song id please

bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
Hi - So this song was playing in the theatre last night before they showed the original 'Invasion of the Body Snatchers' (which was amazing, by the way) and it totally sounded like the Beatles, but more soulful and garagey and possibly modern-day trying to sound throw-back, you know?It had a lot of "little girl" in it and about how she was with some other guy and all that.Sorry to be so vague, I was kinda talking at the same time and then I realized what a good song was playing in the background.Can you help?Thank You.

Comments

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    i cant help but i can corroborate that the og body snatchers is the one you want to see.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    It sounds like "Little Girl, Little Girl, Little Girl" by Johnny and the Merry Mersey Beat Men on Beatsound Iternational.

Sorry - I have no idea....

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    thanks a lot J*ff - is this a new label? like a comp or that's how it was first released?

i'm not finding anything on the song, group or label - only did a quick search though...

• Hi - So this song was playing in the theatre last night before they showed the original 'Invasion of the Body Snatchers' (which was amazing, by the way) and it totally sounded like the Beatles, but more soulful and garagey and possibly modern-day trying to sound throw-back, you know?

It had a lot of "little girl" in it and about how she was with some other guy and all that.

Sorry to be so vague, I was kinda talking at the same time and then I realized what a good song was playing in the background.

Can you help?

Thank You.

Maybe 'Hey Little Girl' by the Syndicate of Sound? Did it have a repeated jangly guitar line all through the song?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    thanks a lot J*ff - is this a new label? like a comp or that's how it was first released?

i'm not finding anything on the song, group or label - only did a quick search though...

haha! I'm sorry - I was just kidding. I made that up. F16 might be right, though. Could be Syndicate of Sound. But it really could be a lot of things.

Hi - So this song was playing in the theatre last night before they showed the original 'Invasion of the Body Snatchers' (which was amazing, by the way) and it totally sounded like the Beatles, but more soulful and garagey and possibly modern-day trying to sound throw-back, you know?

It had a lot of "little girl" in it and about how she was with some other guy and all that.

Sorry to be so vague, I was kinda talking at the same time and then I realized what a good song was playing in the background.

Can you help?

Thank You.

Maybe 'Hey Little Girl' by the Syndicate of Sound? Did it have a repeated jangly guitar line all through the song?

yes! jangly!

haha! I'm sorry - I was just kidding. I made that up. F16 might be right, though. Could be Syndicate of Sound. But it really could be a lot of things.

see how easy i am to fool?

thank you so much for the info - will start looking!

• thank you so much for the info - will start looking!

It should be an easy score. It was a big hit.

thank you so much for the info - will start looking!

It should be an easy score. It was a big hit.

oh that's good. i'll check my local tomorrow - i would really like to play it tomorrow night...

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    now that the question has been answered...lets change this thread into "favorite beatle soundalikes" I gotta go with the Knickerbockers "Lies"
    whats y'alls?

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    Hey MissBassie,

This is the song people are talking about:

Syndicate Of Sound - Hey Little Girl

You can check if it's the same you heard.

Peace

Hey MissBassie,

This is the song people are talking about:

Syndicate Of Sound - Hey Little Girl

You can check if it's the same you heard.

Peace

wow - you guys don't joke! Moog - that was really helpful, thank you,...cause unfortuantely, that's not the song!
    I know this song, just never knew who it was by.

the song i heard was jangly but less garage than this and little lighter, too.
    it sounded A LOT like the Beatles, right down to the Liverpudlian pronounciation of 'girl' - you know all dragged out...

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    shot in the dark... Knickerbockers "Lies"...no "little girl" but a lot of "girl"
    you can listen to it at allmusic.com

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg...:pr2m961owep7~T

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts

wow - you guys don't joke! Moog - that was really helpful, thank you,...cause unfortuantely, that's not the song!
    I know this song, just never knew who it was by.

the song i heard was jangly but less garage than this and little lighter, too.
    it sounded A LOT like the Beatles, right down to the Liverpudlian pronounciation of 'girl' - you know all dragged out...

MissB,

You're welcome.
    I'm sorry to hear that this is not the song you look for.
    Probably, someone here will help you find it.

Peace