sale or trade--the meters, alice clark, dave pike

larrycoryelllarrycoryell 68 Posts
edited March 2006 in Vinyl Wants / Trades
whattup. we have here a 10-lp set sale. TRADE OR CASH on these. pm me or the email is [email]jprestonw@gmail.com.[/email] shipping is to us only, and it's $6 for priority, $1 for each additional lp. looking for usd through paypal. the sale and trade might come out uneven here, where both money and trade could be involved in one transaction. MY TRADE WANTS (in similar condition to what i'm offering):mary lou williams--"black christ of the andes" / mps 1976disco gold (patti jo) / scepter 1975can--"future days" / ua 1973willie and the bumblebees--"honey from the bees" / sweet jane 1978steve grossman--"some shapes to come" / pm 1974 FOR SALE OR TRADE (all ogs unless noted): 1) henry mancini--'the cop show themes'... $25--1976 / rca / apl1-1896--sleeve EX / vinyl EX2) bo diddley--'big bad bo'... $30--1974 / chess / ch 50047--sleeve VG++ to EX (ring wear) / vinyl EX (protective, not original, inner sleeve)3) new dave pike set and grupo baiafro--'salomao'... $40--1973 / basf and mps / mb 21541--sleeve EX / vinyl VG++ (only some sleeve wear) 4) the meters--'look-ka py py'... $70--1970 / josie / josie 4011--sleeve EX / vinly EX (slightest aberration for four seconds on title cut)*BEAUTIFUL OG COPY OF THIS BEAUTIFUL RECORD. 5) barry devorzon--'r.p.m.' $20--bell / bell 1203--sleeve VG++ (promo sticker) / vinyl VG++ to EX (white label promo)6) tom scott--'honeysuckle breeze'... $45--1967 / impulse / a 9163--sleeve VG+ / vinly VG+ *SECOND PRESSING7) chicago--'13'... $18--1979 / cbs / al36015--the record is still sealed8) count basie-'afrique'... $15--1971 / flying dutchman / fd-10138--sleeve EX / vinyl EX9) gap mangione--'retrospective 1'... $20--1987 / josh music inc. / jmi 8701--sleeve VG++ (autographed) / viyl EX *CONTAINS A FEW OFF OF 'DIANA IN THE AUTUMN WIND,' INLCUDING THAT SONG10) alice clark--'alice clark'... $90--1972 / mainstream / mrc362--sleeve VG++ / VG+++ (lightest of angel hairs and sleeve marks) (white label promo)*NICE COPY OF THIS SWEETHEARTED LP.note: since i am partly after trade, i am going to wait to see what offers arise. if nothing turns out for trading, i will sell the records to whomever got at me first. let me know if you have any questions about the lps.--jpw

Comments

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    check PMs

• also up for sale or trade is wax poetics issue #1 winter 2002. slight bend on front cover, there is scuffing on the back, but other than that it looks very good indeed to me. i am taking offers on this for price or trade.

--jpw

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    [hallmonitor]You know you have to pay to put up sale stuff, right?[/hallmonitor]

• don't worry, i did, no fronting here.

• had a lot of asking about what other records i'm after. here are some more wants:

maurice vander--chess
    odyssey--1972 mowest "our lives"
    david axelrod on mowax
    pazant brothers and beaufort--loose and juicy
    the kids soundtrack--harmony korine, folk implosion

and these from before:

MY TRADE WANTS (in similar condition to what i'm offering):
    mary lou williams--"black christ of the andes" / mps 1976
    disco gold (patti jo) / scepter 1975
    can--"future days" / ua 1973
    willie and the bumblebees--"honey from the bees" / sweet jane 1978
    steve grossman--"some shapes to come" / pm 1974

i think that a lot of strutters are aware of lps i might like but don't know about. here are some of my favorite records:

sun ra--lanquidity
    joe pass--guitar interludes
    pharoah sanders--izipho zam
    embryo--surfin'
    chocolate star ep
    tim buckley--blue afternoon
    blackrock--yeah yeah 45

...suggestions for trade welcome.

• alice clark
    the meters
    tom scott
    mangione
    wax poetics

=on hold or gone.

still looking for sale or trade on the rest. prices are negotiable. anybody want to trade a copy of axelrod on mowax? also: if there are any spares, i will pay 65 usd (includes shipping) for a vg++ copy of willie and the bumblebees.

• dave pike is also gone. still looking mainly for trade on the rest.

some other wants:
    david mccallum 'music: a bit more of me'
    mind garage 's/t'
    emotions 'untouched'