Lifestyle '06

Comments

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    but that you avoid Steve Harvey/Shaquille O'Neal four-five-six button territory at all costs.

so true, how I hate those little dudes with those 5 buttons, 25 % polyester fabrics suits shining in the sun.

I have mine made for me at Brooks Bros. and Hickey Freeman If you go with the two button you need to go a little flair in your trouser or else you look late 80's. Plain front trousers and a nice fat tie and you'll look 1974. Much more better.

My deal was to always dress very conservative, but from a different time period. it throws people off.

• Faux, I think this is the right thread to ask this:

Should I abandon the 3 buttons suits and go back to a more classic 2 buttons look?

Please tell me it's not too late.

I, myself, like a three button

This is a much more sophisticated look.

Just remember the three button rule, from top down: always, sometimes, never.

I'm tall, and a three button helps accentuate that. I have a two button as well, but prefer the look of the three. At least a three button won't date like the 4/5/6 discussed above.

And always, Flat Front Pants. NEVER Pleats. No Hammer pants, please.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    All this watch talk is kinda Boxcar Willie, though. Concern regarding time is the province of the poor. If, when asked the question "What time is it?" your answer is ever anything other than "It's my time," then your lifestyle requires a kind of rechanneling that is well beyond the reach of Swiss wrist trinketry.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

D that page is a redirect so I can't see which one you're fin to cop. However as an owner of the above watch let me tell you that you will not be displeased with the quality of Gucci.

Nice.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    All this watch talk is kinda Boxcar Willie, though. Concern regarding time is the province of the poor. If, when asked the question "What time is it?" your answer is ever anything other than "It's my time," then your lifestyle requires a kind of rechanneling that is well beyond the reach of Swiss wrist trinketry.

This is the type of peek into the world of the affluent and glamorous I was hoping for when I started this thread.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    anyone know where i can get my jnco's hemmed?

i seriously need to get my jeans hemmed. anyone can recommend a place in LA that wont make my shits look like mommypants?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

This is the type of peek into the world of the affluent and glamorous I was hoping for when I started this thread.

I have been SONNED again.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Also unbearable: the short tie crew. PLAESE, make sure your tie reaches your belt before you leave home.

i seriously need to get my jeans hemmed. anyone can recommend a place in LA that wont make my shits look like mommypants?

I think you're supposed to just cut them off and let the bottoms fray.

Really, that's the look.

Really, that's the look.

pssh. that takes away from the naturalism of walking on the backs of them until 4 inches of denim slough off.

no, im talking about another pair that i should really get hemmed.

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts

Windsor knot.

?

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

You guys don't read the Robb Report?

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Also unbearable: the short tie crew. PLAESE, make sure your tie reaches your belt before you leave home.

but if you wear a knit tie it should be a little shorter. And a long tie like a bib is just as bad. I used to have these great Ernst ties that were square bottom with lateral candy stripes. but then again I also had a lime green three button sharkskin suit to go with it. and I weighed about 40 lbs less. and I was young.

• Windsor knot.

?

As was pointed out though, gotta watch the length in this era of the Fat Knot. Too many dudes trying to rock the Sinatra style WIDE TIE, but don't realize their tie is now the length of a bib. Cause-and-Effect, Folls.

Me? All about the cufflinks...

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

That could be put towards anything tho.

"What record is that?"

etc

etc

etc...

Live life! Don't let life live you!

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Spring Summer Lines to Check Out.

Ermenegildo Zegna

Paul Smith

Alexander McQueen

Tsubi

Cloak

"What record is that?"

"It's my record, batch. Whatever record I possess, you must covet."

This comes up as a "Lifestyle" in google on the first page!

• All this watch talk is kinda Boxcar Willie, though. Concern regarding time is the province of the poor. If, when asked the question "What time is it?" your answer is ever anything other than "It's my time," then your lifestyle requires a kind of rechanneling that is well beyond the reach of Swiss wrist trinketry.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jeah!

on a side note james, too bad you missed my appearance at GAYLORDS a couple weeks back while sporting some raer formal attire. the rest of the dudes seemed to get a kick out of it.

Really, that's the look.

pssh. that takes away from the naturalism of walking on the backs of them until 4 inches of denim slough off.

no, im talking about another pair that i should really get hemmed.

sheesh. ferget it.

this weekend i saw a big ass line of my nihon peoples standing in a line on labrea soaked in rain, draped in bape. i knew it was either $100 tshirts or some new xbox shit. i dont get why this nihon "street fashion" is big here. i mean, no one's ever really on "the street".

"What record is that?"

"It's my record, batch. Whatever record I possess, you must covet."

Spaek the gospel!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I can't find a pic, but I did see a dude who was dresses rather "fashionably" the other day, but with a tie that ended half way down his shirt. Is that the new look or something? School me.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    and about those ugly nerdy black frame glasses: people, this is 2006, year 2001 was five years ago. Just let them go, ok?

and about those ugly nerdy black frame glasses: people, this is 2006, year 2001 was five years ago. Just let them go, ok?

I say let it slide for those cute nerdy gurls that wear them. I never seem to get tired of seeing women with them on.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

Windsor knot.

?

As was pointed out though, gotta watch the length in this era of the Fat Knot. Too many dudes trying to rock the Sinatra style WIDE TIE, but don't realize their tie is now the length of a bib. Cause-and-Effect, Folls.

i thought the wide knotted ties were strictly knit ties. is there a way to turn a regular silk tie into a wide knot? windsor knots are the standard style of tying a tie, right? so would a double windsor make a fat knot?

my dad schooled me on a reverse windsor with a double wrap-around and told me that it was designed by MIT and is the most efficient knot. WHAT YOU KNOW ABOUT THAT??

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

I say let it slide for those cute nerdy gurls that wear them. I never seem to get tired of seeing women with them on.

I must admit this is true. Sexy bitches wearing those with white shirts at work make me happy (with the right hair style).

• and about those ugly nerdy black frame glasses: people, this is 2006, year 2001 was five years ago. Just let them go, ok?

Librarian hot...where is that Lisa Loeb mpeg?

Windsor knot.

?

i thought the wide knotted ties were strictly knit ties. is there a way to turn a regular silk tie into a wide knot? windsor knots are the standard style of tying a tie, right? so would a double windsor make a fat knot?

my dad schooled me on a reverse windsor with a double wrap-around and told me that it was designed by MIT and is the most efficient knot. WHAT YOU KNOW ABOUT THAT??

Most efficient, meaning it requires the least amount of fabric and leaves the most hanging free? Or meaning that it requires the smallest number of motions to tie?

And is it advisable to be taking tips on "efficient" fashion from dudes in labcoats with pocket protectors?