Lupe Fiasco. Opinions?

2»

Comments

• dude is all up on the streetwear HYPEBEASTIN scene, always talking about sb x supreme x goodenough x _____ x ______ x _______ x _______. yawn....

well you get the picture.

actually... I have absolutely no idea what this means!!!

Meaningful only to readers of Complex magazine... basically people that pay large sums of money for plastic figurines designed by graffiti has-beens or who camp out in front of Alife Rivington Club waiting for it to open.

why the hate on Tom Delay?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Kick Push video. Chicago dudes will recognize many of the spotz here.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7Ueb9RTGJJ0

Based on image, this cat should do well. I cant remember anyone who embodied/debuted Skateboarding as their central image before(on a POP level). Pharell predates him but, it took him a minute to call himself Skate-Bored P.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    I feel like skateboarders aren't going to support dude just because he panders to skateboarding. Maybe little kids... but dude can't skate.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I feel like skateboarders aren't going to support dude just because he panders to skateboarding. Maybe little kids... but dude can't skate.

I've seen a couple of photos and his deck invariably looks newly purchased.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

The words of an expert on aged decks?

The words of an expert on aged decks?

There are many things that I have some knowledge of, but still have no desire to hear anybody rapping about.

• I feel like skateboarders aren't going to support dude just because he panders to skateboarding. Maybe little kids... but dude can't skate.

Are you implying that he is not (wait for it) on his grind?

He appears to be--to quote our mutual friend--a poseur.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Murs' "Transitions Az A Ridah" >>> "Kick Push"

Like, waaaaaay more greaterer.

Herm

• i just watched this today.
    i liked it.

good luck to him

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7Ueb9RTGJJ0

• I feel like skateboarders aren't going to support dude just because he panders to skateboarding. Maybe little kids... but dude can't skate.

He appears to be--to quote our mutual friend--a poseur.

poseur is a good word to describe him. atleast that is how he comes across to me. he is like one of those dudes who is into "cool" and "hip" stuff like: nike dunks, anime, skateboarding, hiphop (backpacker, olschool & middleschool), islam, videogames, graffitti, toys and figurines, internet, hypebeast + freshnessmag complex fashions. like a hiphop hipster.

But he can rhymme. I think he could blow up cause he seems like a regular type of dude that would appeal to the lincoln park crowd.

I dunno I am 50/50 on him. I thought he was going to be the next big thing but maybe only with the fader crowd. I am going to get Food and Liquor when it comes out should be solid. His sittin sideways remix with Jay is dope and the joint where he rhymes over the still tippin beat is dope too.

poseur is a good word to describe him. atleast that is how he comes across to me. he is like one of those dudes who is into "cool" and "hip" stuff like: nike dunks, anime, skateboarding, hiphop (backpacker, olschool & middleschool), islam, videogames, graffitti, toys and figurines, internet, hypebeast + freshnessmag complex fashions. like a hiphop hipster.

I like this list of "cool and hip stuff" that somehow includes:

Islam
    the Internet
    toys and figurines

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    figurines

READ UP ON YOUR READ UPS!

figurines

READ UP ON YOUR READ UPS!

'06 will be that year in which I step my Islam, my Internet and my monkey figurine game up.

Get familiar!

• dude is all up on the streetwear HYPEBEASTIN scene, always talking about sb x supreme x goodenough x _____ x ______ x _______ x _______. yawn....

Meaningful only to readers of Complex magazine... basically people that pay large sums of money for plastic figurines designed by graffiti has-beens or who camp out in front of Alife Rivington Club waiting for it to open.

...or to people posting in this thread and expressing anything other than disgust.

lemme see here...

i've never read complex magazine. never been to alife. i'm guilty of going to supreme once (a couple years back). i don't read fader...um, shit i could go on but you get the idea.

so, i cutomized some kicks for $90 on nikeid.com. i like them. why the hate?

i suppose i could try and answer that on my own seeing as you're a self-proclaimed "hatter" but still. i ordered a pair of black air max 90s with infrared accents...and what? i used to love these shoes when they came out in 1990 and no one else i've seen around here has them. since i've worn these shoes, i have received compliments on them from multiple females, i now have a 47" vertical, my dick has grown by 2 feet, and i shit gold nuggets. yes, pure gold son, and it doesn't hurt one bit.

this is all actually pretty simple. sometimes unique material goods please me, but i understand that these kicks are not what make me "cool" in the eyes of my peers. please, ask them. plus, you will be hard pressed to find anything else in my wardrobe containing anything "infrared."

my question is how deep does your preconceived world of some people go? does it stop at shoes, magazines, toys, music? sometimes, you need to take a step back and .

dude is all up on the streetwear HYPEBEASTIN scene, always talking about sb x supreme x goodenough x _____ x ______ x _______ x _______. yawn....

...or to people posting in this thread and expressing anything other than disgust.

lemme see here...

i've never read complex magazine. never been to alife. i'm guilty of going to supreme once (a couple years back). i don't read fader...um, shit i could go on but you get the idea.

i suppose i could try and answer that on my own seeing as you're a self-proclaimed "hatter" but still. i ordered a pair of black air max 90s with infrared accents...and what? i used to love these shoes when they came out in 1990 and no one else i've seen around here has them. since i've worn these shoes, i have received compliments on them from multiple females, i now have a 47" vertical, my dick has grown by 2 feet, and i shit gold nuggets. yes, pure gold son, and it doesn't hurt one bit.

this is all actually pretty simple. sometimes unique material goods please me, but i understand that these kicks are not what make me "cool" in the eyes of my peers. please, ask them. plus, you will be hard pressed to find anything else in my wardrobe containing anything "infrared."

my question is how deep does your preconceived world of some people go? does it stop at shoes, magazines, toys, music? sometimes, you need to take a step back and .

You sound ass-hurt.

• i bet you feel good saying that.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Lupe Fiasco Speaks On 'Food & Liquor' Being Leaked To Internet
    By Houston Williams
    Date: 4/17/2006 10:45 am

The buzz for rapper Lupe Fiasco reached a fever pitch after the rapper???s highly anticipated album, Food & Liquor, was leaked to the internet months before its summer release.

The Chicago rapper released a personal statement over the weekend that addressed the leak, which may permanently shelve the album.

???Hey s**t happens. An unmixed version of Food & Liquor got leaked yesterday so I assume its on [file-sharing services like] Limewire and Bittorrent and all that s**t,??? the rapper stated. ???Its stuff like this that makes you wanna just be like f**k it. A lotta time and money and bulls**t went into creating that album. Over the years I've had my people die, get locked up, my company get shut down, weak a** ???intelligent Black men??? in my own crew turn against me and just when things are starting to look good [this happens].???

The 23-year-old prodigy said he was in a Philadelphia studio waiting for singer Jill Scott to record for his album when he learned of the leak. The rapper suggested that the premature release of the album may have inadvertently denied fans the full experience of Food & Liquor.

???If u can find it, it is my gift to you. Enjoy! Take it as [a mixtape like] 'Fahrenheit 1/15 Part 6: Lupe Fiasco's Food & Liquor' minus Jay-Z, Pharrell [of The Neptunes], Jill Scott, Three-6 Mafia and others,??? Fiasco said.

The Atlantic Records rapper said he doubted the album would come out, but admitted Food & Liquor might simply be repackaged for commercial release.

???Everything happens for a reason and God wills what He wills when He wills so I gotta take this one and keep it moving. I'm goin??? to take some time out and refocus on some other things for a minute-maybe my sneaker and toy stuff,??? he explained. ???God-willing get back in the studio and get back to work. I hope it doesn???t hit the streets as a bootleg, but I got this real deep feeling that it will, so I'm writing off Food & Liquor as you know it or may have heard it and starting over.???

In previous interviews with AllHipHop.com, Fiasco said that he has been working on Food & Liquor for about five years.

Atlantic Records wasn???t available for a formal comment at press time.

Looks like folls will have to slow their roll and pick up a dunny so dude can eat.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    "23 year old prodigy"?????????

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    "23 year old prodigy"?????????

"Black prodigy since the age of twen-tee!"

• Based on image, this cat should do well. I cant remember anyone who embodied/debuted Skateboarding as their central image before(on a POP level).

I guess Skatemaster Tate didn't move that many units.... Then again, the Surf MCs flopped, too.

Based on image, this cat should do well. I cant remember anyone who embodied/debuted Skateboarding as their central image before(on a POP level).

I guess Skatemaster Tate didn't move that many units.... Then again, the Surf MCs flopped, too.

And after all that play the Surf MCs got on Yo! MTV Raps (seriously).

Did Skatemaster Tate hook up Muggs with a bunch of the samples used on the first Cypress Hill album? That's the rumor I've heard....

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    Based on image, this cat should do well. I cant remember anyone who embodied/debuted Skateboarding as their central image before(on a POP level).

And after all that play the Surf MCs got on Yo! MTV Raps (seriously).

Did Skatemaster Tate hook up Muggs with a bunch of the samples used on the first Cypress Hill album? That's the rumor I've heard....
    i saw a pic of tate's house from a book and he had serious wax, so this could be true.

• Did Skatemaster Tate hook up Muggs with a bunch of the samples used on the first Cypress Hill album? That's the rumor I've heard....

I believe that's true. I think he was also their weed dealer. If that's true, I'm guessing he was able to retire off that.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    dude is all up on the streetwear HYPEBEASTIN scene, always talking about sb x supreme x goodenough x _____ x ______ x _______ x _______. yawn....

lemme see here...

You sound ass-hurt.

faux, your not into the ultra exclusive "streetwear" scene? I know you've been up in busyworks before. STop fronting. hahaha

I believe that's true. I think he was also their weed dealer. If that's true, I'm guessing he was able to retire off that.

Ha! The Concrete Crew, however, were left to fend for themselves.

• For his day, Tate was really up on his shit. It helped that he was tight with Motorcycle John-- I remember bugging the fuck out when I went to the troll's spot out in Modesto in '93 and saw Skatemaster Tate stickers on a dumpster outside.

It was years before I learned the whole "Professor & the Efficiency Experts" story-- supposedly, MJ gave Tate the Stanson plates in exchange for helping him move his stock out from L.A.