IF u had 1000 dollars what record[s] would you buy

hanns_of_hollandhanns_of_holland 23 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
I kept aking myself this after stark reality auctioni think i would like more nola 45s and "private"small press funk 45s

Comments

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    fuck the records, i'm going to the best strip club and get wild !

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    fuck the best strip club, i'll go for haute cuisine anytime

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    what the fuck you mean if?

you better recognize, player

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts

post your current bank statement or you're soft.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Daze gets that butt money, dawg.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

post your current bank statement or you're soft.

last time I checked it was like a bajillion dollars or some shit

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Now, before y'all big dudes jump down my throat -
    I wouldn't expect to get a sealed copy for my kilo,
    but maybe someone would come through with a nice VG++ or
    a NM disc with a rough cover?
    I saw one on the TSL wall for $850 once - went and sold
    my girlfriend's car, and when I came back with the $$$, it was gone!

Apparently P****** offered them $1200 to sell it out of my hold pile!

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    james brown "lover, power, peace" live in paris w/ bootsy 1971...

This item consists of ultra rare, plain yellow label TEST PRESSINGS of the NEVER released "JAMES BROWN LIVE IN PARIS - LOVE, POWER, PEACE" - King LP 1137. A 3 record set, this was scheduled to be JB's final album for King Records in 1971 but was cancelled when his new contract with Polydor went through! (A single CD was compiled from these recordings and released by Polydor in 1992). Before bidding please understand that not only was this album never released, but these are??test pressings - the only form on which it ever existed! The labels have Side numbers and the catalogue number written in ink. Disc 2 also has the album title and artist credit (see photos). Recorded 3/71 with sidekick BOBBY BYRD and the original J.B.'s including BOOTSY and CATFISH COLLINS, FRED WESLEY and JABO STARKS!! This is the entire show, including vocal appearances by Byrd and VICKI ANDERSON. Titles: "Brother Rap", "Ain't It Funky Now", "Georgia", "Sunny", "Signed, Sealed & Delivered, I'm Yours", "I Need Help", "Don't Play That Song", "Yesterday", "It's A New Day", "Bewildered", "There Was A Time", "Sex Machine", "Try Me", "I Got The Feelin' Medley", a blistering "Give It Up Or Turnit A Loose", "It's A Man's World", "Please, Please, Please", "Super Bad", "Get Involved" , "Soul Power", and an otherwise unissued studio version of "Who Am I".?? As if that's not enough, also included in this item are Xerox copies of the original King Records memos indicating "test approved by H.G. Neely, 5/20/71" AND Xeroxes of the typed credits on the letterhead of MAN'S WORLD ENTERPRISES,"A Division of James Brown Productions".

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

Now, before y'all big dudes jump down my throat -

this is a joke right?

• Now, before y'all big dudes jump down my throat -

this is a joke right?

ummm....sure it is...
    it's only worth like half of that, do you got a copy to sell?

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    1,000 dope dollar records.

...do you got a copy to sell?

i have a copy, but not for sale, but:
    http://popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=4029440021

but now that i check, the label isnt black like the one above. oh well.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    that record is massively rare. Black label like Johnny Walker. Sell me your copy or you're soft. Got ill trades dude.

• Plus, you can't just pull up an auction from 2004. Collectros really only found out about it in 2005 on some .

Shit is massively rare now though since DJ ******** sampled it.

like i said its a different label than the pic soulonice threw up.

like i said its a different label than the pic soulonice threw up.

I mean it's still prolly worth a fair amount. You should throw it up in the sale/trade forum. I'm sure you'll get some mean offers. I peronally am only interested in the black label however.

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts

Darn, why do I always sleep on these things!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Using "GILLES PETERSON" in your auction title is self-sabotage.

I think the whole VG/EX thing probably did him in. Which is it then? A solid Ex copy should get at least 3 bills.

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    whats the diffrence between the black label one and the electra records pressing(which i have on my new trade list) with the green label, besides the rarity? is it a 2nd pressing?

• I believe esnipe was fucked-up on the 28th. Friends told me that snipes did no go through on that day.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    What I like about this thread is that some people still haven't caught on yet.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    1,000 dope dollar records.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    whats the diffrence between the black label one and the electra records pressing(which i have on my new trade list) with the green label, besides the rarity? is it a 2nd pressing?

Marc Moulin plays keys on the black label pressing. It was recalled almost immediately after it saw daylight, as it was in violation of Marc's contract with CBS. Needless to say, the ridiculous version of Humpty Dumpty that can be found on the black label pressing does not appear on later issues. I think someone posted the black label version in the original RHKTD forum, but I could be wrong. Great record.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

Marc Moulin plays keys on the black label pressing. It was recalled almost immediately after it saw daylight, as it was in violation of Marc's contract with CBS. Needless to say, the ridiculous version of Humpty Dumpty that can be found on the black label pressing does not appear on later issues. I think someone posted the black label version in the original RHKTD forum, but I could be wrong. Great record.

I had a lead on this a while back but the deal fell through when I couldn't obtain the required 400 copies of Quasar at short notice. Went to a Japanese collectro I think.

• haze25haze25 759 Posts

I had a lead on this a while back but the deal fell through when I couldn't obtain the required 400 copies of Quasar at short notice. Went to a Japanese collectro I think.

damn dude that black label joint sounds

and on some status

but seriously thanks to *d*m for letting me in the loop, i'm so ashamed.