Chick wants to skimp on the wedding, rent an ipod?

2»

Comments

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    My uncle's wedding a week ago had some amazing band play all night in lieu of a DJ (or ipod). During dinner it was breezy Bossa and downtempo jazz/soul standards.

Afterward, it got reaaaaaaal funky..... lots of JB/JB's, Funkadelic, disco hits, etc... one male and one female vocalist, and near the end a guy solo'ed with two trumpets at the same time!

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    My uncle's wedding a week ago had some amazing band play all night in lieu of a DJ (or ipod). During dinner it was breezy Bossa and downtempo jazz/soul standards.

Afterward, it got reaaaaaaal funky..... lots of JB/JB's, Funkadelic, disco hits, etc... one male and one female vocalist, and near the end a guy solo'ed with two trumpets at the same time!

shit...i wanna see this band.

shit...i wanna see this band.

I need to find out what they're called...

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    She asks if she can rent my ipod.

• Don't do it. Joe (Eleven) just went through a very similar thing where he put together playlists and burned 5 CDs for a bride too cheap to hire a DJ. In the end she didn't pay him because they had pauses between the songs, even though he told her the CDs were going to be like that. You should be asking for $1500 for a wedding and getting at least $1200. If they won't pay that, they are too cheap to deal with, IMO, unless we're talking about friends.

tell her to go check the usual prices for a wedding dj...lowest i would go is $1500.

• I thought the overall census over here on 'Strut was that deejaying/turntable pyrotechnics was lame/so 97.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I thought the overall census over here on 'Strut was that deejaying/turntable pyrotechnics was lame/so 97.

But a wedding is a great place to break out the turntable pyrotechnicz, no?

• I thought the overall census over here on 'Strut was that deejaying/turntable pyrotechnics was lame/so 97.

But a wedding is a great place to break out the turntable pyrotechnicz, no?

deejaying=lame.

I thought the overall census over here on 'Strut was that deejaying/turntable pyrotechnics was lame/so 97.

Its hard to imagine a more inappropriate venue to showcase such 'skillz'

I mean all you need for a party is some jamz. Make a setlist of heat *boom* erase your deejay costs. Deejays=glorified IPODS.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

YOU CANNOT PAMPER YOUR AUDIENCE--YOU MUST MAKE THEM COME TO YOU, AND IF THERE ARE CASUALTIES ALONG THE WAY, SO BE IT.

EGGS WILL BE BROKEN!

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Patrick you've never seen me DJ but turntable pyrotechnics is definitely *not* what I bring to the table...

btw, Faux, low blow on posting that picture of Bambouche. For shame.

I mean all you need for a party is some jamz. Make a setlist of heat *boom* erase your deejay costs. Deejays=glorified IPODS.

SKULL SNAPS

SKULL SNAPS

you sound moded.

• you guys know this was me getting my "reynaldo" on, right?

• Its hard to imagine a more inappropriate venue to showcase such 'skillz'

Young Phonics tried to bust out his "THAT IS WHY THEY CAN'T--COMMIT!" battle routine at my wedding, but I convinced him to stick to the Tom Brock, instead.

• Its hard to imagine a more inappropriate venue to showcase such 'skillz'

Young Phonics tried to bust out his "THAT IS WHY THEY CAN'T--COMMIT!" battle routine at my wedding, but I convinced him to stick to the Tom Brock, instead.

Well you guys did exchange your pre-nups Q&A style at the scratch octagon.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Fuck is up with your avatar, Patrick? Shit looks crazy.

• Fuck is up with your avatar, Patrick? Shit looks crazy.

It was on the front page of yahoo news. Some cheerleader got injured, but the funny thing is in the video she's doing like "cheerleading" arm moves while being hauled out on a stretcher. WILL OUR GAME BE THAT FOCUSED-ED?

P.S. You dig our freak snow-storm on Friday?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Fuck that, it's snowing in SF and it's 60 in NY. Wrong place wrong time bro. Still, I spent most of the day on 4th Street at Nevins Park in Richmond. Trust me god, lots of snow there.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    "Oops! I dropped your iPod."