More Photo Strut (Tilt-Shift, Batches)

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
I saw this on boingboing.net. It's about tilt-shift photography which manages to make real scenes look fake. Then I followed it to this tutorial and started playing with some photos in Photoshop. Here's the first two results:THE OG:TILT-SHIFTEDTHE OG: TILT-SHIFTED

Comments

• crazy man.
    makes everything look like it is shot with a macro or with a large format tilt head.
    real nice.
    Im gonna fuck with this as well.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    the tilted baseball pic looks like a scale model!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    that's my grandma with the cane.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    That's a cheap way of doing it.

You need to get up on some z-depth channels and compound blurs.

BLURS AND SLURS

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    That's a cheap way of doing it.

You need to get up on some z-depth channels and compound blurs.

BLURS AND SLURS

Plaese to school me on both.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

BLURS AND SLURS

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    that's pretty cool but

manages to make real scenes look fake.

why would you want to do this? (just curious) for movies that use a lot of CG effects or something and wanna blend everything nicely?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

why would you want to do this? (just curious) for movies that use a lot of CG effects or something and wanna blend everything nicely?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    that's pretty cool but

Naw - this doesn't have a film application (not that I know of). It's just cool in a totally pointless way. Like most art.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    that's pretty cool but

Naw - this doesn't have a film application (not that I know of). It's just cool in a totally pointless way. Like most art.

hehe. fo sho.

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

and mike d is hanging with her because?

• This is lush, I could waste days on this

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

rebel.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    My wife has gotten all into photography. I have been trying to enable her by buying her digital camera gear for a while now. Here is the first tilt-shift image she did of some roof tops in Germany.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    My wife has gotten all into photography. I have been trying to enable her by buying her digital camera gear for a while now. Here is the first tilt-shift image she did of some roof tops in Germany.

THAT looks crazy. I've never been into photography, but I can appreciate those who have an eye for it.