Amsterdam Mar.11 - 17

BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
Any squatbars/clubs that have some FUNK flowing thru the speakers and not thetypical techno I hear being played?Anybody been to the OCCII?

Comments

• minusnzminusnz 62 Posts
    paging nzshadow,please report to reception.......................... 'Ow' .

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    The OCCI is a squat/bar indeed, but last time i was there it was punk and hardcore, i aint never sen no fonkay stuff there...
    11th - 17th you say... let me check for ya.

ill be back.

OK, Your best bet is De Duivel, a really fucking good bar that is a firm strutters favorite. you will hear no techno there

Bitterzoet is normally pretty good as well.

And bro, check your PMs.

aLAN.

Suggestions from any other Amsterdam based Strutters that get out of the house more?...

• Personally, i would steer clear of both Bitterzoet and Jimmy Woo if you're not into hanging out w/ the "cratedigging" equivalent of emo hipsters.

Check out a "Paradisoul" night at the Paradiso, esp. if either Leroy or Wix are playing....

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    I love the sheeba coffee shop, pretty quiet, nice weed & they let u pick cds from their collection to put on if u ask nicely.

Personally, i would steer clear of both Bitterzoet and Jimmy Woo if you're not into hanging out w/ the "cratedigging" equivalent of emo hipsters.

Check out a "Paradisoul" night at the Paradiso, esp. if either Leroy or Wix are playing....

Checked for Paradisoul, no go while dude is here.

jesus, am i an emo hipster digger.... i really gotta get out more. now where did i put my ltd edition leather chuck taylors and my leather tie?....

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    Milky Way/Melkweg has hiphop+dancehall on saturday and old Guru on sunday

& yes there might be people under 26 at Bitterzoet & Jimmy Woo

Hey On the red clay, your PM box is full.

i dont know the T.R boys, ive been away from NZ for going on 10 years now, their music is wicked though.

and i guess you could say my weakness is not being able to resist an opportunity for sarcasm...

doei!

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Guru is scheduled to play at 12:00????? Is this right? Cool if so.
    info taken from www.underwateramsterdam.com

Guru is scheduled to play at 12:00????? Is this right? Cool if so.
    info taken from www.underwateramsterdam.com

www.melkweg.nl

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    Paridisoul is on the 17th march.