plus hanging out doing record stuff during the day. Fri night I'm open too, in case you'll be in DC any of those times.

DOPE!! you've been PM'ed

NiteKrawaler45 - your PM box is full.... I'm down to roll in the AM - can we also cop some comics???

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    I'm DJing Sat night in DC, plus hanging out doing record stuff during the day. Fri night I'm open too, in case you'll be in DC any of those times.

I am at Saint Ex on Saturday nite....Kev, where are you at? Wonderland?

• I've seen comics yeah, so you might see them Sat.

I cleaned the PM box.

Chr*s, I'm at Wonderland yeah. It's the "Breakin' Glass" old school hip hop night. I wish they would freakin' update their online calendar of events....

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I've seen comics yeah, so you might see them Sat.

I cleaned the PM box.

Chr*s, I'm at Wonderland yeah. It's the "Breakin' Glass" old school hip hop night. I wish they would freakin' update their online calendar of events....

how is the sound system there these days?

I'm DJing Sat night in DC, plus hanging out doing record stuff during the day. Fri night I'm open too, in case you'll be in DC any of those times.

Would it make sense to try to roll to both????

I cleaned the PM box.

The sound system is nice now. They have a floor thudding sub thingy, and some excellent M audio speakers plus the old system down near the bar. Works wonders. Only problem comes when people jump near the stage, the combo of vibrations skips the records.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    boston was runnin the show in b'more last weekend.
    i went down w/ a buddy to watch the sox fri night, and the fan ratio was 1 for every 3 oriole fans. awesome stadium. good time. the fans littering the field was whack.

side note: took about 10 hrs to get down there from the bean. stuck on 95 thru ny for 3+hrs. got to the game just in time. after the game, went back to the hotel, went to bed, got up aND DROVE BACK home.

• I'm DJing Sat night in DC, plus hanging out doing record stuff during the day. Fri night I'm open too, in case you'll be in DC any of those times.

Hey man, Chr*s's night is fun and there are other things going on round DC so you've got quite a few options late night Sat. It's a quick cab ride from Saint Ex to Wonderland and Adams Morgan spots so you could just hop around if you wanted.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Hey man, Chr*s's night is fun and there are other things going on round DC so you've got quite a few options late night Sat. It's a quick cab ride from Saint Ex to Wonderland and Adams Morgan spots so you could just hop around if you wanted.

Dope and I'll have a car so I'll be a mucho

tone - PM me if you want to pop into my show before you have to get to your gig.

I cleaned the PM box.

Shit bumps. Check picks from last saturday:

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    boston was runnin the show in b'more last weekend.
    i went down w/ a buddy to watch the sox fri night, and the fan ratio was 1 for every 3 oriole fans.

More like 3 red sox fans for every 1 oriole fan in my experience.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    haha, prob. i didnt want to be too much of a masshole.

Big ups to NiteKrawler45, secret weapon, DCdigger and

D*$e & his dope girlie A**y for making my trip to DC

Nite - you really went above & beyond the quest for not catching jawns!!!!! Shit's all good though as our delirious convo during the breakfast summit was worth more than the price of waking up late, though still showing up at the flea before 7AM. If you're feeling the mixjawn, maybe we can swing a guest spot so I can rock KRS (missing from last night's jump off!!!)

peas

• girgir 329 Posts

put all your eggs in one basket tonight...

would love to rep, but am flying out in a few hours...

• Big ups to NiteKrawler45, secret weapon, DCdigger and

D*$e & his dope girlie A**y for making my trip to DC

Nite - you really went above & beyond the quest for not catching jawns!!!!! Shit's all good though as our delirious convo during the breakfast summit was worth more than the price of waking up late, though still showing up at the flea before 7AM. If you're feeling the mixjawn, maybe we can swing a guest spot so I can rock KRS (missing from last night's jump off!!!)

peas

Great times had this past weekend, from the unfortunatly weather-hampered digs (still fun), to sunny breakfast rappin', to Wonderland craziness, Beats came correct and we all enjoyed his company.

Next time you're around man, we'll pick up where we left off plus attempt to grab some good digs.

BTW: You can guest-spot with some delicious KRS anytime. Just make sure I get my De La in there somewhere .......Posdnuos!