Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
edited March 4 in Strut Central

Comments

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    How many of you folls have done something in your past that could have landed you in Prison? You don't have to say what it was

Come on, every drunk driving fuck has.

As far as slanging rocks and beatin down punks with 2x4s, check. But at least it was high grade rock, and I stopped when I turned 18.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    You mean prison like a few years in prison or just a couple of days?

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    present.

• No doubt...

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

How many of you folls have done something in your past that could have landed you in Prison? You don't have to say what it was

Come on, every drunk driving fuck has.

Nah hommie, DUI will only land you in jail for like a day. Even repeat offenders of DUI just get longer jail terms. I think you would have to kill someone while driving drunk to go to prison. I'm talking PRISON mayne. Like "Goin' upstates my destination."

Yeah, I guess you're right.... what about when you hit someone and drive home with them stuck in the windshield, park up and go to bed?!

• Wrong, Chan! 3 strikes, hommie. I know people who have done prison time over repeat DUIs.

And for the record, no felonious activity for me.

• You mean prison like a few years in prison or just a couple of days?

I mean prison like a few years JLR. In the U.S. there is jail and prison.

I have a cousin who did 8 months in the county lockup. Believe me, depending on where you are, there's not a lot of difference between jail and prison...

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    No doubt...

yeah i think consensual sodomy is still a class B felony.

• For a minute, a few years and cities ago I did some driving of illegal substances...low risk/high money work. i quit, though, when i was talking to 'the guy', and he said, "the police would never know its me". i then told him that i would be tendering my resignation. cannot f with that sort of attitude.

my life has been totally on the up & up the last few years...i can even walk home when i've had too many. feels great not to be worrying about the police. drug free is the way to be (for me)!

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    When I was 16, I was forced to enter MD's scarred straight program called "Operation Last Chance"

we went for a day tour of Haggerstown Maximum Secuity Prison. Saw videos of gang rapes, confiscated makeshift shanks, had 300lb crosseyed dudes scream in our face, prisoners dying in their cells of AIDS, cells were people had gone insane and written their lunacy all over the walls. We also got to go down to the 15 years of good behavior-type room where prisoners had tvs and stereos. Me and one dude had a conversation about "Amerikkkas Most Wanted"

I've been to "jail" on a couple occasions and it was rough, but I would'nt want to end up at a place like Hagerstown ever again.

Last year my girl's best friend called up distraught needing a lawyer for her dad. Then I checked cnn.com

No jail time on "a few technicalities".

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Anybody on here either been or know someone who spent time in solitary confinement?

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    How does it work in Argentina?

Alls I know is that we have free broadband internet connection

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

I think from 14 - 19, I was a straight jackass. Started again at about 24 until about 26.

A good number of shit would have landed me in prison. What's worse a good number of shit coulda got me killed.

Everyone has dumb shit in their past.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Anybody on here either been or know someone who spent time in solitary confinement?

One of the LP's I put out was with the help of the guitarist who was in Federal Prison for life. Something about a drug informant(s) and murder(s). He could call me once a week, collect.

I had obtained a bunch of tapes from their road manager but there were no song titles listed. The guitarist told me to send him the tape in prison and he'd ID the songs. A few weeks later the tapes come back to me with a note saying they are "contraband".

So he calls me back and says to send them to the Chaplain, and that he will play the tapes from another room and we'll get the titles that way. A couple of months go by and I don't hear anything. Then one day I get a phone call from my man in prison and he says he hasn't been able to hear the tapes because he's been in solitary. I ask him why and he says he was caught with drugs!!!

I can't get this dude a friggin cassette tape but he can get dope!!!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    know someone who spent time in solitary confinement?

friend of the family - political prisoner.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I'm always doin dumb shit.

• I did 2 months on Riker's for graffiti, so many puerto Ricans had jokes on my whiteboy afro.

• sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts
    I have a cousin who did 8 months in the county lockup. Believe me, depending on where you are, there's not a lot of difference between jail and prison...

one of my friends got busted with a LOT of coke, he's been in for about 2 years now... he couldn't afford bail ($1.5 million!), so he had to stay in county for over a year... once he got through his trial, he got sent to the federal prison camp in beaver, west virginia, and he says federal is a fucking picnic compared to county... they have softball and basketball leagues, and he got a job in the mess hall, and shit like that... in county, you just have to sit there all the time... plus, he said most of the dudes in federal are chill... a lot of them are older and have been there for a long time, and they don't want to cause any waves... in county, there are a lot of young dudes, and everybody is trying to prove that they are the craziest

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    and everybody is trying to prove that they are the craziest

• in my salad days I shoulda been locked up. Luckily I look non-threatening and never got caught.

Now I'm Johnny Law (not counting my drug habit, fake car registration, fake insurance, and tax evading)

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    yes, i have done stuff that would get me locked up. not when i did it though(i was under 18) but now because im over 18.

one of my dads business partners sold alot of coke in the 70's and did 5 years in prison. hes still mob affiliated

• Well, I ain't never been locked up, but I do go to the DC jail pretty often to meet with my law firm's clients. One thing I can tell you is that place is TOTALLY FUCKED UP. It's way overcrowded, it stinks to high hell, toilets don't work, you get a filthy mattress with no sheets, etc. The guards, who aren't allowed to carry weapons for some reason, smuggle in fried chicken and sell it to the inmates (I can't even imagine what that jail food looks like). Breakfast is at 4 am, lunch is around 8 am, and dinner is at 4. Supposedly this keeps the inmates subdued and tired so that they won't start trouble. They always seem to be on lockdown, too, which means that you can't leave your cell for days at a time (no showers, either).

Now here's sort of a long story, not really related to jail per se, but it's truly outrageous and demonstrates the total racism in the justice system (in DC, at least):

A couple of years ago on New Years Eve Fatback was djing this party downtown, at 13th and V NW. I remember it as clear as day, Fr*nk had just thrown on "Faith" by George Michael (haha, sorry dude I had to throw that in there ) when all of a sudden a friend of his comes running in the room screaming something and throws a gun down on the floor behind the decks. Some crazy motherfucker in a kilt and tuxedo top (!) had thrown him to the ground and put a loaded gun to his head, saying he was going to kill him. Luckily the guy's friend (not the guy with the kilt) came running up and tackled the crazy guy in the kilt. The gun went flying and the guy who was threatened picked it up and ran in the house. The guy in the kilt got beaten up pretty good until the cops showed up (he didn't go down without a fight, though - at some point he tried to pull a knife from the kilt!)..

Now, you'd think for sure that this dude would get locked up. I mean, we're talking attempted murder here. Did I happen to mention that the guy in the kilt was white and that he was an investment banker?

Well, he got out of jail the next day on bond. If he were a young black guy, forget it. No way that would even be an option. So how do things turn out? The government drops all the assault with deadly weapon charges and he pleas guilty to possesion of a gun and ammo. And you know how much time he got? NONE. He got fucking PROBATION.

Fucking disgusting. Anyways, carry on.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    word. i got out of several situations due to white skin privilege.
    still, ive been fucked with for being a young dude...cuffed, thrown in street lineups, gun to the head bullshit.probably wouldve beenuglier if i was a minority. i did get busted for 1/100th of a gram of weed in my car (basically an empty pipe....thanks Jersey). cost me $2000 and i had to choose between a year with pisstests or two year conditional discharge ( i chose the latter). such bullshit.

anyway, i know that cops can fuck up your life if they feel like it. the less i drive a car, the less chance i got of being pulled over. i try to toe the line these days, unless necessary, and avoid any situation bringing me under cops eyes.

felonies i got away with in my life probably wouldnt have sent me to jail...unless the judge was trying to prove a point. again, white skin privilege. never anything violence related that wouldnt have been selfdefense

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    yes, i have done stuff that would get me locked up. not when i did it though(i was under 18) but now because im over 18.

this i gotta hear.