To simplehuman or not? Expensive Trash Can Concern

chungtechchungtech 290 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
Since when do trash cans cost $90 ON SALE???I feel like I have been out of the trash can market for a long time because when I saw this I said WHUT? CRAZY EXPENSIVE TRASH CAN CRAZY EXPENSIVE TRASH CAN ON SALE is it worth it? what is an alternative, other than the double-bagged trader joe's bags I am currently using?

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Since when do trash cans cost $90 ON SALE???
    I feel like I have been out of the trash can market for a long time because when I saw this I said WHUT?

CRAZY EXPENSIVE TRASH CAN

CRAZY EXPENSIVE TRASH CAN ON SALE

is it worth it? what is an alternative, other than the double-bagged trader joe's bags I am currently using?

That's kind of nice, though.

I just got this plastic bag dispenser that they make and it has markedly improved the quality of my life.

• If I paid that much for a trash can, I'd wash my garbage before I put it in there.

How about this?

$22.49 for the pair (granted, Target's out of stock).

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Welcome to the world of design. I dated a girl who was an industrial designer and was introduced to the world of ridiculously expensive products like that.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    at the risk of getting on to good housekeeping's shit list - i say to not. get a $20 industrial strength stainless steel can from chinatown and spend the other $70 on records.

some folks don't even sleep in digs as nice as that can!

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Just take a milk crate, put a plastic bag in it, and use a bob james record as the lid.

Then take the $80 you've saved and buy a knitted demon fuzz mask.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    $90 is expensive?

• ehuffmanehuffman 302 Posts
    simplehuman makes good quality products...i just copped the:

and its great...haven't dropped $90 on the trash can though.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    For crazy expensive you need Brabantia. Foot pedals are for suckers.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    I have that joint.

It saves me just as much, if not more, time than my velcro shoes.

Two thumbs up.

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

i love their marketing

• raredaveraredave 205 Posts
    the simplehuman joint is i've got limited space for garbage storage and the 38L one really rocks my yacht.

but the cost is to the power of ten

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    On a similar "expensive household items" trip look at this http://waterwise.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=24

It purfies water and is super good. Dude showed me the inside of the tap water jug attached to it and you could see all the lime caked around the insides of it.

• chungtechchungtech 290 Posts

damn! on the brapanty-a website the trash cans are actually in their 'WASTE COLLECTION' LINE
    - that sounds like someone talking about my colon.

anywayz, missbassie's got the right idea- go cheap on the can and save $$$ for records!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    :comedy_gold:

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Ha. I just bought one of these last week. My waste collection game is now on point with young(n??e not so young) regatta

• I ride for the simple human. Use them bed bath and beyond coupons and cop one.

• Or get one on Craigslist for 5 bucks.