TI "King"

rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
Now doesn't this joint warrant it's own post rather than playing second fiddle in the Fishscale thread? What are y'all's thoughts?

Comments

• emyndemynd 830 Posts

This album is excellent. There are a few weak tracks--"Stand Up Guy" and that Crystal Waters one--but I can't remember a stronger 1-2-3-4-5-6 leadoff than:

King Back
    Front Back
    What You Know
    I'm Talkin' To You
    Live In The Sky
    Ride Wit Me

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    happy to see that it takes a dood like Just to sell them some kaypeehem loops... The whole LP is cold beside this song...

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    happy to see that it takes a dood like Just to sell them some kaypeehem loops... The whole LP is cold beside this song...

Does 'cold' have a negative connotation to you?

I can't comment on the record yet... still haven't picked it up... but the hit sounds awfully Jeezyesque... which is fine but I wanna hear T.I. sound like T.I...

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    kaypeehem loops

haha, nice

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I can't comment on the record yet... still haven't picked it up... but the hit sounds awfully Jeezyesque... which is fine but I wanna hear T.I. sound like T.I...

The album is really good. Stop that and cop that.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

The album is really good. Stop that and cop that.

In otherwords, don't be a ponce.

Whats up with the bonus DVD?

Do I even need to ask... I've never even watched many of the ones I have...

Whats up with the bonus DVD?

Do I even need to ask... I've never even watched many of the ones I have...

Essential cultural artifact!

Nah, it's got about ten minutes of footage from a live show in Houston, an audio track for "Drive Slow" with an added verse from TIP, and a video for the "Front Back" remake... nothing you really need to have.

But seriously, letting a full three days elapse from the release date without copping this album is borderline ponce behavior.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    Hehe, i was in my own world when i used that word "cold", sorry...I meant cold as in "Triton-cold", or "Korg-Cold", or "NordLead-Cold"...Add up if you want.lol...I meant that the warmness of the trump in that King's Back track have no match in the rest of the LP. That's what i meant to be more accurate...

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    I like this dude- he's got "charisma". More rappers need this (not you Ghost!).

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

But seriously, letting a full three days elapse from the release date without copping this album is borderline ponce behavior.

Lotta poncery going round these days...

Y'all are making a dude feel like a right poncy git about now

It's an epidemic. Prophylactic measures are a must.

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts

Word, even Faux himself was guilty of "poncery" the other day...
    Back on topic, i heard The King Back and i like it a lot, but what's the other Just Blaze track saying? Does anyone care to upload it? (I'm expecting the answer to be no...)

Not in your life, son. You must have me confused with one of these little dudes.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i have not bought this yet

• But seriously, letting a full three days elapse from the release date without copping this album is borderline ponce behavior.

Not in your life, son. You must have me confused with one of these little dudes.

lyrical blunt?

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts

lyrical blunt?

YES.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Finally purchased today.

Better than Urban Legend, but I want to hear T.I. flip the story book open like he did in "Trap Muzik" and "Long Live Da Game." Same goes for those diary-like joints "Doin' My Job" and "Prayin' for Help."

Trap Muzik is still my favorite.

But if I can quote that REAL chopped and screwed bitch from "America's Next Top Model": "Don't get it twisted." New album has some floor-fillers, for sure. Shit -- "Get It" alone... hotter than a redhead on a crotch rocket.

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts

Unless one is waiting for the wax to drop. In the meantime, MP3 will suit me fine.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts

Unless one is waiting for the wax to drop. In the meantime, MP3 will suit me fine.

BAN

• debardebar 215 Posts
    Trap Muzik is still my favorite.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    king back......
    front back.....
    what u know........
    i'm talkin to you.... (only because its toooo goddamn long)
    live in the sky.....
    ride wit me.......
    why u wanna.......
    get it........
    top back.........
    im straight.......
    undertaker.......
    stand up guy......
    you know me......
    goodlife......
    hello.........
    told you so.....
    bankhead........

impossible for me to rank the T.I albums

• sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts
    this is my favorite rap album since "purple haze"... there are a few joints i'm not crazy about, but overall, this is a great album IMO... i haven't even been able to listen to "fishscale" all at once because i got these at the same time, and i really like ghostface

seriously, this is

the front back video is also blazin'... the bun b endorsement of a-town sneakers should do wonders for their sales

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Copped it last night.

The first half iz , then it drops off a little.

This is my first T.I. album.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    i can understand not running from adversity but why would anyone run to it?

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

sorry, but i like that shit. Im kind of a closet fan of the crystal waters song too. Although i guess that is kinda suspect haha. But put that shit on at a club, and watch what happens.

• Jazz_OneJazz_One 55 Posts
    When I shawty back...

I couldn't resist.

live in the sky.....

I preferred the earlier version without Jamie Foxx, but damn, you actually hated it?