stupid-ass ebay descriptions

yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
Ray Barretto-Acid Cover has ringwear, and it's still "excellent minus"?Record has a small crack, but it's VG++?that's funny.

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I had a very, very similar copy in my shop a month or so ago for $6. I wonder...

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    this guy's latin records descriptions are rediculous! example: "OH YEAH, IF YOU DJ OR MAKE BEATS, YOU CNA OFFICIALLY QUIT YOUR DAY-JOB; YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED!!! "

• He's also selling a Clifford Jordan LP on Strata East with much worse ringwear and still calls it 'excellent -'.

I wouldn't buy a thing from the dude.

• COVER/RECORD CONDITION: EX-/VG++ (SMALL 1/3" CRACK IN DISC THAT IS AUDIBLE ON FIRST 2 OR 3 ROTATIONS; A PERFECT DJ COPY; USED IT FOR YEARS![/b] PLAYS LOUD AND EXCELLENT!)

I wouldn't bid

• damagedamage 118 Posts
    SMOKING BOOGLAOO, LATIN SOUL, & SALSA ALL OVER MY FACE!

• JazoistJazoist 78 Posts
    I wouldn't buy anything in EX- or EX+ grade, I wonder if it means 'I would sell all bad records I have just because I know you're not going to place a bad feedback n y account'.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I had a very, very similar copy in my shop a month or so ago for $6. I wonder...

i mean it's one thing to work your hustle, another to falsely advertise and make it harder for buyers to sift through garbage descriptions like these.

• USED IT FOR YEARS! Exactly, how is this a selling point? This is the equivalent of shop owners telling me "Oh yeah guys come in from overseas all the time"

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    COVER/RECORD CONDITION: EX-/VG++ (SMALL 1/3" CRACK IN DISC THAT IS AUDIBLE ON FIRST 2 OR 3 ROTATIONS; A PERFECT DJ COPY; USED IT FOR YEARS![/b] PLAYS LOUD AND EXCELLENT!)

I wouldn't bid

hahah. JP and I both know this dude. He's actually a good friend of mine, who digs hard and finds a lot of interesting stuff. I've seen him grade records, and he's always been fair in my experience. That said, I've told him more than once to abandon the lengthy descriptions and the whole 'EX' shtick. Good dude, though, through and through.

COVER/RECORD CONDITION: EX-/VG++ (SMALL 1/3" CRACK IN DISC THAT IS AUDIBLE ON FIRST 2 OR 3 ROTATIONS; A PERFECT DJ COPY; USED IT FOR YEARS![/b] PLAYS LOUD AND EXCELLENT!)

I wouldn't bid

hahah. JP and I both know this dude. He's actually a good friend of mine, who digs hard and finds a lot of interesting stuff. I've seen him grade records, and he's always been fair, though I've told him more than once to abandon the lengthy descriptions and the whole 'EX' shtick. Good dude, though, through and through.

aaaahhhhh.

I wouldn't bid

hahah. JP and I both know this dude. He's actually a good friend of mine, who digs hard and finds a lot of interesting stuff. I've seen him grade records, and he's always been fair, though I've told him more than once to abandon the lengthy descriptions and the whole 'EX' shtick. Good dude, though, through and through.

aaaahhhhh.

• Nice to hear that he's a good guy. But tell him to drop the info on how long
    he's been playing the record
    If I've had been "using a record for years" playing it out, I doubt that my record
    would be VG++. Maybe he's using silk gloves when he's DJing?

Nice to hear that he's a good guy. But tell him to drop the info on how long
    he's been playing the record

Haha, yeah, no arguing with that.

If I've had been "using a record for years" playing it out, I doubt that my record
    would be VG++. Maybe he's using silk gloves when he's DJing?

Well, I know for a fact that he doesn't DJ out that often, but, sadly, I'm not privy to his silk glove status. I'll ask him about it when he comes to visit next week.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    USED IT FOR YEARS! Exactly, how is this a selling point? This is the equivalent of shop owners telling me "Oh yeah guys come in from overseas all the time"

seriously, plus anything with a crack should never get VG++..

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    MOLTEN ARRNANGMENTS MELDED TOGETHER WITH MOON GLUE

A few of us were enjoying this guys descriptions a few weeks ago.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    No-one will ever touch STEVE_SONYA

• THIS KID IS AN UBER-FAG. DESREVES A CURB-SIDE SALUTE JUNKYARD STYLE. TOO BAD THAT MEANS FACIAL DAMAGE I CAN'T AFFORD AT THE MOMENT. WAFFLEROCK & PAPERSTAX ARE ONE IN THE SAME. YOUR OVERWHELMING RESPONSE IS ENOUGH TO MAKE A GROWN MAN CRY INTO HIS RHEINGOLD.

1. APOLOGIES FOR THE SHITTY COVER DESCRIPTIONS. NEW TO THE BAY & LEARNING EVERY DAY. CAN'T SQUANDER PRECIOUS BANGBROS.COM TIME EXPLORING THE METAPHYSICAL DIFFERENCES BETWEEN A VG+ COVER AND AN EX- ONE. AS A DJ, I'M A TOUCH MORE CAREFUL ABOUT WHETHER THE RECORD PLAYS WELL OR NOT. THAT BEING SAID, TO WIN THE HEART OF REKKID-NERDS WORLD-WIDE I WILL MAKE A VALIANT EFFORT TO BE LESS CONDOLEEZA IN MY ASSESSMENTS.
    2. IN SPITE OF THE FIFTH-RATE ALLMUSIC-ESQUE DESCRIPTIONS, IT DOES HELP SELL CERTAIN RECORDS THAT WOULD BE OTHERWISE IDLE. (SEE WALDO DE LOS RIOS $22). IN THE WORDS OF A RAPPER MUCH WISER THAN MYSELF "YA DON'T HAVE TO IF YA DON'T WANT TO", COPP OR DON'T COPP, BUT "KNUCKLE-UP DRUMS ALL OVER MY FACE" SELLS.
    3. AS FAR AS DISCUSSION OF THIS USED TO BE A DJ COPY COPY FOR YEARS...IT MAKES ME MORE CONFIDENT AS A BUYER WHEN I CAN BE SURE THAT SOMEONE HAS BEEN GETTING GOOD PLAYS OUT OF A RECORD AS OPPOSED TO THEM VISUALLY INSPECTING A RECORD THAT THEY PICKED UP THAT MORNING.
    3&1/2. TO ME, THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN VG+ & EX- FOR VINYL CONDTION IS VISUALLY THE SAME, JUST THAT THE EX- PLAYS MUCH MORE NOISE FREE. IF I'M MISTAKEN, PLEASE PRESENT ME WITH SOME
    4. I DON'T WEAR WHITE GLOVES WHEN SPINNING, JUST A CROWN AND THE OCCASIONAL APPLICATION OF BABY POWDER. I LENT MY GLOVES TO SOME HIPSTER BATCH HNAMED MICKEY FOR SOME FANTASIA GIG HE WAS ROCKING IN THE 'BURG AND HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO GET 'EM BACK.
    5. MOST PEOPLE ARE PLEASED WITH THEIR PURCHASES. ON THE OFF-CHANCE SOMEONE FEELS SALTY ABOUT THEIR PURCHASE REFUNDS ARE ALWAYS AVAILABLE. REYNALDO IF YOU'RE STILL FEELING STEAM ABOUT THAT KAKO LP, HOLLER AND I'LL KICK YOU SOME MORE DOUGH.
    6. BREAKSELF, SALUTATIONS & NUFF RESPECT FOR PSEAKING ON THE BEHALF OF A SNOT-NOSED LO-LIFE ENRON REKKID HUSTLER LIKE MYSELF. YOU'RE TOO KIND & YOUR EFFORTS SHALL NOT GO UNREWARDED. COMING TO THE D WHEN I GET MY JURY DUTY PAYCHECK.
    7. I HOPE THAT MY HUMBLE STATEMENT BEFORE THE GRAND-COUNCIL IS TREATED JUSTLY, BUT IF BEEF COMES TO BROIL, I CAN ALWAYS GO BACK TO FILLING DOUGHNUTS AT KRISPY KREME.
    8. I APPRECIATE ALL OF YOUR SINCERE CONCERN & HOPE THAT ONE FINE DAY YOU CAN CONVERT FROM SHIT-TALKERS TO SHOPPERS.
    LOVE, PEACE, & VINYL HEAT,
    DJ WAFFLE-ROCK
    PS. IF YOU'RE IN NYC ON THE 8TH OF APRIL, I THROW A MONTHLY AT BOTANICA (47 E.HOUSTON ST.) SOLID BEATS AND DRINKS CHEAPER THAN SARAJEVO RENT.
    PPS. IF YOU'RE FEELING REMOTELY WAMRER NOW, THE NEXT 2 WEEKS WILL BE (SHAMELESS PLUG) TROPICAL CLIMATE AS FAR AS SALES, PONY UP!

WAFFLEROCK SKRAIGHT

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    hahaha...wow!

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    FILLING DOUGHNUTS AT KRISPY KREME.

thanks!

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts

Dude has a point, those descriptions are like free advertising. We've all been reading them, and viewing those auctions Don't knock the hustle.