eBay makeover rant

mojoworkinmojoworkin 283 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
Most of you have probably noticed the new layout that eBay has installed on it's pages. If not, it basically moves a lot of the info around, and puts the seller i.d. and feedback rating under hip new headers such as, 'meet the seller'.I have no problems with any of this, but why did they have to make the 'starting price' of an item completely disappear once a bid has been made? It was always useful to able to look at an item and go, "oh, it started at $9.99 and went to $12.49, now it's at $22.71..." and so on. Does anyone know what I mean?Also, I guess I have to re-train my eyes, but I now find it takes a second before I can find how long until an auction ends - it's not in obvious large bold print anymore, but in regular size font that I have to conciously scan for.If it ain't broke, don't fix it?

Comments

• i've been having problems with the search function, seems it no longer breaks down the genres along the left hand side of the screen, now i have to go back into the section labeled music and search out the genres each time i want to search for something new

• jazzman21jazzman21 287 Posts
    i've been having problems with the search function, seems it no longer breaks down the genres along the left hand side of the screen, now i have to go back into the section labeled music and search out the genres each time i want to search for something new

Yeah same thing here.

• rawmanrawman 16 Posts
    also, i hate how they moved "watch this item". by the way, how do you find out how many people are watching items you're selling? i saw talk about this function in a past eBay thread, but forgot to ask.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    It's in myebay where stuff you are selling is listed,
    right next to how many bidders there are.