UPS

DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
I just tried to send one lp to Germany through UPS and they said it would cost me $70!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I thought you were a

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    That is what everyone thinks! C'mon. For real though. $11 at usps or $70 at ups. WTF?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I just tried to send one lp to Germany through UPS and they said it would cost me $70!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How were you trying to send it? Insured?
    USPS is great deal at $11 but for pricey items, insurance/tracking is a must.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I was chilling with soulstruts own Pacman in Phoenix a few months back and he mentioned that sending out the LP he put up in heat rock auctions cost him $40.

know your mailing service, or pay the horrific price.

• please don't ever ship anything to Canada using UPS.
    not only will you screw yourself, but you will cause the recipient to pay a a small duty and ridiculous admin fee for this. for my last 2 electronics purchases:
    $25 on a $28 item
    $60 on a $175 item

fuck a ups.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    My friend works for UPS. He tried to get me to do all my business with them. I asked "What can brown do for me on the international tip?" He said base rate is about $40 overseas Europe, $60 to Japan. I said "What about a package deal?" He said best they could do is $37 per package.

UPS is not the move unless it's a $1000 LP or 45.

• fuck a ups.

co-sigs. terrible service, outrageous price. my girl was getting some video equipment shipped UPS once (note: ONCE) and it arrived as a pile of dust...you could not recreate a beta-deck from the pieces in that smashed up box. Then, they gave here shit about replacing it...took about a year...Fuck a UPS. For that money, go Fed Ex and rest easy.

FedEx sucks too. Check out the pics on this website of crushed UPS packages:

http://www.unitedpackagesmashers.com/?page=packages.php

What I don't like about UPS is their "Help Line." Some of the rudest surliest bitches I've ever talked to in a company on the phone. Completely unhelpful. When I shipped LPs back to my house from New Orleans, it was funny because they were both shipped at the same time. They did not arrive at the same time though. AND the first one was in embarrassingly busted up shape, had a cab door hanging off the side.I packed those fucking boxes mega thorough too. Nothing busted, but I was sweating when I opened it up. The second one was ok though. Service is usually good, usually.

• FedEx sucks too. Check out the pics on this website of crushed UPS packages:

I've had nothing but good luck with Fed Ex, and their customer service is the BEST I'VE EVER used. No hyperbole on that... I'm sure there are exceptions to these rules, and of course, buyer beware. But, there is no choice as far as I'm concerned: If you care about what you are sending, UPS should be your last choice.

I have one positive, one negative experience with FedEx. One package from Canada, came quick, great service. Another package from NYC (I live Upstate) record was snapped in half and left in the wrong doorway. yes

• I have one positive, one negative experience with FedEx. One package from Canada, came quick, great service. Another package from NYC (I live Upstate) record was snapped in half and left in the wrong doorway. yes

Ouch. Fed Ex has delivered stuff to the wrong addy on me before, but never had any problems in straightening it out. Getting through on their service line is great...but, broke in half?

Website shots are funny...that pile at the service center is the winner.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    Bad news for the toys on the board, your dolls and foam and, uhm, whatever the hell that is, got smashed.

http://www.unitedpackagesmashers.com/showimage.php?id=34

• REMODEREMODE 91 Posts
    I have one positive, one negative experience with FedEx. One package from Canada, came quick, great service. Another package from NYC (I live Upstate) record was snapped in half and left in the wrong doorway. yes

Ouch. Fed Ex has delivered stuff to the wrong addy on me before, but never had any problems in straightening it out. Getting through on their service line is great...but, broke in half?

Website shots are funny...that pile at the service center is the winner.
    FED EX ACTUALLY SHIPS OVERSEAS PACKAGES ON THE SAME PLANE AS USPS PACKAGES .THEY PAY USPS TO SHIP THRU THEM SO YOU PAY MORE....I tried to ship a package to Australia FED EX $180 USPS $30 same package and Fed EX would take longer..Lady At PO told me fed ex shipped thru them after I told her I walked out of there after hearing there price...I will only USE PO...

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    please don't ever ship anything to Canada using UPS.
    not only will you screw yourself, but you will cause the recipient to pay a a small duty and ridiculous admin fee for this. for my last 2 electronics purchases:
    $25 on a $28 item
    $60 on a $175 item

fuck a ups.

oh man I absolutely agree. I loathe UPS. This is why I can't order from TTL - they only use UPS, and I live in Canada. I simply cannot deal with their incompetance. And why do they only deliver when you're not home? I can't receive packages at work, and they don't come in the evening, or on the weekend.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Fedex and USPS struck up the sharing planes deal a few years ago. Part of the deal allowed Fedex to put their drop boxes in front of some post offices.