Lake City (Seattle) Record Convention Sunday?

portion_controlportion_control 44 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Ey Seattle--anyone going to the Lake City Record Show on Sunday? Just moved up from Eastlake and this show is about 2 blocks from my new stately manor. I'm planning on punishing about 8 bloody marys and then walk over and buy tons of crap moody loops dollar binners until the acid eats a hole in my stomach. HOLLA

Comments

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I don't think I'm gonna bother. Lemme know what I missed.

And if you have to puke, plaese to puke down some Beatles collector's buttcrack while hes digging for classic rock nuggets.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Nah hommie, I'll be sleeping on Sunday. If you're in Lake City, you should just go to Rick's instead. I think the Lake City record show will be pretty wack.

• I don't think I'm gonna bother. Lemme know what I missed.

And if you have to puke, plaese to puke down some Beatles collector's buttcrack while hes digging for classic rock nuggets.

That would be an emphatic HELL YES.

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts
    Ey Seattle--anyone going to the Lake City Record Show on Sunday? Just moved up from Eastlake and this show is about 2 blocks from my new stately manor. I'm planning on punishing about 8 bloody marys and then walk over and buy tons of crap moody loops dollar binners until the acid eats a hole in my stomach. HOLLA

Its probably the wackest of all the local shows. That being said I went to the last one! If I wake up, I'll probably go. Goin to Ricks would be money better spent though. Lol

• Its probably the wackest of all the local shows. That being said I went to the last one! If I wake up, I'll probably go. Goin to Ricks would be money better spent though. Lol

Ha, word--I'm just psyched it's in walking distance. I'm going to rock the pancake and booze breakfast and try to get thrown out of there for stage diving or some dumb shit before I spend too much on hot MarinaRock though.

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts

Uh... two years ago at the Lake City record show I suddenly realized I had caught food poisoning off the previous night's dinner. Scallop sashimi at a sushi place down in Belltown. Luckily I made it to the mens' room.

Need I say

collect call to god on the upside down telephone?

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

Uh... two years ago at the Lake City record show I suddenly realized I had caught food poisoning off the previous night's dinner. Scallop sashimi at a sushi place down in Belltown. Luckily I made it to the mens' room.

Need I say

Damn joe! What sushi spot in Belltown? Your boy Big Chan wants to know. It wasn't Shiro's was is? That's where we always eat and Shiro is VERY good about making sure everything is fresh and top quality!

Let's see, Wasabi Bistro? Sushi Kyo? Saito's?

Need I say

Damn joe! What sushi spot in Belltown? Your boy Big Chan wants to know. It wasn't Shiro's was is? That's where we always eat and Shiro is VERY good about making sure everything is fresh and top quality!

Let's see, Wasabi Bistro? Sushi Kyo? Saito's?

Naw, Shiro's is good... Wasabi Bistro is too fusion for me but also good. It was that spot closer to downtown, a few blocks up from the Crocodile Cafe on the same side... is that Saito's?

The late-night sushi hookup is Rain on 45th in Wallingford... open until 2AM on the weekends & it's real decent. Cute staff too.

Bringing it back to the Lake City Record Show... I just got back. Best Lake City show for me in a while - I caught Monty Alexander "Rass" for $2, this Martha Velez record for $10:
    http://popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=4064422143

Plus some jazz I had been looking for - Chris Hills, Joe Harriott, "Money Jungle".

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Even though I drank at least a 5th of Henessey last night at the club I somehow ended up at the record show. I didn't even know about it either except someone at the club asked if I was going. Well I know this has been a bad show, the one today was decent. There was a dealer from out of town and ALL of his records looked like they had never been played and the most expensive tag was $7. He had "Ramp", the Perception label catalog, Eddy Senay, some blue note stuff, prestiege stuff, and some odd ball indi things that looked ill. The problem was the dealer Mike (his real name) "Samples" pretty much caught this dealer first and cleaned up pretty good. I caught a few remaining titles and bought about 20 records. Caught some decent funk 45's too out another first time out of town dealer. I wanted to post about show etiquette etc. because as I was walking up to a crate this lady ran and jumped in front of me all fast and shit and was totally disrespectful!!!!! She clearly seen me, so I watched over back at the records and she was looking so damn slow and I fingered through the ones in the back of the crate she hadn't seen yet and this bitch tells me SHE is looking through the crate, I have to wait. Probably due to my night of partying I decided to fall back and just let it slide. My first intention was to fly her dome like United! I just figured I would be cool but if she did pull a record I just had to have in front of me, I would have just taken out of her hands and she wouldn't do shit. Well, the dumb chick didn't pull any of the 'goodies' as expected. Not a bad event over all.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    My first intention was to fly her dome like United!

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    My first intention was to fly her dome like United!

Yeah, couple slaps would've done it, Black Belt Jones style.

alright who was selling at this turdfest? the usual suspects?

80 year old dude selling Benny Goodman 78's

Doug selling dollar bin dookie lookin for Scorpions promos and white label Sparks lps

dude selling shitty vhs bootlegs grainy ass Van Halen concert footage from 1984 and shit

lady selling Partridge Family paperbacks and Maiden picture discs

big Brian with the Boogaloo Joe Jones and James Brown ish

dude with a million of the same random Jerden label 45's

crazy goth dude with the spider web tights and Amon Duul and kraut rock raers

Mister E from pike place market sellin delta blues out the Yazoo plus the reggae inna dub stylee

my fuckin main man- quiet dude with the strata east and sweet soul shit

hommie from the Fall Outs sellin garage and psych

yo was the lady that wears the acid washed Def Leppard jeans there? next level shit

you know the drill

I need details Seatown

206 is the area code

whats up?

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    The quiet dude with the soul/jazz heaters is Mike Samples. Still don't understand dude to this day and have bought from him for 10 years plus.

Big Brian wasn't there and Spider face with the tights was not there either.

I watched the 80 year old dude with Benny Goodman 78's set up and was feeling bad for him.

Overall this is indeed a complete "Turdfest". Like I said earlier though, there was an abundance of good shit today because one guy bought a decent collection from out of town.

yeah thats his name, Mike. I can't read him but he always gives deals without any haggling. like he just takes 5 or 10 bucks off the top. cool in my book.

spider face tights dude has his own store I heard. fruity loops for dayz

I almost wanna give Benny Goodman dinosaur dealer all my money outta pity.

was recordmonger Craig there at the buttcrack of dawn scooping all private folk and psych moves?

shoulda gone and swiped Eddy Senays for 7 dollars and done push ups

hungover and sick instead

There was a dealer from out of town and ALL of his records looked like they had never been played and the most expensive tag was $7. He had "Ramp", the Perception label catalog, Eddy Senay, some blue note stuff, prestiege stuff, and some odd ball indi things that looked ill.

Yeah I hit the remnants of that... got Laura Lee 'Crumbs off the table' for $6 but it looked like there had been some heat at some point. I was sleeping, literally - too much pushing up on desi girls at the bhangra night Saturday.