Post some styrene 45s people DJ with

2»

Comments

• Am I only the only div with 3 styrene copies of marvin's groove then? Its an easy 45 to find anyway.

Here's some mo'

Jimmy Mcgriff - the worm
    Joe Simon - Drowning in the sea of love.
    Jimmy castor - Just begun on Kinetic ----beware on this as its quite heavy vinyl from memory and but it IS crappy styrene as my cue burn will testify....
    Edwin Starr - I just wanna do my thing. Promo might be vinyl can't comment also available on 12 and LP
    Earnest Jackson - Funky Blackman
    JB's - Monurail
    James Brown - Soul Power '74
    Gwen Mcrae - Funky Sensation Atlantic double sided promo
    Roy Ward - Horse with a freeze Promo. I have the standard issue as well but don't want to find out wether its styrene as I want to sample it!!!

These are the ones I've fucked up from memory, will post more once I get my 45's to hand

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Am I only the only div with 3 styrene copies of marvin's groove then?

No, you're not

• My 3rd guitar was not styrene, dont know what thats all about. Was there 2 (or more) pressings??

Add::

Ray Frazier - Gonna Get Your Love (chess)
    Ramsey and Co - Love Call (ramco) doh
    Jean Knight - Do Me

• My 3rd guitar was not styrene, dont know what thats all about. Was there 2 (or more) pressings??

Theres 2 diff labels.... Mines styrene too

• sorry labels the same (Rojac) 'cept one press says "featuring Eddie Holloway":

whereas the one I got....

....don't!

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    My 3rd guitar was not styrene, dont know what thats all about. Was there 2 (or more) pressings??

A whole lot of these had concurrent vinyl and strene pressings coming out of different plants at the same time, apparantly... so its not even a matter of different pressings

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

Jimmy castor - Just begun on Kinetic ----beware on this as its quite heavy vinyl

Can't trust Kinetic!

Actually, I have an Italian RCA 7" of 'it's just begun' and that shit is vinyl.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    Spaghetti Head - 'funky axe' (Private Stock pressing)

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    Jimmy Mcgriff - the worm

i'm not picky, so i bought a copy of this 45 that looked like...VG-

ABSOLUTELY unplayable, the hiss drowns out the music completely.

• Spaghetti Head - 'funky axe' (Private Stock pressing)

I don't have the US version, but (luckily) my Spanish pressing is vinyl.

• puppup 133 Posts
    Earnest Jackson - Funky Blackman

i've got a vinyl pressing of this (orange label with psych looking font), but my buddy John has a styrene one (white label with arial-ish font). Because of the label differences, I would assume this means a different pressing, not just a different plant pressing styrene instead of vinyl.

p.s. have any of you every noticed that styrene pressings are essentially two thin crappy pieces of plastic fused together with labels glued on versus vinyl where the labels seem embedded in the wax and the wax is one beautiful whole piece of plastic

• I just realized my copy of Freddi, Henchi & The SoulSetters - Funky To the Bone was styrene. I know a few DJs have used that one, most notably Babu w/Iriscience in the Triple Optics Live 45 remix. So is there a vinyl version out there? I couldn't hear signs of cue burn in Babu's mix.

• Spaghetti Head - 'funky axe' (Private Stock pressing)

I don't have the US version, but (luckily) my Spanish pressing is vinyl.

the UK orange RCA press is vinyl too

• Jimmy castor - Just begun on Kinetic ----beware on this as its quite heavy vinyl

Can't trust Kinetic!

Actually, I have an Italian RCA 7" of 'it's just begun' and that shit is vinyl.

sell me it noddy

• Earnest Jackson - Funky Blackman
    i've got a vinyl pressing of this (orange label with psych looking font), but my buddy John has a styrene one (white label with arial-ish font). Because of the label differences, I would assume this means a different pressing, not just a different plant pressing styrene instead of vinyl.

Like this?