2»

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    tenacious local

This needs a graemlin, at least on waxidermy

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    tenacious local

This needs a graemlin

yes. and perhaps it needs to be my location as well.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    hahaha! but who should be saying it?

• We all tried to get part time jobs there before AKA part time raping of the back rooms, but those clever bastards have a policy that you have to have at least a Bachelors'(counted all of us out!) and NO part time! so you gotta be serious.

Luckily we had a friend who worked there for real and pulled out all of the back room for us once (nothing CRAZY came out, but when was the last time you found James Brown presents Stars of Tomorrow SEALED??) anyways..

craziest half price books come ups MILWAUKEE

*Eugene McDaniels Headless Hero's $.25 (back when it actually used to flip for a
    lot)
    *2 different LIGHT OF SABA lps that both got $1000 on the bay a few months back. plus a huge JA 45 score with it.
    *James Brown 'Its a new day so let a man come in and do the popcorn' LP in nm for $5.

NEVER find good 45s at the ones here in general. a couple private white things that were OK, no good soul/funk ever.

actually, not a whole lot of shit come to think of it. feel free to add 'historical' come ups from your neck.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts

NEVER find good 45s at the ones here in general.

feel free to add 'historical' come ups from your neck.

semi recent 1/2 books price 45 finds:

curtis greene - i have just got to get down
    willie willis - willy's funk
    everyday people - got to get next to you
    nancy priddy - you've come this way (thx R*ch!)
    soul society - afrodesia
    chico & buddy - can you dig it?
    willie tee - thank you john < not raer but i love this record
    edges of wisdom - forgot the titles but it's a garage record I sold for $200
    the four pros - just another girl < bouta $100 to $150 northern 45.

but earliest, most nostalgic, non JB 45 find of all time (emnnjb4foat):

manzel - space funk
    way back when in arlington, this was the find that got me interested in the 45 bin. I bought it with no idea of what it was just because it said "space" and "funk" on it. present day, this is one of the worst 1/2 prices in the country. what happened?

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    present day, this is one of the worst 1/2 prices in the country. what happened?

Too many diggers know of it? Everyone looking to unload records already has?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

soul society - afrodesia

manzel - space funk
    way back when in arlington, this was the find that got me interested in the 45 bin. I bought it with no idea of what it was just because it said "space" and "funk" on it. present day, this is one of the worst 1/2 prices in the country. what happened?

yeah man, I remember I posted on here that HPB sucked and you had clowned me by posting your HPB finds. I think you had a Saturday Night Special in there... I can't remember.

• cant believe a curtis green came out of there. how close is that to lake charles?

our branches buy solely based off of condition, so this excludes most good inner city soul 45 batches..

soul society - afrodesia

manzel - space funk

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    the one here sucks, but i have yet to go to the ones in the kansas city area, anyone have any experience at those?

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts

yeah man, I remember I posted on here that HPB sucked and you had clowned me by posting your HPB finds. I think you had a Saturday Night Special in there... I can't remember.

Ha, yeah that brag is wearing kinda thin these days. that was 3 yrs ago... when I was unemployed and pretty much moved into the big 1/2 price.

RubVis, Lake Charles is probably 6-7 hours away. I never find any records in LA.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    i haven't found too much crazy stuff, but some of the cool records i've found for 48 cents at HPB (that I can remember) include:

Frank Lowe- Doctor Too Much LP
    Holiday Express- Lady in the Rain LP
    Dee Dee Warwick- I Want to Be With You/I'm Gonna Make You Love Me LP
    Francois Rabbath- Multi-Bass LP (multiples of this)
    Bud Powell- Bud Powell's Moods LP (Norgran, sold it for $90 or so)
    Sister Carol- Black Cinderella LP
    more reggae that I can't remember