the dildo that will shut the game down..(TTM57SLR)

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
AYO!This will take a while to download, but this vid makes me sick. game over! If you can't view AVI files, download this:VLC

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    AYO!

This will take a while to download, but this vid makes me sick.

game over!

If you can't view AVI files, download this:

VLC

A-trak hit me up from the Serato offices in New Zealand a few weeks ago and was basically like this...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    AYO!

This will take a while to download, but this vid makes me sick.

game over!

If you can't view AVI files, download this:

VLC

A-trak hit me up from the Serato offices in New Zealand a few weeks ago and was basically like this...

The game is over. IIf this ain't the one to shut the game down, nothing will. I knew it was gonna be ill, but I had no idea it was like this!!! And they were like, these are just SOME of the features.

I'm done!

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts

Did you catch the END part though....the shit with the mixer & effects is nice and all. But recording your mix AND THE FADER as separate tracks, and being able to edit it later? WHAAAAAAAAAAT?

Its not far from being able to have a small mark-up language that describes a mix and the BUYER provides the music. What does that do to music licensing? Like, a dj says "here i recorded this mix using THESE tracks". You buy the songs from itunes (or whatever), and use a special program that reads the "mix" and "builds" a mix cd from the tracks you bought, based on a small file you got from the dj. craziness.

guess i havn't been reading the serato message board enough.

-pj

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    joe dukie & fitchie especial distribution laaar at the end.

nice

Its not far from being able to have a small mark-up language that describes a mix and the BUYER provides the music. What does that do to music licensing? Like, a dj says "here i recorded this mix using THESE tracks". You buy the songs from itunes (or whatever), and use a special program that reads the "mix" and "builds" a mix cd from the tracks you bought, based on a small file you got from the dj. craziness.

Yeah, I mentioned that in a post months ago when this thing was first announced. I guess you could even change the songs in the DAW and have a completely different mix altogether.

You might sound like shit live, but your recorded mixes could be hella onpoint with this thing.

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    y'all know Numark has got Virtual Vinyl comin out soon right ?

dildo everywhere!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

i wasn't digging this from the specs given before but now im convinced!

i wasn't digging this from the specs given before but now im convinced!

I tried to told ya...

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts

You might sound like shit live, but your recorded mixes could be hella onpoint with this thing.

forget that.....if you suck you suck. no way around it. technology might hide it a bit, but it shows one way or another.

These changes are only good...takes everything to a higher level. I mean imagine downloading a complete mix at 10 KILOBYTE or something! That is serious compression! It doesn't say it does that now....but its the direction things are going.

-peeJ

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    what does it do? Im not downloading some huge movie.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    will there be a version available for downlaoding to serato owners?

will there be a version available for downlaoding to serato owners?

The version of Serato that you see on the video will be a TTM57SL version only. You'll only be able to use the features you saw with the new mixer.

That said, I will be copping one on the soon-ish.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I just noticed the lack of "line switches". Not that they're really that useful anyway nowadays, but I'll shed a tear tear for ze bygone era.

I just noticed the lack of "line switches". Not that they're really that useful anyway nowadays, but I'll shed a tear tear for ze bygone era.

nah, actually this mixer has an uber input selection system. Four inputs per channel:

Digital A&B
    Analog A&B

Maybe even line switch overkill...

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    right I saw that up top, it's got the knob dial.

but I mean the physical flip line switch idea, maybe I should've said "transform" switches.

I can't get my eric sermon on no mo.

I can't get my eric sermon Dj Premier on no mo.

You know.. I was thinking about something that Magnetic said about Primo's cuts a while back. you know how primo only cuts with the line switches, if he did that with dildo if would make that hig pitch squeal everytime. Maybe that's why he hates dildo.

• I can't get my eric sermon Dj Premier on no mo.

You know.. I was thinking about something that Magnetic said about Primo's cuts a while back. you know how primo only cuts with the line switches, if he did that with dildo if would make that hig pitch squeal everytime. Maybe that's why he hates dildo.

The Pioneer DJM-707 and 909 still have transform switches.

Not that I ever use mine, but hey....