Final Four (NBA Draft Related)

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
So who have you seen in the Tourney that's a sure thing NBA STAR.Joachim Noah or is he too soft and skinny?Big Baby or is he too fat and slow?Who have you seen so far that you would want on YOUR NBA team??

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Somehow I feel that hommie from Gonzaga that was crying will get drafted by the knicks. it's just how it's going down these days in NYC

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Somehow I feel that hommie from Gonzaga that was crying will get drafted by the knicks. it's just how it's going down these days in NYC

Then we'll see him crying on Draft Day too I suppose

• Somehow I feel that hommie from Gonzaga that was crying will get drafted by the knicks. it's just how it's going down these days in NYC

I was calling this last week and I'm sticking to it.

Hopefully UCLA kkeeps its squad intact for next year. Noah could leave but I'm hoping he doesn't (he's only a sophmore right?)

UCLA can mature and become a major powerhouse if the NBA doesn't fuck it up for them

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    whatever happened to the guys from the 95 Bruins team?

O'bannon bros? Bailey? Edney? Dollar?

I'm not much of a b-ball head so just wondering...

• whatever happened to the guys from the 95 Bruins team?

Ed O'Bannon went to the Nets and Flopped. I think Charles O'Bannon was a 2nd round draft pick that didn't pan out.

Tyus Edny played for the Kings for a season or two

Toby Bailey is relegated to being a cool Jersey that hangs in my closet

Dollar?

and Zidek was drafted too and I think he lasted about a season before he faded away

whatever happened to the guys from the 95 Bruins team?

Ed O'Bannon went to the Nets and Flopped. I think Charles O'Bannon was a 2nd round draft pick that didn't pan out.

Tyus Edny played for the Kings for a season or two

Toby Bailey is relegated to being a cool Jersey that hangs in my closet

Dollar?

and Zidek was drafted too and I think he lasted about a season before he faded away

O'Bannons played in Italy and Spain

Edney played in Italy

Dollar is an Assistant Coach at Washington

No idea what happened to Toby B.......nice mid-range shot but no all around game.

• Big Baby or is he too fat and slow?

Yup. No ball handling either...did you see all the different ways he missed the other day? Stripped with the ball down low, pushed around by people half his size, but twice as fast. He has Gary Trent (the Shaq of the MAC) written all over him.

Noah has looked great- as the Sports Guy on espn.com (who is bad these days, but his NBA analysis is great) "he'd play 20 minutes a game right now for the Celtics."

Allen Ray was a no show in the last two games for Villanova, so he probably hurt his stock. Not so for Randy Foye, he looked like a stud who could take over a game. He was great in that BC game.

Then again, NBA scouts keep lowering the bar. So, I'd expect the knicks to draft Big Baby on the strength of his heroic 14 points in a blowout loss to UCLA, and to sign him through 2014.

• Tyrus Thomas needs a little more marinating, but he's been impressive. Brandon Roy and Randy Foye looked legit. I feel like Noah is having a Carlos Beltran-type post-season. I think he could be good, but he's playing out of his mind right now and I don't think he's NBA-ready.

• Brandon Roy looked legit.

My friend whose basketball iq is the highest said he would make Roy the number 1 pick in the draft. In his opinion, no one is more ready to contribute to an NBA team right away.

Brandon Roy looked legit.

My friend whose basketball iq is the highest said he would make Roy the number 1 pick in the draft. In his opinion, no one is more ready to contribute to an NBA team right away.

I totally agree....best all around game I've seen in college this year.

I think Horford will eventually be a better player than Noah.

I liked Shelden Williams at Duke

And Roy Hibbert at Georgetown

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    Brandon Roy looked legit.

I totally agree....best all around game I've seen in college this year.

I think Horford will eventually be a better player than Noah.

I liked Shelden Williams at Duke

And Roy Hibbert at Georgetown

Brandon Roy may turn out to be a slightly less skilled version of Dwayne Wade; he's big for a guard, has great handles and instinct for the ball; he's the reason that the Huskies were as competitive as they were this year... He'd be the 1st selection from my vantage point as well...

Williams is 6 foot 8 - I can vouch firsthand that Mourning is the same height, but not sure if Williams possesses the talent of Mourning in his prime to make a similar impact; if not, he'll be a tweener and may fill a role like a more svelte Corliss Williamson...

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
    roy hibbert has brendan haywood written all over him.

i think noah is great but he has to polish his game up a little bit. i've been watching him the whole year and he is definatly no carlos beltran post season fluke. he has been playing this way all season. think he had 37 this season(can't remember against who though). aren't too many 7 footers in the last 30 years who have gone for 37. in fact i would be willing to say since lew alcinder. i'm guessing he will be going pro after tonight though the way he's playing against ucla. he is completely shutting them down in the middle.

thank god ucla has no guys going pro. mbah moute is good but two words: jerome moiso. afflalo is good but two words: trevor ariza.

yeah i know ucla players don't pan out in the pros anymore.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I think Big Baby Davis will get drafted but I'm not sure how he'll do. His problem is that he plays below the basket. He's got great hands,a number of post moves, a face up jumper, so maybe he'll cut it. The Warriors have Ike Diogu from AZ State right now he's undersized 6'8 or 6'7" and is still able to post up and score.

Davis' teammate Thomas however looks much more impressive. Great defender, shot blocker and rebounder. Don't know if he has a post game however. He did show a nice face up jumper from the bassline off the dribble even which I thought was impressive.

Noah will be great in the NBA.

I wasn't impressed with the UConn guys and people have said their starting five could all be drafted. Their point guard was the best, but not that great. The rest of the guys were not very disciplined, and that whole team seemed to be a turnover waiting to happen many nights.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I'm going top three baby and I got mad game.

Noah doesn't have a pro offensive game and would do well to wait another year. His shot is U-G-L-Y. Tyrus THomas is long gone, trust me. The guards at NOVA are legit.

• 16_beat16_beat 56 Posts

did you ever see him play outside of the ucla game ?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

did you ever see him play outside of the ucla game ?

Yes dude, but don your ass protector plaese - it was just a joke.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    To follow up on FL's Noah. Commentators are saying that he's not physically ready to go to the pros and that he should think about staying another year. I assume they're referring to his skinny frame. After winning the national title and playing his fucking ass off though, I don't see him staying.

Like I said before, I think he'll do fine in the NBA. Anyone see Camby when he played at UMass and first got drafted by Toronto? Noah reminds me of him. Camby had great speed, was a shot blocker and had handles. In fact, his ball handling was good enough that I thought he could play SF. Of course, playing for the expansion Raptors he didn't have that luxury and got thrown in at center. Injuries took its tole on him. He's still playing very well the last two years for Denver, but you don't see his all around game that he use to have. Noah I think has that same combination of skills.

To follow up on FL's Noah. Commentators are saying that he's not physically ready to go to the pros and that he should think about staying another year. I assume they're referring to his skinny frame. After winning the national title and playing his fucking ass off though, I don't see him staying.

Like I said before, I think he'll do fine in the NBA. Anyone see Camby when he played at UMass and first got drafted by Toronto? Noah reminds me of him. Camby had great speed, was a shot blocker and had handles. In fact, his ball handling was good enough that I thought he could play SF. Of course, playing for the expansion Raptors he didn't have that luxury and got thrown in at center. Injuries took its tole on him. He's still playing very well the last two years for Denver, but you don't see his all around game that he use to have. Noah I think has that same combination of skills.

I see him as Pau Gasol without the outside shot.

Which isn't too bad