What's poppin this weekend? (plans related)

On_the_Red_ClayOn_the_Red_Clay 1,728 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
Gonna see Tony Allen in concert tonight, should be good! Some friends of mine are playing before and after, and the night is gonna be closed by Roskow from Jazzanova dj-ing (i hope he doesnt bring all nujazz noodle, but breaks out the raers as well)Tomorrow is all about burning cd's / folding bookltes / writing envelopes for my new mix cdSunday = packingMonday = one more day of workTuesday = get on a plane and spend two weeks in Mexico with the GF, batches! ...so what are you up to?

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    My gurl leaves for Brazil this morning...

I will be actin' a fool!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

tonight - meeting a friend to put together flyer/poster for Coxsone Dodd tribute

tomorrow - looking at potential space for record sale, hanging with my bro, buying records, general messing about

tomorrow night - playing records, drinkingsmokingdancing

day after tomorrow - who knows about the day, but there will be the regular sunday spaghetti dinner

• Leaving for Belgium tomorrow 0545 so no night out for me today.... Will be in and around Bruxelles working over the weekend. Hopefully I will have the day off monday to hang out and dig before I head back.

Dress

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Packing a couple thousand records up and moving...

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    studying.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    78 degree weather, beer, records, and probably some bbq.

• Gonna see Tony Allen in concert tonight, should be good! Some friends of mine are playing before and after, and the night is gonna be closed by Roskow from Jazzanova dj-ing (i hope he doesnt bring all nujazz noodle, but breaks out the raers as well)

Tomorrow is all about burning cd's / folding bookltes / writing envelopes for my new mix cd

Sunday = packing

Monday = one more day of work

Tuesday = get on a plane and spend two weeks in Mexico with the GF, batches!

...so what are you up to?

Sounds like a good friday!
    Im gonna' work a little tonight, im doing an Animation shot movie for my bachlor project. Gonna' drink som beers with some friends and chill later on.
    I have a dj job tomorrow.
    Sunday im going to watch Viborg vs. Br??ndby at Viborg stadium. (live soccer)

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    I'm colonizing Catan tonite + afterwards we head pubwards + there's a party

PS dreskie PM if you need Belgian recordstore addresses

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
    I'm colonizing Catan tonite + afterwards we head pubwards + there's a party

PS dreskie PM if you need Belgian recordstore addresses

I GOT LONGEST ROAD!

• the usual friday & saturday night gig-age, but the only notable exception

KARA-FUCKING-OAKE

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    By now you should know that the Carrboro Record Show is hands down the most fun record swap in the area. Not only is admission FREE, but Marco will be manning his usual table with AT LEAST twelve boxes of LPs & 12"s (plus at least 4 boxes of 45s) to sell! Soul, Funk, Jazz, Soundtracks, Latin, Lounge, Disco, Hiphop, Rock - you're sure to find something great! Come on out and say hi.

---------------------------------------
    CARRBORO RECORD SHOW
    ---------------------------------------

The Town of Carrboro is proud to announce the fourth annual Carrboro CD and Record Show, to be held in The Century Center on Sunday, April 2nd from noon until 6 p.m. Admission to the event is free. The show will again feature forty tables of new and used CDs, vinyl records and music-related memorabilia.

The Century Center is located at the intersection of Greensboro Street with Weaver and Main Streets. For more information please contact Gerry Williams at [email]musical_roots@bellsouth.net[/email] or 919-260-0661.

MORE INFO:
    http://www.carrboro.com/cd&recordshow/

FLYER:
    http://www.ci.carrboro.nc.us/Townwide/PDFs/RecordShow06.pdf

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Um, it's 1.15pm Saturday here. I already did the laundry & walked down to the beach for coffee with my flatmate. Am making a tape of some songs for the new singer in my band to learn (hence the mp3 post), haven't got much else planned this afternoon, might go for a skate. Tonight I am off to see a local basketball match with the Heat playing the Stars. Tomorrow am going to go digging in the am, then have band practice in the pm. No plans for sunday night.

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts
    Gonna see Tony Allen in concert tonight, should be good! Some friends of mine are playing before and after, and the night is gonna be closed by Roskow from Jazzanova dj-ing (i hope he doesnt bring all nujazz noodle, but breaks out the raers as well)

Tony Allen is fucking amazing live, enjoy! I'm singing KA-RA-O-KE on Saturday with a bunch of strutters.