in las vegas

ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
So, what's the deal with last vegas? Any record places worth loitering at? I'm in town for a friends wedding. I'm kinda restricted to the strip but might jet around in a cab tomorrow. Boxes of "spirit free" plaese and thank u.

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Get thyself to Maryland Pkwy. On Maryland a block north of Tropicana your got Big B's on one side of the street & Hiphopsite on the other. After that you wana head down to Flamingo & Maryland and hit up the recordCity which I think is a dollar only store.

If you can't get off the strip then head down to Las Vegas Blvd & Sahara and head east, less than 1/2 a mile from there you'll run into 2 record Citys; The chains 2 better stores.

have fun

• What happened to Big B's? Last time I went there (last month), the jazz section had about a crates worth of records. Actually, all the used sections were weak. My boy went a month earlier than I did and said the exact same thing.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    shit gets picked through...it goes in cycles

• Really, that picked through, that's crazy! It was REALLY weak. I'm talking 100-200 soul records, 50 jazz records, and maybe 100 rock records. It also seemed like they consildated the shelf space for the used records. Wow.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    wel on my last trip up there I must've hit every one of my old spots Record stores, and thrift shops and after all that I think I left town with 2 whole rackords. However there have been other times I've walked into Big B's and seen the vinyl shelves lined with Gary Bartz & Andy Bey LP's...

...like I said it goes in cycles

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    Whrid thanks!

Las vegas. Do people really live here? It's like an old wild west town with fronts erected to distract and pacify elders. Been reading bell hooks to combat bikini clad elevator bimbos and buffets. Shit's pervasive.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    go to Waxx Traxx

(seriously)

Rich is a turd to end all turds and you'll actually see some records you want (although chances are he'll want $500 for them). but you never know.

I actually did buy a few things there.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    i just want to go to waxx traxx to repeatedly try to be this dude's friend. See how much kindness it would take for his head to explode.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Me an him are tight.

First two times, total cocksucker. By the third he knew I was serious and actually hooked me up on a shitload of 12's he didn't care about.

GO to wax trax. It's fun.

aha yesh that's the place people come away with bad stories from. Maybe I'll go for a laugh.

Plus I like stores that ask too much money. Hot record go nowhere. I'll just take notes and find em for cheap elsewhere. Education = valuable.

Wish me luck cabbing it around with my bags tomorrow. I'm going to look like a dipshit.

• Options
    Rent a bike.

K.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Rent a bike.

K.

In 100+ deg. heat?

It's the desert, K!

YES that's a great idea! All these joints are within 2-3 miles of me, slightly too far to do walking, and it's a balmy 80ish.

• Options
    I know. My boy has some 3 story mansion-with-an-elevator there. We rode bikes.

K.