Strutters in Entertainment Weekly (again)

funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
Just got the new EW and there are short write ups for Odub's 'Soulsides' comp and a DJ Ayres mix.

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I'll post the scan when I get home, O-dub's Soul Sides got an A, Lemon Red Mix Series by Ayres got a B+ I think.

Can't hatt on the publicity, EW is pretty mainstream but the magazine has been covering more and more of the blogosphere, heh.

• That's fantastic! Props to both of 'em.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Can't hatt on the publicity, EW is pretty mainstream but the magazine has been covering more and more of the blogosphere, heh.

I've had a subscription to EW for years - I've always liked the mag though the new design is a bit questionable.

• I've had a subscription to EW for years - I've always liked the mag though the new design is a bit questionable.

How so? I have a friend that works in the art department and I'm sure he'd love to hear opinions on what works and doesn't from subscribers.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I've had a subscription to EW for years - I've always liked the mag though the new design is a bit questionable.

How so? I have a friend that works in the art department and I'm sure he'd love to hear opinions on what works and doesn't from subscribers.

Personally, I think the new design is almost too clean and sparse. Maybe I just need a few weeks to adjust but I kind of liked the older style even though it wasn't the most spiffy art direction ever.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts

NO MORE EW SOULSIDES PLUG FOR YOU!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

nice one!