Polo's W/ the Collar Up

jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
edited November 2015 in Off Topic (NRR)
please tell me this horrible fad is goig away.nothing gets me more than a dude rocking his pink polo-collar up.

TAGGED:

Comments

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    I question polo shirts IN GENERAL - while I've seen some girls here & there who looked good wearing them, those collars just look dorky. On a man or a woman. I mean, if LINDSAY LOHAN (pictured on the far left) looks like a cornball wearing one, there's no hope for anybody!

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Nah dog.......polos are american classics that have stood the test of time. Alot of the retro-80's cats have squeezed this look dry. But real prepsters will (p)rep this shit.

I dont cosign on the flipped collar or the double polo w double flipped collers........

• YouYouYouYou 5 Posts
    So, I am 35.

Wearing collars up was shit when I was 15, 20, 25, 30 and it still SUCKS!!!

Take care

YouYou

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I can't find any pix of it, but when I was growing
    up, circa 1982, dudes in my hood had a style of turning
    the collar in
    , sort of the opposite of flipping it up,
    I guess - button it to the top and fold it over so just the
    edge of it sticks out - really "not a good look."

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    In the words of trick daddy...

You don't know nann nigga
    That dress fresher than me
    And you don't know nann nigga that wear mo' Polo shit than me
    Bitch you don't know nann nigga uh-uh

Solid color mesh & button down polo's are

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    In the words of trick daddy...

You don't know nann nigga
    That dress fresher than me
    And you don't know nann nigga that wear mo' Polo shit than me
    Bitch you don't know nann nigga uh-uh

Solid color mesh & button down polo's are

Polos are timeless... it's the popped collar look that is dated. Keep that shit in the 80s along with rope bracelets and coke abuse.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    They're back. All over and not just with young people. I've seen old father types and kids at the high school I teach at all wearing their collars up. It's been going on for a while now.

It's been going on for a while now.
    especially since kanyeezy made it "ok"

but even he has stayed away from the look for a while.

no beef w/ the polo shit. just the tools with the popped collar.

It's been going on for a while now.
    especially since kanyeezy made it "ok"

but even he has stayed away from the look for a while.

Add Pharrel to the "ok" list.

• You can only criticize this look if you're hot enough to actually pull it off yourself.

You can only criticize this look if you're hot enough to actually pull it off yourself.

I disagree.

When I was in high-school back in the 80's, only a small percentage of cats rocked the "FONZIE" collar. They werent hot kids or the cool kids.
    Most of the conservative prepsters didnt do this.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

When I was in high-school back in the 90's, a large percentage of cats rocked the "FONZIE" collar along w/ the tommy tag/flag hanging from the 2nd button. It was more off and still is a (Gasp!) Black & Latino thing in Miami.
    Most of the conservative prepsters would never do this.

When I was in high-school back in the 90's, a large percentage of cats rocked the "FONZIE" collar along w/ the tommy tag/flag hanging from the 2nd button. It was more off and still is a (Gasp!) Black & Latino thing in Miami.
    Most of the conservative prepsters would never do this.

I've seen white cats sport it too. And ive seen old white cats do it as well.

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts

there's a show at some gallery in eagle rock that has "beverly hills 1980" exhibit of photos right now. this post is making me wanna check that out. saw some flics of it in the reader. it looks insanely funny.

if you really want to puke, watch "tuff turf". holy mother f*cking sh*t 80's to the death. must be like 83 or something, 80's look is off the hook. down to the last extra is tricked out like patbenatar,lauper,brinkley,janefonda,whathave you... robert downey jr. looks to be about 17 and plays a very homo erotic drummer. spader is killing it with the funky fresh frosted.

• sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts
    the double polo w double flipped collers

i saw a dude rocking this shit the other night, and i couldn't believe it... how could you put that on, look at yourself in the mirror, and think it would be ok to leave the house like that?... to each his own, i guess, but that seems like a lot of effort to look like a nerd

oh yeah, and if you do need to go with this look, please make sure the colors lock up with something else you're wearing... the guy i saw didn't match at all, and it was a disaster

the double polo w double flipped collers

if i wanna double up i throw on one of dese:

• TSGTSG 274 Posts
    spader is killing it with the funky fresh frosted.

lmmwao.

polo joints are okeh, but i'm not one of these stunads that swear by them. if you're finsta rock the collar up you better be able to pull it off or i will do a tripod in your personal space.

• This look was championed by lesbians from p- town rhode island.

• damagedamage 118 Posts

"i dont pop my collar because i find that it hides one of my best features, my neck"

The double polo with collars up is a definate nogo though!

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Whatever, ill pop my collar sometimes if i feel like it. Usually only when the whole outfit is fresh, crispy and matching. Popped collars on raggedy ass polos dont work too well.

Whatever, ill pop my collar sometimes if i feel like it. Usually only when the whole outfit is fresh, crispy and matching. Popped collars on raggedy ass polos dont work too well.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Popped collars on raggedy ass polos dont work too well.

like that pink polo back there in the first post on this thread

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

thats crazy! where did you find that picture of me online?