Utrecht strut - mega fair style

coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
caught a nasty cold on my return from Austin,but even cash bribes from the old ladycould not stop this trip vinyl west from stuttgart was a no-show (hope all is well Tom)so we took over their stall in the name of the strut strutter llmod stops by to show his find of the day the blue monk - percy, with soulstrut lurker a**m & japanese customercheck out the new arrivals funny dutch reggae customers Hal Akido from Tokyo's top jazz shop (Hal's) pauses from the hunt,while lady collectro from Berlin digs.i met her at the NYC 57th street show last year, she was underwhelmed there,told her to check out the utrecht mega fair, she was very happy(a woman who listens to me, raer !) table #388 flossing raers dutch lurker L*x's stall, bay area peeps may remember him greek-canadian-austrian czech count psych king st***n with canadian-german-iranian infamous dealer cool french dealer who joined us for dinner euro woman dealers with cheesecake displays, wow ! Jan from the Amsterdam Record Palace & his recordson sunday, his wife brought us some suranam soursop,raer fruit ! thanx !! Florida psych dealer Walt tries to hide, he was sharing a stall withthe crazy confederate flag flying german bar band rock guy dj from Rotterdam, Jerry, who use to buy at WFMU fairswith Chris from London Chris & his records cool Austrian strut lurker checks dj supply stall the man from Utrecht, Sjorn & his lps Swedes Max & Larsalso at the fair but not photo'd,TSL's Jarad (he's a kool dude), DJ Spinner, Noiseville NYC,& others i've forgottenand record voyeurism ...... and, if you want to bring your wife or girlfriend,there are several halls with this kind of stuff

Comments

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts
    Damn dude. Thanks for posting.

I would have swooped down on that Ambassadors/U.S. Warren combo.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    could you afford to swoop down on it?

Sjorn don't play!

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts

Sjorn don't play!

Sons prices were like 3X a high ebay price last year. He had some pieces but they weren't goin anywhere. Most of his shit was sealed from what I can remember.

• Man.....nice pics and captions as usual T*m. Overwhelming amount of crazy records. I spied a Spread Love, still need that one!

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

Sjorn don't play!

no, he makes you pay !

there were many baller style stalls,
    but also mega bargains
    a table of polish freak beat, free & fusion jazz was 5 euros friday & saturday,
    2 on sunday
    the stall behind ours had thousands of lps for 15 euros on friday, ten on saturday
    & five on sunday
    Percy found about 2 dozen strata easts & black jazzs on friday,
    uk psych guy
    was pulling a load of folk psych &
    a well known in austin
    belgium store owner stacked
    over a hundred 50's & 60's rockers & r'n'b for resell

i compare this fair to wfmu, only ten times bigger,
    so things like Ambassadors/U.S. Warren combo could be found for a bargain
    or 3 times ebay price

next fair is late, first weekend in december,
    should be some cheap airfare & hotels
    many dealers took a pass this spring
    but will be back then

also, forgot to say high to strutter frankienipplez
    who was there digging

utrecht
    makes this saturday @ 57th st nyc seem like super weak sauce

• Chris & his records

Has anyone on here bought from this dude? I did about 6 years ago, and I'm unlikely to repeat the experience.. At the fairs I've seen him at he's got plenty of raers but none of his records are priced... Never a good look. And when you ask about the price, you can bet it's about 50% more than it's worth and it's misgraded to boot. Oh yeah, and his business card says he's called "Chris Energy"

• What's the going rate on that Copeland Davis?

I got a nice clean copy that I'm considering shifting.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    ------ So much avatar material in your pix!

I see some mega-wants in this here pitcher above...

SG

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    thasalottaheat

just curious, how much would that james mason run out there at a show like that?

------ So much avatar material in your pix!

SG

Those are the EXACT same records some French collectro was selling last year. Dude has the heat but your better off on ebay. I think some of these guys just like flossing raers. They can't be serious about actually serious about selling some of these records at the prices they are asking.

SG

Those are the EXACT same records some French collectro was selling last year. Dude has the heat but your better off on ebay. I think some of these guys just like flossing raers. They can't be serious about actually serious about selling some of these records at the prices they are asking.

the record connection from paris
    their stall was facing ours (or the "strut" table)
    nice guys but, cosign on the prices
    nyc headz would reckonize one of the dudes from 57th & fmu
    (last fmu show he was with his twin bro, identical stylee)

SG

the record connection from paris
    their stall was facing ours (or the "strut" table)
    nice guys but, cosign on the prices
    nyc headz would reckonize one of the dudes from 57th & fmu
    (last fmu show he was with his twin bro, identical stylee)

Even though a lot of dudes charge way too much at Utrecht, its still something every collectro should experience in their lifetime. I'm pissed I couldn't go this year!! Maybe December.

• T*m, were there mega-mind-expanding experiences after show hours?

Thanks for the awesome pics!

T*m, were there mega-mind-expanding experiences during[/b] show hours?
    yes !

people should try to make the december fair
    i promise you will be amazed
    & there are cheap raer if you know when (friday is crucial)
    & where (not in the obvious) to dig

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts

cool french dealer who joined us for dinner

jean roget

the pink panther.

he will get weaseley for a wholedarnfamily 12". he is actually called the "popcorn" king of belgium. wonder how he earned the title??

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    caught a nasty cold on my return from Austin,
    but even cash bribes from the old lady
    could not stop this trip

Damn dood, I was there Friday at 8 am with Attic for the entire day. lol. I probobly talked to you. Shit, are you still here? We're in Amsterdam. We found a few pieces, but not much. We got lucky and were the first at some French Psych table that was HELLA underpriced for some reason. We got maybe 6 or 7 pieces and the rest of his 3 crate offering was gone a few minutes later to 2 dealers.

• llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
    Hi Tim, good to meet you and to see Percy again after a long time. The great thing about Utrecht (other than the records) is catching up wih loads of people you've not seen for ages. Might see you in December!!