Randy Weston and his African Rhythms Trio

CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
I heard a cut from his new album on the radio last night and it was . I have not heard any new jazz in a while that did that to my face. I heard it on my way home in the car and turned it on in the house when I got home. I can't remember his name but the bass player was great.

Comments

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    I heard a cut from his new album on the radio last night and it was . I have not heard any new jazz in a while that did that to my face. I heard it on my way home in the car and turned it on in the house when I got home. I can't remember his name but the bass player was great.

Alex Blake is the bassist on this record, which I hope I can find locally! Thanks for the heads up, Cousin!

I just saw the African Rhythyms combo here in DC at the Kennedy Center and as usual, Randy was indeed face-melting. Go see him whenever you can.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

Alex Blake is the bassist on this record, which I hope I can find locally! Thanks for the heads up, Cousin!

I just saw the African Rhythyms combo here in DC at the Kennedy Center and as usual, Randy was indeed face-melting. Go see him whenever you can.

Yeah, Blake is great. He has a really distinct sound that goes perfectly with Weston's piano. I think they have clips of the new cd on Weston's site. I wish they would put this stuff out on vinyl though.