stolen instrument dissapreciation

GNZGNZ 68 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
Mann....just got my tenor saxophone stolen(60's king silversonic model w/selmer mouthpiece...pretty much irreplacable, and a gift from my pops) out of the goddamn music center at my college. left it unnatended (big mistake) for about an hour and a half in an empty room.....end of story.this has got to be one of the lowest thefts. I honestly don't even care about someone stealing from most stores and shit. They can replace that shit. This shit was a part of my life, something important to me. Something I could USE to create goddamned ART. Bastids.I hope they blow the 3 grand they get from selling it on yayo and nancys and fucking overdose. This has planted a seed of anger/hatred/doubt in my mind that will be nothing but trouble. Having fantasies of braining the theif in the jaw with my alto case.FUCKK....(!)Anyone else had things stolen? gotten them back? I need some hope here people

Comments

• grahamgraham 201 Posts
    dam man that sucks, hope you get that shit back, havent had anything stolen, but sorta the same thing to give you some hope, my dog ran away when I was a lot younger she was gone 7 days, I had pretty much given up but she was found at a friends house. So dont give up post some ads or something, see if someone finds it or will turn it in.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    I don't know where you live but I'd be phoning many music shops and pawn shops right now. You can get it back, there is hope.

Report that shit, and start asking questions. Was this room an empty room in a music school or colledge? If so, its probably someone in your department maybe?

Really sorry to hear about that.

• grahamgraham 201 Posts
    Also ask some profs, someone could have saw it picked it up and put it in their office so it wouldnt get stolen.

• Just some advice - you can report that to the police. Also, checkin with thrift shops; maybe they soled it off to them. If so, you can get it back (legally for free, just report it to the police).

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    I don't know where you live but I'd be phoning many music shops and pawn shops right now. You can get it back, there is hope.

Report that shit, and start asking questions. Was this room an empty room in a music school or colledge? If so, its probably someone in your department maybe?

Really sorry to hear about that.

Yes, there are only a few places where people can turn a saxophone into cash. Also, hope that someone grabbed it because of an honest mistake. Maybe someone put it with some other equipment?

• damn homie sorry to hear about that ... i got jacked for some equipment out of the trunk of my car over by usc... a moog, a vintage p-bass and a gang of effects and whatnot, but nothing irreplaceable as the sax you mentioned... truly sorry mayne.