50 doesn't respect the "local Black experience?!"

2»

Comments

• Dude just seems to talk out of his ass from time to time, just to get attention and apparently it works realyl well for him.

...funny that by far the best dude in his camp is the lone southern rapper.

I'm shocked, surely I thought you had love for Harlem world

That dude fell off before he retired--he never should have come back.
    "you wasn't welcome in the first place, how we welcome you back?"

when he was on, dude was one of the best to do the late 90's jiggy/party sylee.[/b]

IMO: When club hip-hop kinda sucked. I think a lot of songs from that era have aged poorly. My theory is that they where still wokring out the kiks of making "hot club" records. Now a lot more shit to me is straight on point.
    all club records 'age poorly'. rap changes so quickly that the only way for an old record to sound current is if that particular style is in vogue again. right now the insto for "jam master jay" sounds like it's current. during the late 90's it wouldn't have.

I disagree, all hits don't age poorly only ones that wheren't really that hot or get played to death. I really don't know any deejay out here (The Bay Area) who drops any Mase or Puffy or assorted jay joints pre "Love to love ya". I just really feel a lot of that shit was straight up cornyness.

Obvious exceptions:
    assorted Cash Money jaw-oints
    O.D.B.'s "Get your money"
    Outkast

...add on?

five pager??

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    I really don't know any deejay out here (The Bay Area) who drops any Mase or Puffy or assorted jay joints [/b]pre "Love to love ya".

Obvious exceptions:
    Outkast

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Dude just seems to talk out of his ass from time to time, just to get attention and apparently it works realyl well for him.

when he was on, dude was one of the best to do the late 90's jiggy/party sylee.[/b]

IMO: When club hip-hop kinda sucked. I think a lot of songs from that era have aged poorly. My theory is that they where still wokring out the kiks of making "hot club" records. Now a lot more shit to me is straight on point.
    all club records 'age poorly'. rap changes so quickly that the only way for an old record to sound current is if that particular style is in vogue again. right now the insto for "jam master jay" sounds like it's current. during the late 90's it wouldn't have.

I disagree, all hits don't age poorly only ones that wheren't really that hot or get played to death. I really don't know any deejay out here (The Bay Area) who drops any Mase or Puffy or assorted jay joints pre "Love to love ya". I just really feel a lot of that shit was straight up cornyness.

Obvious exceptions:
    Outkast

...add on?

five pager??

Almost every southern club joint from 1990 til today can still be played (at least here in Houston) with a decent to reaction.

• just to make my point clear:

I think a lot of stuff from that "late 90's jiggy/party stylee" aged poorly and shoudn't/don't get played. I"m not saying all old classics have aged poorly just the majoirty of that era.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    just to make my point clear:

I think a lot of stuff from that "late 90's jiggy/party stylee" aged poorly and shoudn't/don't get played. I"m not saying all old classics have aged poorly just the majoirty of that era.

There's cats in the Bay still doing those styles! I bet you play that shit. Hatter.

Nah seriously though some things are unhattable (*cough*Benjamins*cough*, most of Jay-Z's catalog) but a lot of that shit didn't really hold water.

just to make my point clear.

I agree. I was jvoicing my "local southern black-club related experience".

We can play almost any texas/louisiana/atl joint here from that era and get a reaction. If I put on "feels so good" right now, I would boo myself off the decks.

We can play almost any texas/louisiana/atl joint here from that era and get a reaction. If I put on "feels so good" right now, I would boo myself off the decks.

haha...in a related note:

I clearly remember seeing the boy Ross drop that "Feels so good" joint a few times. Memorable to say the least.....

That was big on the Hi-NRG station/Car Show circuit out here

There's cats in the Bay still doing those styles! I bet you play that shit. Hatter.

Nah seriously though some things are unhattable (*cough*Benjamins*cough*, most of Jay-Z's catalog) but a lot of that shit didn't really hold water.

I can't play "all about the benjamins" or Jay-z after like 10:30.

You can't play anything from NYC, new or old, after 10:30!

You can't play anything from NYC, new or old, after 10:30!

People ask for that Mobb Deep "have a party", I TRY to rock "put em in their place", but that just ain't doing it for anybody except the 3 or 4 Brooklyn, tx dudes that complained all night about wanting to hear some "eeeas coasss schun".

There's probally a few deejays who are itching to drop that "STING AND PUFFY HEAT" but I think they're stuck in a different "scene"/venues. but yo, Benjamins might be one of the exceptions from Bad Boy, probally because of Biggies Verse/Jackson 5 Sample.

"Late 90's jiggy rap" is a gap i'm not mad at having in the club crates.

There's probally a few deejays who are itching to drop that "STING AND PUFFY HEAT" but I think they're stuck in a different "scene"/venues. but yo, Benjamins might be one of the exceptions from Bad Boy, probally because of Biggies Verse/Jackson 5 Sample.

"Late 90's jiggy rap" is a gap i'm not mad at having in the club crates.

nah I meant like, rappers that still do that style. Like for instance some of the Quinn shit I hear gets a little too "jiggy" for my taste....

top floor of the moark hopkins

haha...in a related note:

I clearly remember seeing the boy Ross drop that "Feels so good" joint a few times. Memorable to say the least.....

That was big on the Hi-NRG station/Car Show circuit out here

Huh? I think you mean "It Feels Good" by faux faves Tony Toni Tone.

What is "Feels So Good"?

Oh wait...you mean that Lina Santiago joint! HAHAHA! That's some TX schitt, too. Latin Freestyle jumpoffs por dias. Man, you were lookin' at me crazy when I played that.

[Sigh] R.I.P. Nickie's.

• [Sigh] R.I.P. Nickie's.

sayin'!

Cyrus still has my Red Astaire record.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    If I put on "feels so good" right now, I would boo myself off the decks.

I always did think that track was kind of corny, but Ma$e's verse isn't bad:

Yo, what you know about goin' out
    Head west, red Lex, TV's all up in the headrest
    Try and live it up
    Ride true, a bigger truck
    Peeps all glittered up
    Stick up can, they go what?
    Jig wit it cuz ship crisp, split it all
    Ho's ride, get your nut 'till I can't get it up
    I'm a big man, give this man room
    I'd a hit everything, from Cancun to Grant's tomb
    Why you standin' on the wall?
    Hand on your balls
    Lighting up drugs always fightin' in the club
    I'm the reason they made the dress code
    They figure I wouldn't wild when I'm in my french clothes
    Dress as I suppose, from my neck to my toes
    Neck full of gold, baguettes in my Rolls
    Wreck shows, collect those, extra O's
    Buy the E, get a key, to the Lex to hold
    East, West, every state, come on, bury the hate
    Millions, the only thing we in a hurry to make
    Are the friend that act's friend in a Lex or a Benz
    Let's begin, bring this BS to an end
    Come on

And, yes, I know that this post is going to come back to haunt me.

They figure I wouldn't wild when I'm in my french clothes

However, in your case, they would be wrong.

Just so yall know, the boy wilds in German clothes too...

Dude just seems to talk out of his ass from time to time, just to get attention and apparently it works realyl well for him.

Perhaps what we are seeing is your own discomfort with "hot club" joints of that era--do they conjure painful memories of pubescent awkwardness?

• Peeps all glittered up

get your nut 'till I can't get it up

Hand on your balls

Buy the E

bring this BS to an end

Peeps all glittered up

get your nut 'till I can't get it up

Hand on your balls

Buy the E

bring this BS to an end

This is revenge for the analysis I did of your precious Rae-Rae's lyrics?

• Dude just seems to talk out of his ass from time to time, just to get attention and apparently it works realyl well for him.

Perhaps what we are seeing is your own discomfort with "hot club" joints of that era--do they conjure painful memories of pubescent awkwardness?

I wasn't old enough to get into club at the time. Prebuescent awkardness? like Blue Balls?

Prebuescent

I wasn't old enough to get into club at the time. Prebuescent awkardness? like Blue Balls?

Like every time you hear "Lookin' at Me" you experience an aural flashback of a shrill voice saying "No, Young Phonics, you may not have this dance!"

Prebuescent

You act as if that was a misprint. Scholars of early french influence on the English language will instantly recognize the word Prebuescent (pronounced preb-you-sahnt, with the accent on the "sahnt") as it pertains to the lavish party lifestyle of 18th century england. Obviously Young_Linguist was making a clever (and very witty i might add) allusion to the opulence of 18th century party lifestyle in comparison to the late 90s party lifestyle, and the god awful music that provide the soundtrack.

please pay attention.

Like every time you hear "Lookin' at Me" you experience an aural flashback of a shrill voice saying "No, Young Phonics, you may not have this dance!"

I should of just been a cheerleader like you then.

I should of just been a cheerleader like you then.

Z-Z-Z-ZIIIIIIIIIING!

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    young phonics is so 'tasteful' in his selecting!

first ma$e record and early 'jiggy' rap is underrated

i will say tho that those selected quotes phonics compiled from that song upthread are pretty roffly now w/ respect to the range rover 'incident'