FUNKYOU! ON EBAY

NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
This dude makes every ebay dealer in the world look like one big-ass lil'dude.Starts everything off @ $9.99 with no reserve. That's a real dude right there.

Comments

• dayday 9,612 Posts

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Starts everything off @ $6.00[/b] with no reserve.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Yo, that picture is bugging me out. I might have to take it down.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Yo, that picture is bugging me out. I might have to take it down.

Seriously! Usually I save weird pictures like that, but I couldn't bring myself to do it this time. I felt that it would somehow give my hard drive a really bad look.

• that is the hugest mouth I've ever seen

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Reynaldo needs to really prove himself here.

http://search-desc.ebay.com/search/searc...sass=funkyou%21

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    Funkyou is a very good dude, and he finds amazing stuff. I have a feeling its because he pays well for collections, and isn't a drooling freak about records.

some of those prices are out of control though.

Roy Ayers Lots Of Love, Steve Davis Music, Victim Of The Joke $100+??

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    I guess that's when you've really 'made it' as a ebay baller: you can get 20 bucks for Fleetwood Mac Rumours, Al Green Let's Stay Together & any & every jehri lp.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I'm curious to know how much money he makes per year?

What's the deal with those TSG records?

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    i've gotten a couple misgraded joints from him, which i chalk up the sheer volume of shit he's listing, but still...

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    I seriously want to know what records he actually keeps.

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts
    i've gotten a couple misgraded joints from him, which i chalk up the sheer volume of shit he's listing, but still...

I had the same problem. The records were so dusty that they couldn't be properly graded anyway. Also, he forgot to send records that I won. He was cool about getting me the records that he forgot to ship, though. The lesson that I've learnt from ebay is that I'd rather deal with a reputable shop for records over a certain price point. There was a seller that had a copy of J-Rock up. I'd throw 150 + at that, but for a mint copy, not something advertised as mint.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

I had the same problem. The records were so dusty that they couldn't be properly graded anyway. Also, he forgot to send records that I won. He was cool about getting me the records that he forgot to ship, though. The lesson that I've learnt from ebay is that I'd rather deal with a reputable shop for records over a certain price point. There was a seller that had a copy of J-Rock up. I'd throw 150 + at that, but for a mint copy, not something advertised as mint.

Seriously/// I have seen auctions by him where the record cover has heavy ringwear and it's graded VG++

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts

Seriously/// I have seen auctions by him where the record cover has heavy ringwear and it's graded VG++

dude seems to assume everything that still has shrink on the cover is NM, nevermind the water stains and mold underneath!

anyway, yeah I'm getting close to throwing in the towel on buying off ebay altogether, it seems like the last 5 LPs I've copped have all been graded under a 2 Watt lightbulb.

Jeez, yall really must like airing out the business in public...

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts

I was wondering the same thing.

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts

Decent stuff, but more "rare soul" items than anything.
    TSG was in the same bag as Tiger Lily, Guinness, Dellwood, etc.
    Most of the releases are probably demos submitted to a major label, shelved/ignored, and later released as part of a tax scam.
    The Topics LP, and the excellent Ricardo Marrero release, are probably the hardest on the label.

Decent stuff, but more "rare soul" items than anything.
    TSG was in the same bag as Tiger Lily, Guinness, Dellwood, etc.
    Most of the releases are probably demos submitted to a major label, shelved/ignored, and later released as part of a tax scam.
    The Topics LP, and the excellent Ricardo Marrero release, are probably the hardest on the label.

Thanks for the info!

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    wow. ive had the ultimates, spice, and corner boys on a tape that this dude in ny made me for almost 10yrs. i have the spice record but would of liked to get those others... too much $ for me though.

great sounds on that label. ive never heard of the dunbar though. anyone know how that sounds?

d- whats up the marrero? i didnt know he released on that label too.

• that dunbar record is an unknown record from what i understand.

ap

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts

Marrero is hyper-rare.
    I saw one in Jazzman Gerald's collection (which I think he got from Josh D.)
    Don't know too much more about it, but it sounded pretty good.

Drew--Your avatar reminds me of a scene in the Orson Welles movie F For Fake.

• MrSeanMrSean 57 Posts
    George Bonilla of Lazurus Audio had sealed Marrero on TSG back in the mid 90s, I think around $800. Havent seen it again since then. Marrero himself reportedly said that this record was never an authorized release. The Eric Dunbar on TSG must be a New Orleans piece, Traci Borges' Knight studio. Eric is still around and is just getting back on his feet again after Katrina, I dont think he can recollect anything about the circumstanses surronding the 'Freeway' LP and how it saw light of day. But I'll ask again and report back.