The regular people news freaking out over myspace

FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
Dateline, Today, USA Today, my "local" (syndicated branch of corporate consolodated right wing reactionary mind control chain) newspaper, etc.I wouldn't know, but it appears to be the flea market for pedophiles.

Comments

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    man, i just found out that little kids are on there using that shit. i don't know why but i thought that you had to be a certain age(18) to join. nope. my girl's friend's little girl is on there leaving her comments! she is only 15. what!?!?

as soon as i found that out i was a little concerned, for the same reasons they are.

i mean, as far as being a dj goes, myspace is awesome for promoting. sure beats the hell out of passing out handbills. but man, the thought of pedophiles on there trolling for youngin's is gross.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I swear, every day Good Morning America has a new PARENTS BEWARE OF MYSPACE piece airing, which gets kind of annoying, but then I think about what kind of rules I'm gonna have to put in place as a (future) parent and then things like MySpace scare the hell out of me...

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    Its pure evil myspace! Ruport murdoch runs it now......but check out my cousins groups new track!!! www.myspace.com/herrotics Its tha good shit.
    I read somewhere 2day aswell that some kids set up an account 2 pretend to be a girl & cheer their friend up who had split up with his girlfriend. Then they started gettin messages from some peado tryin 2 set up a meeting.

• Tuff_GongTuff_Gong 627 Posts
    Dateline, Today, USA Today, my "local" (syndicated branch of corporate consolodated right wing reactionary mind control chain) newspaper, etc.

I wouldn't know, but it appears to be the flea market for pedophiles.

Locally here about 6 cops got suspended because they had MySpace accounts that discussed arrests they'd made and other things like that. Funny thing is one of the guys who got suspended is a guy I knew on BBSes back in the early 90's, and back then he was into vandalizing and was just an asshole in general, and now he's a cop. One of the other guys who got suspended is a guy I went to high school with.

Another of the cops was suspended because his space had the following picture (like all us computer nerds haven't laughed at this one for years):

MySpace is getting a bad rap from those who really don't even know much about it but those of us who use it know it's really not that big a deal. Can you hook up with 14 year old girls on there? I guess, but pedophiles didn't seem to have any problems finding these girls before MySpace existed either.

• I've said it a couple times before but Myspace has been used by employers to do background checks.

Beware

• girgir 329 Posts
    I've said it a couple times before but GOOGLE[/b] has been used by employers to do background checks.

Beware