Os Mutanes LIVE

troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
I'm not sure if this has been posted before but the band Kurt Cobain tried in vain to reunite back in the early 90's is finally is playing some North American dates in July. It's their first time playing live (with the original lineup) since 1974, I know their playing New York, some other state, and then the Hollywood Bowl. I gots my tickets already even though they are the OPENING ACT (can't believe they didn't headline) for Theivery Corp (blah) and Flaming Lips. Who else is as excited as I am?

Comments

• i'm excited. webster hall in NY. anyone know when tickets go on sale? and who they're playing with? london lucked out and got a whole tropicalia fest

• I'm excited also. I just wish Rita Lee was involved.

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts
    they are the OPENING ACT (can't believe they didn't headline) for Theivery Corp (blah) and Flaming Lips.

Next in this series: the reunited Velvet Underground, opening for the entire Vice Records roster.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    I'm not sure if this has been posted before but the band Kurt Cobain tried in vain to reunite back in the early 90's is finally is playing some North American dates in July. It's their first time playing live (with the original lineup) since 1974, I know their playing New York, some other state, and then the Hollywood Bowl. I gots my tickets already even though they are the OPENING ACT (can't believe they didn't headline) for Theivery Corp (blah) and Flaming Lips. Who else is as excited as I am?

Thievery Corporation??? That is such an abomination. I'm offended.

• I'm not sure if this has been posted before but the band Kurt Cobain tried in vain to reunite back in the early 90's is finally is playing some North American dates in July. It's their first time playing live (with the original lineup) since 1974, I know their playing New York, some other state, and then the Hollywood Bowl. I gots my tickets already even though they are the OPENING ACT (can't believe they didn't headline) for Theivery Corp (blah) and Flaming Lips. Who else is as excited as I am?

im a huge fan of os mutantes, but seriously...how many people outside of the fervent-cratediggin-musicfanatic-ilk would have any earthly idea who they are..giving top billing to theivery ensures a packed house...and as a result, thousands of so called fans of brazilian music will take their asses to the store the next day and buy the entire os mutantes discography

• progbeatzprogbeatz 451 Posts
    I can see it now:

Said the bedhead to the record store clerk- "Do you have anything by this new spanish band called Aus Moon Tontays?"

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

im a huge fan of os mutantes, but seriously...how many people outside of the fervent-cratediggin-musicfanatic-ilk would have any earthly idea who they are..giving top billing to theivery ensures a packed house...and as a result, thousands of so called fans of brazilian music will take their asses to the store the next day and buy the entire os mutantes discography

I disagree. For reasons beyond my comprehension, I've been to three or four thievery shows and they were all filled with wannabe hipsters, tools, and yuppies of the offencive variety. These people will buy drinks and talk loudly and be douches while Os Mutantes perform. I hope I'm wrong.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    These people will buy drinks and talk loudly and be douches while Os Mutantes perform.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

I disagree. For reasons beyond my comprehension, I've been to three or four thievery shows and they were all filled with wannabe hipsters, tools, and yuppies of the offencive variety. These people will buy drinks and talk loudly and be douches while Os Mutantes perform. I hope I'm wrong.

that's like the worst type of crowd.

example:

free/spiritual jazz quartet feat. Leroy Jenkins and others at Chicago Jazz Festival in the park. 90% of the audience was blurting shit like "what is this?" and "jeezus...horrible singing".

• anyone know when NY tix go on sale?

also question for out south american friends, were their records released in any other countries other than brazil? were they los mutantes?

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    anyone know when NY tix go on sale?

also question for out south american friends, were their records released in any other countries other than brazil? were they los mutantes?[/b]

Maybe their records were released in Argentina, Chile and Uruguay, but I'm not sure. I don't know if they were released in North America or Europe, though.
    I never heard about Los Mutantes. Do you have any information about them? What kind of music they made?

Peace

• anyone know when NY tix go on sale?

also question for out south american friends, were their records released in any other countries other than brazil? were they los mutantes?[/b]

Maybe their records were released in Argentina, Chile and Uruguay, but I'm not sure. I don't know if they were released in North America or Europe, though.
    I never heard about Los Mutantes. Do you have any information about them? What kind of music they made?

Peace

sorry if i wasn't clear, i guess it was two questions. the second was if they were released in another county did they change the os to los? just curious because i haven't seen original os mutantes from any other country. but i did see an argentian os brazoes record where they were called los brazoes.

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    anyone know when NY tix go on sale?

Peace

sorry if i wasn't clear, i guess it was two questions. the second was if they were released in another county did they change the os to los? just curious because i haven't seen original os mutantes from any other country. but i did see an argentian os brazoes record where they were called los brazoes.

OK. It's possible that in Argentina they translated their name to Los Mutantes, because they used to translate names of records and songs from their original language to Spanish.

Maybe dude JorgeLopezRuiz can confirm this.

Peace

• I'm really looking forward to seeing their performance in London. Right now the Barbican is having an entire Tropicalia exhibit that I still have to check out (perfect timing since I'm currently reading Caetano Veloso's book) and they're having lots of Brazilian performers. Too bad it's way too expensive to see all of them.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    them.

I really wishh I didn't havve to stomache hipsters to see the mutantes. But then again, listening to the 1970 mutantes album really doesn't have me too hyped to see them cause. Really the english versions of there songs is nagl. It's like having to sit through TI to get to skull snaps. Can't I just have my reunion a coke and a smile? It's bad enough I gotta see them at the hollywood bowl. Which means I'll be in fucking row Z. squinting while fucking Wilmer Valderrama is sitting front row. Fuck.

- spidey