WE UN-PIMP YOU DICKHEADS

HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
Dont know if this was posted here before, if yes, than lick your balls "Clerks" style. V-W KICKS AS FOR DEUTSCHLAND Does someone know soemthing about these comercials ?? Who is the actor who plays the engineer ?? He has no german accent, he sounds like he plays a german accent but dont know how to do it.Hawkeye

Comments

• "TELL HIM JOHN ABRUZZI SAYS HELLO."

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    Aha, like I said. Not Deutsch.

Peter Stormare from Sweden

With a cool stoic gaze suggesting unmentionable thoughts lurking somewhere deep behind those deep, blank eyes, popular character actor Peter Stormare offered American audiences slightly discomforting comic relief in Joel and Ethan Coen's popular dark comedy Fargo (1996), though his versatility and adaptability have since led him to roles in everything from major Hollywood blockbusters to the stripped-down Dogma 95 efforts of eccentric Danish director Lars von Trier's Dancer in the Dark (2000). Born Peter Rolf Stormare in Arbra, Sweden, in 1953, the dynamic Nordic actor began his career with an 11-year stint with the Royal National Theater of Sweden. Aside from appearing in such productions as Don Juan and The Curse of the Starving Class, Stormare would pen such original plays as El Paso and The Electric Boy. Later earning positive critical reception in such classic Shakespearian productions as King Lear, the actor made his big-screen debut, and began a 15-year association with legendary Swedish director Ingmar Bergman, with a brief appearance in Fanny and Alexander in 1982. Later earning positive critical reception for his role in the legendary filmmaker's stage adaptation of Shakespeare's Hamlet in 1988, Stormare continued to gain career trajectory with numerous memorable stage and film roles in his native country. In 1990, Stormare became the Associate Artistic Director at the Tokyo Globe Theatre and made his American screen debut as a neurochemist who questions Robin Williams' experimental medical tactics in the touching Awakenings. Subsequently appearing in numerous international films (Freud's Leaving Home [1991] and Damage [1992]), Stormare hit his stateside stride with his chilling turn as a woodchipper-happy kidnapper in Fargo. Though he would continue to make appearances in such Swedish efforts as Ett Sorts Hades and Bergman's In the Presence of a Clown (1996 and 1997 respectively), his Hollywood star was on the rise with memorable roles in such increasingly mega-budgeted efforts as The Lost World: Jurassic Park (1997) and Armageddon (1998). Equally adept in comparatively low-budget efforts such as director George Romero's Bruiser (2000) and the aforementioned Dancer -- two roles which couldn't possibly be more polar opposites -- Stormare branched out into sitcom territory with his turn as Julia Louis-Dreyfuss' enamored superintendent in the ill-fated Watching Ellie in 2002. It wasn't long before Stormare was back on the silver screen, and with the same year potential blockbuster triple threat of The Tuxedo, Windtalkers, and Minority Report, it appeared as if Stormare's unique talents were as in-demand as ever. 2002 also found the established actor branching out with his role as producer of the romantic comedy The Movie Nut and His Audience.

Hawkeye

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts
    Does someone know soemthing about these comercials ?? Who is the actor who plays the engineer ?? He has no german accent, he sounds like he plays a german accent but dont know how to do it.

Uh, I don't think it's supposed to sound authentic... he played one of the nihilists in "The Big Lebowski", which is the American gold standard for absurd fake German accents.

I know what you mean, we have something here in germany thats called "Kanak-Sprak" which means something like the turkish/arabic language mixed with german and is mostly used by comedians or those who want to be comdedians.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Does someone know soemthing about these comercials ?? Who is the actor who plays the engineer ?? He has no german accent, he sounds like he plays a german accent but dont know how to do it.

Uh, I don't think it's supposed to sound authentic... he played one of the nihilists in "The Big Lebowski", which is the American gold standard for absurd fake German accents.

Fake German accents are part of a conspiracy spearheaded by the trilateral commission. The logic goes that with enough exposure to fake German accents Germans will began to adopt it as their own abandoning forever the mellifluous sounds of Deutsche proper.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts

Fake German accents are part of a conspiracy spearheaded by the trilateral commission. The logic goes that with enough exposure to fake German accents Germans will began to adopt it as their own abandoning forever the mellifluous sounds of Deutsche proper.

sats wat ei wanted tu hier...

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Dont know if this was posted here before, if yes, than lick your balls "Clerks" style.

V-W KICKS AS FOR DEUTSCHLAND

Hawkeye

I think his accent is supposed to be somewhere b/t Germany and Sweden. Yah?

And these ads are so much better than the "evil speed bunny" VW ads.

"Vee dub...representing Deutschland!"

• HamHam 872 Posts
    swedish accents sounds nothing like that either...that's just a schwarzenegger inspired accent

Oh oh, but Schwarzenegger is speaking Grazer english, he's not even speaking german if he speaks in his mothertounge. Austria got their own schm?? !!!!

I'll be back.

Saw Terminator 3 yesterday, that movie is the prime example of how to destroy your own legend !!!!!

• ZeusZeus 162 Posts

Just sold my 2001 Jetta yesterday. Shit was fun as hell to drive, but was constantly f'ing up and expensive to repair.

• 2001 Jetta

Made In Mexico

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    Dont know if this was posted here before, if yes, than lick your balls "Clerks" style.

V-W KICKS AS FOR DEUTSCHLAND

Hawkeye

i don't know which ads i like more, these or the new Geico ads w/ a cockney accented lizard... "it's loike free poiy and chips"