Cachalot (Marc Moulin)

williedynamitewilliedynamite 263 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
Was exploring an abandoned training school and stumbled on an abandoned stash. Found a couple electro-pop records on the Cachalot Label...Ja Ja Ja "I'm an Animal/Ja Ja Ja/Graffitti Artists International" (Big 9)LIO "Amoureux Solitaires/You Go To My Head/Amicalment Votre/Banana Split" (Big 10)wondering what people know about these joints and if i can get a price check...

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    they're not worth anything. the connection to marc moulin is hard to hear.

• Thanks...

Not a total bust. Also in the stack was...

Hard 2 Obtain "Heels Without Shoes"
    Masta Ace "Sittin on Chrome"
    Masta Ace "Slaughtahouse"
    Bushwick Bill "Ever So Clear"
    State of Emergency (w/Pharcyde and Lord Finesse)

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Was exploring an abandoned training school and stumbled on an abandoned stash. Found a couple electro-pop records on the Cachalot Label...

Ja Ja Ja "I'm an Animal/Ja Ja Ja/Graffitti Artists International" (Big 9)
    LIO "Amoureux Solitaires/You Go To My Head/Amicalment Votre/Banana Split" (Big 10)

wondering what people know about these joints and if i can get a price check...

what is this ja ja ja thing? Is it a 12"? I like the track "Graffitti artist international" with it's wild style attempts and the fresh use of German words like "strassenbahn"...is this a 12" or 7 or 10 what you have there? I have the album with this track and it went for around 15??? on the bay last time i saw it...but it is not that common...crazy piece of artsy punk going hiphop in Germany in 1982 (but only that track)...the singer is called julie jigsaw and the guy who played the bass is from poland..they recorded in bochum, Germany in 1982....

this is the album cover

• thanks for the deets... both are 12" 45s.
    play them at 33 and you get some nice downtempo electro.

• JazoistJazoist 78 Posts
    gheez man, I got that Ja ja ja in 1982. I thought it was average rural punk, like anyone can play. Though may be fun, quite characterful.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    The name Marc Moulin makes me click on threads.

• i like some of the cachalot label stuff i've heard(malaria...), i wasn't aware of the connection to Marc Moulin. anyone care to fill me in. also if yr trying to move these records you can pm me

• Moulin produced one or two of the tracks on the LIO single... true though, hard to hear his influence... willing to trade. pm-me