SHREDNODDERS.(ElectricGuitarSolosInHipHop-Related)

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
One of my all-time faves is the outro of 5th Ward Boyz ft. Devin Tha Dude "Pussy, Weed & Alcohol", but lately I'm feeling the (rather short) outro of E-40's "I'm The Man."List 'em, my hoLmeses.And shred on, Black man, shred on.Herm

Comments

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Damn, I figured if ANY of my threads got quick replies it'd be this one. Just how many of you have me on "ignore" anyways?!

Herm

• Damn, I figured if ANY of my threads got quick replies it'd be this one. Just how many of you have me on "ignore" anyways?!

Herm

I'm just wracking my brain for a song where a guitar solo doesn't ruin a song or at the very least make it much worse. "Rock Box" (of course) and the Coup's "Fixation" are the only two I can think of.

the Coup's "Fixation"

Good one! Thanks, Mongo!

I don't know why you other fools are holding back. I know that you know that I know that you know that I know that YOU know of some others. Why the crickets?

Herm

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I know there were many on "Yo! Bum Rush The Show" courtesy of this gentleman right here...

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    The D.O.C. Beautiful but Deadly

The D.O.C. Beautiful but Deadly

YES.

Thank you!!!

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    The solo in "Bombs over Baghdad" is pretty heavy, especially when you see the video and it's paired with images of dudes frantically tapping the MPC and SP pads.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    My fave is Ice-T "The Girl Tried To Kill Me". It's like "Rock Box" on 11!

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Suga Free - Tip Toes
    Outkast - Fonky Ride

• Don't "King of Rock" and "Raising Hell" also qualify alongside "Rockbox"?

• Yeah! They do. Respect to Eddie Martinez,holding it down with the Q-Boro Jackson Dinky shred licks.

Speaking of Queens:
    Godfather Don, Hazardous LP.

Check the back cover and Mike Varney shout-out.

• Kufi classic; though not a great example of "shredding" per se, there's a short solo at the end of Black Star's "Respiration" that I've always liked.

• sergserg 682 Posts
    am I the only one who thinks rock box fucking sucks? It's so goddamn corny

• DJAckDJAck 255 Posts
    One of my all-time faves is the outro of 5th Ward Boyz ft. Devin Tha Dude "Pussy, Weed & Alcohol", but lately I'm feeling the (rather short) outro of E-40's "I'm The Man."

List 'em, my hoLmeses.

And shred on, Black man, shred on.

Herm

have you ever had the pleasure of seeing the video for "P.W.A."? the slow motion ass-shaking during the guitar solo is

One of my all-time faves is the outro of 5th Ward Boyz ft. Devin Tha Dude "Pussy, Weed & Alcohol", but lately I'm feeling the (rather short) outro of E-40's "I'm The Man."

List 'em, my hoLmeses.

And shred on, Black man, shred on.

Herm

have you ever had the pleasure of seeing the video for "P.W.A."? the slow motion ass-shaking during the guitar solo is

Yes, I agree. It's the first video on this Rap-A-Lot Greatest Videos DVD I'm borrowing. That video is RAAAAAAAW.

To everybody else, thanks!!!

Herm

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    The Treacherous Three - The Body Rock (Instrumental)