Options

Thursday's Finds

2»

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

dang mack, you found those around here? vaughn mason and eddie hazel....
    actually eddie hazel was ebay. but i got it really cheap(sealed. $25) the rest came from a local thrift shop. if you need that Vaughan Mason ive got an extra. dont think its mint though

No kidding? Was it mis-listed or hidden in with a lot?

Clearly, this record is declining in value...

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    caetano veloso - transa LP this is so good I am like dying

cosign. One of his best.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

actually eddie hazel was ebay. but i got it really cheap(sealed. $25) the rest came from a local thrift shop. if you need that Vaughan Mason ive got an extra. dont think its mint though

Buy It Now: the ebay wildcard.

We'll revisit it when I hear about half a dozen people winning it off the Bay at that price.

• mistercmisterc 329 Posts

We'll revisit it when I hear about half a dozen people winning it off the Bay at that price.

I'm thinking it went down because the CD just came out for the first time. I've had a bootleg CD for a couple of years that I payed $12 used for. It's one of those instances where the only available format was the original press for a while and then the value came down with reishes

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

I'm only kidding, but there are quite a few copies online right now.

The demand for this record won't diminish; it's a beautiful album that doesn't turn up much.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    yeah i dont really care about the value. i woulda payed alot more than $25 for it. its an awesome record

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I'm thinking it went down because the CD just came out for the first time. I've had a bootleg CD for a couple of years that I payed $12 used for. It's one of those instances where the only available format was the original press for a while and then the value came down with reishes

I'm inclined to think that's a temporary dip--this is a great record that I think is gonna hold its value.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

I'm inclined to think that's a temporary dip--this is a great record that I think is gonna hold its value.

The seller had several (some were sightly seal warped, but it did not hinder play in any way). I copped one from him a few months ago and am completely satisfied with it, especially at that price. He sold one that was perfect for close to $60 Buy It Now from the same batch.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Nice find on Eddie Hazel, TheMack--that's a great record.

"California Dreamin" never sounded so good.

And dollarbin style for anyone who wants the version of "California Dreamin'" from this LP on vinyl, to hold you over until you find the full LP:

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    yeah i dont really care about the value. i woulda payed alot more than $25 for it. its an awesome record

The_Mack Seal of Approval! but I can't help but wonder did THE_MACK cop this because he wanted to have the sample of "Take 2 and pass"?

The mind stretches...

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    i actually didnt even know that was the record preemo used and i was listenin to "frantinc moment" and i heard it. its funny cuz its such a tiny part.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i actually didnt even know that was the record preemo used and i was listenin to "frantinc moment" and i heard it. its funny cuz its such a tiny part.

a likely excuse....

• mistercmisterc 329 Posts
    Don't get me wrong, I'd of rather payed his price for the vinyl than mine for the CD, and I do think it's a temporary drop. These things happen though. Great album. On a related note does anybody know anything about the P-Funk guitarists' tribute album to Jimi? Never heard it, but supposedly everybody does a tune and Eddie's is titled Purple Hazel. Jimi tributes are usually trainwrecks, but if anybody could pull it off....

• hobo_dhobo_d 331 Posts
    acquired in the past week on ebay

amrals trinidad cavaliers steel orchestra - steel vibrations

Martin Solveig (i'm a good man ) t mousse t mix

2 osibisa lps

perry and the harmonics - do the monkey with james 7'' (FUCKING SMOKING)