POST #1000 = LAY SOME TREATS ON 'EM!!

m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
One kilo and counting. To commemorate the SS braintrust and keeping in the traditions of the board, here are few returns for everything that I have recieved in the year or so I have been posting here.1. "Say Cheese Pt. 1.mp3" (67 MB .mp3) --> "Say Cheese Pt. 2.mp3" (70 MB .mp3)[/b]A 1K mix by yours truly in 2 parts. 2 * 50 minutes of funky Euro cheese. From EZ organ grinders to sleazoid disco workouts, garnished with a healthy sprinkle of soggy drum braeks.http://www.phobospeepl.dk/images/cheese.jpg" alt="" />SAY CHEESE PT 11. Ray Martin ??? ???Egyptian Epic???2. Thomas Natschinski Gruppe ??? ???Luftschiff 2000???3. Sassafras ??? ???Box Car Hobo???4. Quiller ??? ???Quiller???5. Stefano Torossi ??? ???Prima Dell???Alba???6. Rock Beat Soul ??? ???Soul-Machine???7. Veit Marvos ??? ???Right On???8. Peter Belli ??? ???Bl??kspruttesangen???9. Bergendy Eqy??ttes ??? ???Tramp???10. 100 Ton Chicken ??? ???Evelyn???11. Marcello Giombini ??? ???Ditemi Dov???e??? Gesu??????12. CCS ??? ???Brother???13. Michel Legrand ??? ???Maracaibo???14. Georg Riedel & Bengt Malberg ??? ???St??d H??nderna Mot Golvet???15. Beat The Jazz - ???Carousel???Vision Pt. 2???16. Rogier Van Otterloo ??? ???Moord Met Geduld???17. Disco Orchestral ??? ???Do It Again???18. The London Theatre Ensemble & Chorus ??? ???Soulhouse???19. Karl-Heinz K??stel Und Seine Guitarren ??? ???Dizzy???20. Black Gorilla - ???Funky Jungle???21. Fausto Papetti ??? ???Slippin??? Into Darkness???22. Ritchie Gold/IanCruickshank ??? ???Sitting Roll Downs??? SAY CHEESE PT 21. Praszky Big Band ??? ???Heleme Se???2. Jazz Q ??? ???Lost Soul???3. Liza ??? ???Crazy ???Bout The Boogie Sound???4. Manfred Mann???s Earth Band ??? ???Pluto The Dog???5. Eddie Jobson ??? ???Trapped (reprise)???6. Filmmusik Und Ger??usche F??r Die Heimfilmvertonung ??? ???Elektronisch???7. Igor Savin ??? ???U Mukuma Rodena???8. Horst Jankowski & Quartet ??? ???Heartbeat???9. Hal Vincent At The Baldwin Organ ??? ???Finger Sauce???10. The Polish Radio Orchestra - ???Sunny Rimini???11. The Les Humpries Singers ??? ???Intro???12. Mads Vinding ??? ???Funky But??????13. Serge Gainsbourg ??? ???Diapositivisme???14. Snowball ??? ???New York City???15. The RIAS Orchestra ??? ???Ele Toldoth???16. Splask ??? ???Der For Lidt Der Fedt???17. Ruphus ??? ???No Deal???18. Russ Shepard ??? ???Floor Exercises ??? Bounces???19. Bob Mount ??? ???Ginger Cat???20. Alan Moorehouse & The Bond Street Brigade ??? ???Funky Fever???21. Sounds Nice ??? ???Continental Exchange???22. Hydravion ??? ???Etude En Do???23. Magical Ring ??? ???Touch As Much???24. C & K Vocal - ???Chorovod"2. "BL??KSPRUTTESANGEN" (44 MB .mov)[/b]"The Octopus Song", taken from the legendary children's film "Benny's Badekar" from 1971 and undoubtedly the funkiest moment in the history of Danish animation.Pop/rock singer Peter Belli lends his voice to the character of the laidback octopus, backed by local jazz greats Allan Botchinsky, Niels-Henning ??rsted-Pedersen, Bjarne Rostvold and Ole Kock Hansen.http://www.phobospeepl.dk/images/blaeksprutte.jpg" alt="" />3. "H??R MIX" (18 MB .mp3)[/b]A 13 minute version excursion into the world of the rock-musical "Hair" by DJ Scratchmagic. Made especially for a radio show I used to host back in 2002.http://www.phobospeepl.dk/images/hair.jpg" alt="" />Enjoy!

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Super dope. Thanks holmes aka hommy.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Super dope. Thanks holmes aka hommy.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Once again.

Super dope. Thanks

• generiquegenerique 625 Posts
    Hey, congrats! 1000 quality posts. Thanks for dope stuff.

(wish the animation would play on my PC , looks neat)

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    wish the animation would play on my PC

Is it a problem with a .mov file for the PC folks? What would be preferred? I can change the format if it's a problem.

I want you to see it M***n, since you are an animation dude yourself. If you don't want to use Quicktime, I can highly recommend the cross-platform player VLC. It can play almost everything you feed it.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

2. "BL??KSPRUTTESANGEN" (44 MB .mov)[/b]

"The Octopus Song", taken from the legendary children's film "Benny's Badekar" from 1971 and undoubtedly the funkiest moment in the history of Danish animation.

Pop/rock singer Peter Belli lends his voice to the character of the laidback octopus, backed by local jazz greats Allan Botchinsky, Niels-Henning ??rsted-Pedersen, Bjarne Rostvold and Ole Kock Hansen.

This cartoon is very cool, but why does the octopus
    keep picking his nose???

The lyrics to the song are all about the octopus' supposed easygoing lifestyle. Shooting some ink, watching the eels swim by, and playing his drum + 'shellophone' at the same time while picking his nose.

• Congrats!
    Funny seeing that bennysbadekar clip again, haven't seen that for many years, that song is so dope! Have to get that 45??.
    Witch radio program did you host?

Nice mix by the way, im listening to the first one right now!

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    this is what the 45 looks like:

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    thanks for sharing, love the bennysbadkar clip. never seen it before, ive only heard the 45. the psychedelic part in the middle that goes with the organ solo: in its purest form.

just bout to dl those mixes.

• generiquegenerique 625 Posts

I want you to see it M***n, since you are an animation dude yourself. If you don't want to use Quicktime, I can highly recommend the cross-platform player VLC. It can play almost everything you feed it.

Ha, this worked (I use quicktime but it just didn't open, thanks for the link). This clip is terrific! Never heard of it. And that track...

Pretty unique technique I think, without outlines and apparently it's painted right onto the cells. Lots of work, but it looks so relaxed. Amazing! I see it appeared on DVD so I'll order it.

• Had a bad day and this made it alot better, seriously!

The octopus video was amazing!

thanks again..

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    thanks for the treats!
    enjoyed them much.

• ja_bruceja_bruce 295 Posts
    looks like some face melting material, thanks for sharing man.

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    Thank you very much for posting all these good stuff.

And congratulations for your kilo-post!

Congrats!
    Funny seeing that bennysbadekar clip again, haven't seen that for many years, that song is so dope! Have to get that 45??.

It was a show on a station called KISS FM, which was a subsidiary of The Voice, directed at the 'dance/urban' segment. As you probably know, The Voice is a bullshit top 40 pop radio station with no ear whatsoever for quality music, so the project was bound to fail. KISS FM only lasted about 6 months (RIP).

I don't have the 7" either, still looking for it. I used the film score for the mix. I wanted to incorporate the sound effects from the scene anyway.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

2. "BL??KSPRUTTESANGEN" (44 MB .mov)[/b]

"The Octopus Song", taken from the legendary children's film "Benny's Badekar" from 1971 and undoubtedly the funkiest moment in the history of Danish animation.

Pop/rock singer Peter Belli lends his voice to the character of the laidback octopus, backed by local jazz greats Allan Botchinsky, Niels-Henning ??rsted-Pedersen, Bjarne Rostvold and Ole Kock Hansen.

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU!! you just made my morning!

• Congrats!

It was a show on a station called KISS FM, which was a subsidiary of The Voice, directed at the 'dance/urban' segment. As you probably know, The Voice is a bullshit top 40 pop radio station with no ear whatsoever for quality music, so the project was bound to fail. KISS FM only lasted about 6 months (RIP).

I don't have the 7" either, still looking for it. I used the film score for the mix. I wanted to incorporate the sound effects from the scene anyway.

Is pritty raer the 7" right? I saw i on qxl 3 weekes ago, but i did not now how dope the track was at that time.
    On the "say chees part 2" you play that splask track, it's really dope too. Is that reord hard to get hold on? Do you by any chance have a dobble of that lp?
    Sorry about the radio program....quality radio is in dk , even more after det store mix has closed down.

• llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
    Damn, just seen this post and the link for Benny's Baedaker is gone. I've got the 7" but would love to see the cartoon. Can you post a valid link, thanks!!!

Can you post a valid link, thanks!!!

Sorry about that, my webspace has been suspended temporarily

Rapidshare re-ups:

Benny Hair Cheese1 Cheese2

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    Damn, just seen this post and the link for Benny's Baedaker is gone. I've got the 7" but would love to see the cartoon. Can you post a valid link, thanks!!!

Enjoy!

Cartoon here.

Oooooops! Didn't see that M Dejean reposted the links.

Peace