paypal question

markus71markus71 937 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
Recently I received an email from paypal asking me to provide business information and copies of such things as ID-card, passport, driverslicense etc.I believe only european users of the paypal sysytem have received this email and only when you have received more than 6,500.00 to your account. Also I think these people where picked at random.Is there anybody who knows what to do with this email....should I just go ahead and provide this information?First I thought it was a spoofmessage but I have checked with paypal and it is official.If anyone has any info on this, please post here.thanks!

Comments

• i never had this mail man

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    I got a weird email on April 4 with February 2006 in the heading asking me to provide ID + it ended with the usual "If you choose to ignore our request, you leave us no choice but to temporarily suspend your account"

• 6fran506fran50 266 Posts

• Paypal is always saying that they never ask for personal info by email, so be very careful. When you logged into your paypal account was the request for this info in there as well?