DIG DUG 2 > SOUTH BAY REPRESENT!!!!

downtown72downtown72 125 Posts
edited April 2006 in Announcements
hey folks,just a reminder if you're in the Bay Area next week, San Jose's own little vinyl/listening party will be going off (again!) next tuesday: DJing we will have locals Ennui, Chaz, and SS regular Strictly7.FREE admission, and if you're interested in selling, send a PM my way.

Comments

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    hey folks,

just a reminder if you're in the Bay Area next week, San Jose's own little vinyl/listening party will be going off (again!) next tuesday:

DJing we will have locals Ennui, Chaz, and SS regular Strictly7.

FREE admission, and if you're interested in selling, send a PM my way.

looking forward to it jeff!!!

hope it's just as great as the last one!!

peace and much respect
    adrian

• OneSoulOneSoul 206 Posts
    DJing we will have locals Ennui, Chaz, and SS regular Strictly 7

although for this event we'll have to go with "well-almost-usually-strictly 7" I'm gonna be flexing some of my grown up records and do an all 12" set, just to mess with you guys...

should be fun.

-B-

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Whoa... you own 12's?

• how often do you guys do this?

• I'm looking forward to this. Mark me down for a table again.

• how often do you guys do this?

so far this is the second one, and we're looking at once a month...

hey KID, have you talked to Nate? I've been directing everyone to give him a call if they are looking for table space - lemme know if you need his digits.

• ennuiennui 111 Posts
    yo... i'm new to this whole soulstrut thing but i just wanted to thank everybody in advance for all the support. i put this night together for people like all of y'all who love and live music. come down, have a beer, and come up on a few records in the process. bring your boys (or girls) and don't be scared of san jo.

Here's the latest info:[/b]

We're having the second installment of San Jose's only record appreciation night on tuesday. Come down, have a beer, hear some music, buy some music. All are welcome.

Re-post if you're feeling the vibe. Hit me up if you need info, directions, etc. [email]recsineffect@yahoo.com[/email]
    -nate

Listen to these guys:

Chaz[/b] will once again prove that he is the most underrated DJ in town. Even he doesn't think he's very good. But he's wrong.

Ennui[/b] will start with Joe Meek and end with electric Miles. What happens in between will be determined shortly.

Strictly 7[/b] will work around his legendary 45 collection, playing a rare LP/12" set.

Sellers will include:

Age[/b] (soul, funk, breaks, psych, jazz and rare hip hop)

Jeff Jagged[/b] (80's, disco, italo, soul, randomness)

Kid Inquisitive[/b] (Berkeley head with recently unearthed collections)

King Most[/b] (San Mateo's finest, bringing that dollar bin vibe)

and hopefully...

Justin Torres[/b] (the dealers' dealer.... a deeply respected collector from SF)

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    looking forward to this again folks!!

for those who missed it the first time,now's the time to come.
    great music,great friends,good beer(and wine sometimes too).

peace
    adrian(age)

• ageage 1,131 Posts

What's with lady about to drop one!?!?!?

See ya there Mr. B!

another one down and time to start planning for the next one...

[plea] ahem, excuse me mother nature could we please get some decent weather for the next event? [/plea]

good turnout, most dealers faired rather well. It seemed like the same amount of people, although they were different people. Which means the next one in May should hopefully be the best one yet.

thanks to all who showed up and to Nate for tying it all together once again.

See you all on May 9th[/b]!!

Some photos from 4/11: Gallery AD

Nate aka: Ennui[/b] and the back of Young Phonics???[/b] head.

The man known as Age[/b] slangin his shit.

Jeff Jagged aka: Downtown72[/b] lookin rather flossy in his metropark gear

Strictly 7 trying to impress with my 12??? (damn my shoulder, I would be using Dildo too if I had to carry those big ol??? records around all the time)

• oh you beeeyatch...! you've given the faces away with the names (all beautiful i might add), AND linked me to my mall ho's... whats next B, shoe scratchin'?????

oh you beeeyatch...! you've given the faces away with the names (all beautiful i might add), AND linked me to my mall ho's... whats next B, shoe scratchin'?????

sheeeit homie, I've seen those mall ho's to which you speak and damn if I wouldn't want to be linked with 'em... nadda mean.

shoe scratchin' ??? pffff, that's so last week...

it's all about the hawaiian shirts brah, sure to get you leid...