NRR - Good websites for MS Excel formulas/tips?

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
"thank you"

Comments

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Jonny, I've been working with Excel for years, I'm a walking tutorial.

Any questions?

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts
    JP,
    PM me up with your email. I have a great EBOOK in PDF called HOW TO DO EVERYTHING WITH MS EXCEL. working with alot of financial analysts , its saved me numerous times. With formulas, macros, etc.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I'm trying to figure out the "if" formula across several spreadsheets, ie if !sales! $D$438$ = say, "Invitation To Openness" then !jazz inventory! $H$132$ = "out of stock".

I know that is probably confusing, basically i am trying to set up formulas in my sales database that will automatically trigger an "out of stock" notice on another page of the spreadsheet based on the title.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    The Gooch, Yes! That's what I need.

[email]good.records@gmail.com[/email]

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    The Gooch may know what he's doing but will he put you on the fast track to career excitement?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts

Funny... I wouldn't laugh at him. That was dude in the mid 80's. He later when on to strike it big during the dot.com boom! Now he lives in the Islands...

Now look at him...

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    JP

here's the excel board i look at from time to time. real heads on this batch.

kinda hard to navigate, but a lot of knowledge is on here.

excel link

if you can't figure it out...hit me on the PM with more details on what you are trying to do and i will try when i get a chance.

• KaushikKaushik 320 Posts
    where else but soulstrut do people drop knowledge about music and MS excel?? I love this place.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I'm trying to figure out the "if" formula across several spreadsheets, ie if !sales! $D$438$ = say, "Invitation To Openness" then !jazz inventory! $H$132$ = "out of stock".

I know that is probably confusing, basically i am trying to set up formulas in my sales database that will automatically trigger an "out of stock" notice on another page of the spreadsheet based on the title.

Let's see:

+If(sales!A1="Invitation to openess";"out of stock"; "stock")

you should be entering this formula in the destiny cell, ie: !jazz inventory! h132, and you will see "out of stock" or "stock" as a result. Did I get it right?

This works OK between several spreadsheets.