will one of ya'll help me with my MPC 3000

rcbreaksrcbreaks 28 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
so I just got this piece and it's cool but I'm wondering if there's a way to truncate the sample or whatever so you can delete what you don't hear playing on the pad, i'm not taking huge chunks either but I just tried to save the beat on floppies and it took five of em, I know I could get that to be less with this. i know on the 2000, there's that button you push, but I don't think that comes on the 3000, is there any other way, thanks in advance. thanks in advance too because I know this question is pretty

Comments

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts

• rcbreaksrcbreaks 28 Posts
    I tried that and those dudes basically gave me the equivalent of a

Sorry dude, I was wondering the same thing although I have the 60 II with the 3000 upgrade... I wonder if the screens look the same... those dudes are to mp's like dudes heres are to records... they are not always the best help...

it wouldn't be that big of a deal if I got my fucking scsi drive to format, but that's being all wnba, and since I don't have a liftime's supply of floppy discs, I've gotta figure out someway to save these beats.

yeah you need that scsi... I'm trying to get a card reader...

• No problem...

What you need to do is get used to the concept of soft starts, ends.
    When you start truncating a sample up in the beginning to the leading edge of the start point, you are creating a trail behind it of data that will not be played when the pad is hit. Likewise when you truncate the end.

What you need to do after you get everything cut the way you want is to Delete Before Soft Start using the soft keys at the base of the screen...now i am not in front of my mpc so I am going off of memory here...You will need to delet after soft start to get rid of the crap left at the end, and then you will be left with onyl the meat of what you are using. Now make sure you are sure, because this cut is permanent. You will know you have chopped off the beginning because your knew start point will be at 00:00:00 instead of wherever you set the soft start at, say 1:01:00.
    And the total smaple length should end up shorter, thus freeing up your memory.

hope this answers your question, let me know if there is any other questions you have, glad to be of help.

ps. don't bother with the card readers for the mpc, there is only one model/rev. that will work and it is tough to find:pcd-25BSF v4.2

thanks thes I appreciate it. I knew there was some way to do it.

• debardebar 215 Posts
    just to add another tip, don't know if this pertains to the 3000, but I know it pertains to the 60 w/ OS 3.1. If you're going to be deleting data both "before soft start" and "after soft end", delete "after soft end" first. Especially if your deleting a large section before soft start. From my experience deleting before soft start takes much longer than after soft end, so smaller files tend to go faster.

Again I don't know if that's the case with the 3000. Not sure if it has a more powerful processor than the 60.