Dig Dug:A listening partyrecord swap(3/14/06)s.j.

ageage 1,131 Posts
edited March 2006 in Announcements
my friends and i are always talking about how we want a chill place to hang out and listen to music that's not a bar or a friend's house-- it's neutral territory. i believe i have created that destination. i call it dig dug and i think of it as a listening party. it's a place where my friends and i, many of whom are among the finest DJs in the bay area, can play whatever we want without having to worry about what drunk clubgoers want to hear. the vital stats are below. please spread the word as you see fit. Anno Domini presentsDig DugA listening party and late night record swapHosted by Nate "Ennui" LeBlancEach event features guest sets from discerning DJs and astute collectorsFor our premier we are blessed with the talents of:DJs:Lynn Ness- a local producer and jazz aficionadoCutso- the best party-rocking DJ in all of San Jose and perhaps the Bay AreaAge- a deeply respected local DJ/producer and collector who will also have a few crates for saleDealers:Jeff Jagged- local DJ/drummer extraordinaire known for his eclectic selectionsDJ Ferrari- another SJ local who specializes in funk and soulKing Most- Bay Area DJ/producer/collector/soulstrutterJustin Torres- Bay Area soul/funk/etc archeologist8-11 pm every second and fourth Tuesday of the month starting March 14thEvent info and lineups at www.galleryad.com and www.villagesavant.comAD is located at 366 S. 1st St. in the old Camera One buildingTo get involved email Nate [email]recsineffect@yahoo.com[/email] or call (408) 271-5151

Comments

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    hope to see you all there(well atleast some of ya'll:)

peace and much respect
    adrian

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    hope this went well... i flaked but due to weather and some of the most fucked up leg pain ive had thus far. 3hrs sleep and full of herb to stop me from thinking about it... though i am writing about it...

anyway. jeff and nate... sorry.

also sorry to have brian drop the news on yall... i dont have your numbers. i should of tried to get them on my phone but i never did. erp!

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    It went real well last night... better than anyone probably expected. It's going to be a regular thing so I'd suggest getting on board for the next one if you're feeling alright J.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    i would of liked to come through. seriously not being able to drive and handing the keys over to the wife in a pretty bad storm while driving down to SJ tensed me up so much that i havent been able to walk on my right leg since last night due to pain.

its been a bad day.

glad yall had fun though. off to the hospital now. if im lucky ill get my handicap placard and cane today. weeeee!

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    thanks to those who made it through.it was a very cool experience to have something like this in the south bay!

thanks ivan and kid inquisitive for the trades & buys!!

patrick and justin,bummer you guys could not make it, but there is always next time. hope your appointment goes well and hope your leg feels better too.nothing like having an injury and dealing w/ this cold weather.i got a bad knee and i can only imagine.

till then peace and much respect
    adrian(age)

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    yes, i was surprised that the turn out was good. im scared to know that the south bay had folks into records like that. The gallery is a cool spot.
    -rich

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    im scared to know that the south bay had folks into records like that.
    -rich

it was pretty crazy last night!and yes,it is scary to know that many collectors are still about!!

• OneSoulOneSoul 206 Posts

Here are some photos from the first Dig-Dug party: Gallery AD

The next one is scheduled for Tuesday April 11th[/b] The DJ's for this event will be DJ Chas, Ennui & Strictly 7. We're still in the process of sorting out the dealers for this one.

To get involved email Nate: [email]recsineffect@yahoo.com[/email] or call (408)271-5151