Soul Position.

magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
I'm expecting the most awesomest(a ross original)album eva!!!The tracks i've heard are so good you can block out blueprint and still enjoy it.

Comments

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    RJD2 has always been kinda hit or miss for me (mostly miss)... but if this album sounds anything like that 'final frontier' remix with vast aire & aesop, then i'm all over this album... love the beat on that remix.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    There's a track available for downoload on their myspace site called "Hand me down" straight flames!!! trust me.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    There's a track available for downoload on their myspace site called "Hand me down" straight flames!!! trust me.

I ain't heard him brag once about selling crack.

so disconnected

• aegisaegis 261 Posts

I ain't heard him brag once about selling crack.

so disconnected

You just aren't up on that Ohio craq slang.

Both have their off moments, but I try to support both out of some sort of local pride, for whatever reason.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

YES. i too was kinda feeling that joint.

His forte is definitely stuff like "Ghostwrter", "smoke and mirrors", "rain", "Clean Living", and remixes which are definitely on point.
    Supposedly he's going back to his roots on his next album...crossing my fingers.
    Even this Soul Position album sounds kinda all over the place and lacking in cohesiveness.

"Hand me downs" is bangin though.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    but honestly for me, Soul Position's best album is the E.P. in terms of beats and listenability. Listening to Blueprint for a whole album is . he's a solid emcee, he just gets boring after a while.

• bboyparkzbboyparkz 549 Posts
    I look forward to this LP.
    Though the last Soul Position was great on the beats tip, Blueprint took a little gettin used to but after a while I was diggin his lyrics and flow.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    but honestly, Soul Position's best album is the E.P.

'things go better' is decent, but still has that hit or miss feel

• The "1988" LP by Blueprint is pretty fuckin good:

The cut "Liberated" is a smoker...

• bboyparkzbboyparkz 549 Posts
    The "1988" LP by Blueprint is pretty fuckin good:

The cut "Liberated" is a smoker...

I was a little disappointed with that album, but ???Liberated??? was constant rewind for sometime.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    I really dug this album anyone else?