Lifestyle '06

1235»

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Are the brown people nicer there?

I find that wherever you go people are as nice to you as you are to them. Now, in regards to luxury, privacy, cleanliness, and service, there are no better places in the Gulf, Atlantic, or Caribbean, than St. Barts or Anguilla.

If I may to presume to speak for Rey, I believe he is searching for a destination where he does not have to be nice in order to be treated nicely.
    Kind of... I need the beaches to be white, the white people to be browned, and the brown people to be "white" for things to be right for me and my white chick who "acts Black" sometimes and other times doesn't know how to act.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts

Cancun? How plebian. People of financial stature go to St. Bart's, Anguilla, or a quaint island in indo or micronesia, to vacation on the beach. Cancun, ugh, just goes to show you can't buy class.

my parents went to st. barts. in no way are my parents ballers. they are shigs, afterall.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Reynaldo I would suggest that if you are planning to go to Cancun, take the trip about an hour south and post up in Playa del Carmen. It's a lot more civilized than the cesspit that is Cancun.

• Never been to Cancun, but on a somewhat related note..I enjoyed Belize when I visited there.

well actually, I skipped Belize and jumped on a boat and headed over to the island of Caye Caulker, which is located just one mile west of the Belize Barrier Reef. To me, that place seemed a little cooler than Belize..no big retail stores or anything like that. It had a different feel to it. All signs are homemade,etc...and the people were really nice.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Reynaldo I would suggest that if you are planning to go to Cancun, take the trip about an hour south and post up in Playa del Carmen. It's a lot more civilized than the cesspit that is Cancun.
    Word. I've actually spent a day there and what you say is true.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts

This place looks like a great place to chill. I haven't been on a vacation in like 4 years. This might have to be the spot.

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts
    Never been to Cancun, but on a somewhat related note..I enjoyed Belize when I visited there.

well actually, I skipped Belize and jumped on a boat and headed over to the island of Caye Caulker, which is located just one mile west of the Belize Barrier Reef. To me, that place seemed a little cooler than Belize..no big retail stores or anything like that. It had a different feel to it. All signs are homemade,etc...and the people were really nice.

If you want a chill vacation in the Caribbean for less money, Belize is the place to go.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    if you're really ready for the grown folk lifestyle, then maybe it's time to step into the world of patek philippe

tag is more entry level, as evidenced by all the bootleg tags you see hs kids rock.

2 button > 3 button, especially if you're shorter. A lower stance will reveal more of the shirt/tie, plus it'll give the illusion of you being more open/welcoming.

Ostentatious watches are in seriously poor taste. That is to say, wearing a Patek Philippe is akin to driving a very expensive car. It says 'look at me, I have money but none of the brains or confidence to spend it reasonably'. The way to avoid this is to go vintage or obscure. If you're too lazy or insecure to go vintage, consider a Hamilton or IWC than a a patek philippe. Anyway, most of the people who will make assumptions about you based on your watch aren't worth your time.

hehe, not that I could afford either, but these folks are asking about the "grown folk" lifestyle, as evidenced by all the flossing going on here. I'm just pointing them towards their merrily way. This is no different than folks flossing their "wall pieces" so to speak.

I think it's pretty apparent by now that I'll spend my money on a nice meal and wine before I throw it away on any ostentatious goods. But perhaps some folks will see $300 bottle of wine as an ostentatious good. Can't really please everybody y'know?

Finally, most rich folks have poor taste, but that's no different than a regular sample base of common folk. People have poor taste in general so tackyness prevails in all social classes.

• If you want a chill vacation in the Caribbean for less money, Roatan[/b] is the place to go.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

If you want a chill vacation in the Caribbean for almost no money, Costa Rica[/b] is the place to go.

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts

If you want a chill vacation in the Caribbean for almost no money, Costa Rica[/b] is the place to go.
    My sister went to Costa Rica and her pictures were amazing. Central America on the whole is vastly underrated.

This deserves its own thread.

• lol.

• strange how this would get the bump right now. i'm actually leaving for tamarindo, costa rica on monday. with a stop in roatan to visit family.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    faux_rillz said:
    All this watch talk is kinda Boxcar Willie, though. Concern regarding time is the province of the poor. If, when asked the question "What time is it?" your answer is ever anything other than "It's my time," then your lifestyle requires a kind of rechanneling that is well beyond the reach of Swiss wrist trinketry.

This is the type of peek into the world of the affluent and glamorous I was hoping for when I started this thread.

This actually is my permanent mental "location."