marcofunk...you're slippin'

hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    the bidding history on that thing is crazy.

Reynaldo, make a run at it or you are soft.

• hey, it's a pick-up-only item. the seller will have the honorable pleasure of meeting thy great collectro!!

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
    manumanu isn't anyone new... i wouldn't be surprised if he had a long white beard.

and a jheri curl

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts

Wow, thank goodness it's being shipped media mail or he'd really be breaking the bank.

• admoro is a LA doo doo stick that i have had twice. i bought one off my friend in louieville OFF EBAY for $50 about three years ago. i sold it for $200. now it is a $1700 record you popsike research mongers. IT STILL SUCKS ASS.

yea i don't get it....the music is probably crap and it has an ugly cover, so just who are you trying to impress with that?

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    admoro is a LA doo doo stick .

i was wondering, because it looks like it sucks ass

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts
    admoro is a LA doo doo stick .

i was wondering, because it looks like it sucks ass

Which one has "Human"? I don't see it on that one, maybe its a different group. That song is

on the subject of ebay auctions...i am just daydreaming about the day i can buy some of these... Afrobeat auction. i don't use phrases like this often, but this Orlando Julius is insanely good.

• ADMOROO DOES NOT LOOK LIKE IT SUCKS IT DOES SUCKS.

STINKS LIKE AN ASS WITH A FART COMING OUT OF IT.

$1700.

CAN YOU IMAGINE! YOU COULD HAVE A CRATE OF 40 OR 50 FAT RARES FOR THAT PRICE.

ADMOROO DOES NOT LOOK LIKE IT SUCKS IT DOES SUCKS.

STINKS LIKE AN ASS WITH A FART COMING OUT OF IT.

$1700.

CAN YOU IMAGINE! YOU COULD HAVE A CRATE OF 40 OR 50 FAT RARES FOR THAT PRICE.

haha. absolutely. and i'd much rather have it that way.

i don't get it, what else is in these dude's collections?

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Hey folks clue me in. Who is marcofunk?! We had a war of words via email regarding his bogus bid retraction on one of my auctions. I think I got him in trouble with Italian Ebay, if he had been cooler I would have let him slide...but he popped some 'tude when he was fully in the wrong (30+ retractions in the last 6 months come on nobody "types the wrong amount" that much), so I had to pull his card!
    Lemme know what his deal is, aiight.....

• Hey folks clue me in. Who is marcofunk?! We had a war of words via email regarding his bogus bid retraction on one of my auctions. I think I got him in trouble with Italian Ebay, if he had been cooler I would have let him slide...but he popped some 'tude when he was fully in the wrong (30+ retractions in the last 6 months come on nobody "types the wrong amount" that much), so I had to pull his card!

Based on the sheer weight of his wallet, Marcofunk is beyond reproach...

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Yeah but money can't buy good taste in records, or a sunny disposition....

• on the subject of ebay auctions...i am just daydreaming about the day i can buy some of these... Afrobeat auction. i don't use phrases like this often, but this Orlando Julius is insanely good.

ETHIOPIAN MODERN INSTRUMENTAL HITS
    AMHA RECORDS AELP10-RELEASED APPROX 1972

CHECK MY OTHER AUCTIONS
    LISTEN TO THE SOUNDCLIP BY CLICKING THE LINK BELOW
    all clips from actual record offerd for sale !!!

Side 1:
    # 1.MUNAYE (MULATU ASTATKE)
    # 2.MECHE DERESHE (MULATU ASTATKE) LISTEN HERE
    # 3.YETESFA TEZETA (TESFA MARIAM KIDANE)
    # 4.KASALEFKUT HULU (MULATU ASTATKE)
    # 5.TEZETA (MULATU ASTATKE) LISTEN HERE

Side 2:
    # 1.EWNET YET LAGENESH (BAHGAT H. HIWOT)
    # 2.YEGELE TEZETA (MULATU ASTATKE) SIT DOWN BEFORE LISTENING[/b]
    # 3.BEMGNOT ALNORM (BAHGAT H. HIWOT) CLICK HERE
    # 4.YEKERMO SAW/ UNRELEASED VERSION (MULATU ASTATKE) LISTEN HERE
    # 5.HEIWOTE(TESFA MARIAM KIDANE)

I'M LOVIN' IT![/b]

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Holy shit.

• Hey folks clue me in. Who is marcofunk?! We had a war of words via email regarding his bogus bid retraction on one of my auctions. I think I got him in trouble with Italian Ebay, if he had been cooler I would have let him slide...but he popped some 'tude when he was fully in the wrong (30+ retractions in the last 6 months come on nobody "types the wrong amount" that much), so I had to pull his card!

Based on the sheer weight of his wallet, Marcofunk is beyond reproach...
    there is some truth in this. if you spend this much on ebay you can probably be a douchebag and pull some shit like this.

• chrischris 287 Posts

Holy shit.

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts
    That afro auction is of the hook. If I had an extra 5K, I would know where to spend it. Even the conditions are really good. And the best thing is, I'm going to see Mulatu LIVE next summer

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    admoro is a LA doo doo stick that i have had twice. i bought one off my friend in louieville OFF EBAY for $50 about three years ago. i sold it for $200. now it is a $1700 record you popsike research mongers. IT STILL SUCKS ASS.

I did this same exact thing! I bought a sealed copy on ebay for $19 4 years ago. Turned around and sold it for $200 and they guy that bought it from me was totally pissed because the album sucked so bad. He shouldn't have bought on recommendation. The record sucked then and probably still does. Even though a lot of modern soul is sounding good right about now.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    On another note I was offered a copy of that Brief Encounter joint 6 years ago for $400 and I told the dealer he was tripping that I would never pay that much for a record. I have only seen it twice since then and it was over $1000 both times!

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
    the steam is clearing from reynaldo's (now famous) 9th creation auction, just saw it sell for about $200 something.

it really seems that new bars are being set right now. people aren't afraid to drop over a g on a record they've been looking a couple years for. hell no the doesn't reflect quality.

were people ever turning up TSG lp's cheap? in new york? when did those get snapped up?

• I TOLD YOU THAT 9TH CREATION WAS A SUB-RARE PREVIOUSLY MARKET FLOODED STICK OF DOO DOO.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    SUB-RARE

• GABO BROWN & ORCHESTRE POY RYTHMO
    ALBARIKA STORE ASB 193-APPROX 1974

CHECK MY OTHER AUCTIONS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Side 1: IT??S A VANITY

http://www.analogafrica.com/mp3/ASB190.mp3

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

Holy shit.

IS this the same track that's on this?

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    the steam is clearing from reynaldo's (now famous) 9th creation auction, just saw it sell for about $200 something.

that auction looks mad tho.

---

• Options
    on the subject of ebay auctions...i am just daydreaming about the day i can buy some of these... Afrobeat auction. i don't use phrases like this often, but this Orlando Julius is insanely good.

ETHIOPIAN MODERN INSTRUMENTAL HITS
    AMHA RECORDS AELP10-RELEASED APPROX 1972

CHECK MY OTHER AUCTIONS

Side 1:
    # 1.MUNAYE (MULATU ASTATKE)
    # 2.MECHE DERESHE (MULATU ASTATKE) LISTEN HERE
    # 3.YETESFA TEZETA (TESFA MARIAM KIDANE)
    # 4.KASALEFKUT HULU (MULATU ASTATKE)
    # 5.TEZETA (MULATU ASTATKE) LISTEN HERE

Side 2:
    # 1.EWNET YET LAGENESH (BAHGAT H. HIWOT)
    # 3.BEMGNOT ALNORM (BAHGAT H. HIWOT) CLICK HERE
    # 4.YEKERMO SAW/ UNRELEASED VERSION (MULATU ASTATKE) LISTEN HERE
    # 5.HEIWOTE(TESFA MARIAM KIDANE)

I'M LOVIN' IT![/b]

Samy (samsoum) is a flight attendant that flies around the world. Nice guy.

K.

• 6fran506fran50 266 Posts

Holy shit.

IS this the same track that's on this?

yes ... same track , same album