Beijing - what's good???

meistromocomeistromoco 953 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
So I am in Beijing for the next two weeks for work. I won't have many large chunks of time where I will not be working, but I will have some 3-5 hour windows. What should I do (besides seeing the forbidden city, tienaman square, etc)?Anyone been here? Any tips?thanks in advance...

Comments

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Raise of the flag at tienamen square after a morning jog. Nightime justwalk aimlessly down that shining uber main street you ll get to a park with a fuckedup outdoor museum. Go eat in ghetto places in town and play majong in the streets if you know how to. Forbidden city is cool but there is a sick zen emperor guarden. (taxis are super cheap so never let distance stop you)
    sorry this is all from memeory and i cant really help with precision but. The whole city is a trip in itself just explore and have a good time.

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    Northern Chinese cuisine like you've never tasted before! absolutely essential! the mouth-watering meat dumplings, the wonderful fried noodles, the jaw dropping steamboat with sliced tender lamb meat, the steammy buns, the mindblowing dessert...HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! flight tickets now in great prices too!