New X-Men Trailer

2»

Comments

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

you're trippin, Batman Begins was ILL.

please to remember that ODub thought Mr & Ms Smith was last years must see, we are not dealing with a sane indivdual here

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

please to remember that ODub thought Mr & Ms Smith was last years must see

This can't possibly be true.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

please to remember that ODub thought Mr & Ms Smith was last years must see

This can't possibly be true.

He also gave "Bad Boys II" his strongest endorsement...

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts

My only issue is always the way they try to make Batman's voice dark, or lower when he is in costume than when he is not. Stupid but it always bugs me because it sounds contrived or forced.

my roomate said the same thing but I liked that part of the character. He wanted to be "dark" so he played it out...like someone to fear. When you get mean, you don't sound like yourself. So he was playing the role of the dark knight. Plus it just added to the "disguise". I dunno, I liked it though, it made sense to me.

Yeh I can understand the whole trying to be dark, but it seems like everyone that plays the batman character does this (outside of the TV show). From Michael Keaton, George Clooney, to Val Kilmer, to Christian Bale. Yeh it's nitpicky and I'm over it, just sayin though.

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    New trailer is TIGHT.. Can't wait till this comes out.

X-Men 3, say

And Batman Begins was cool, I rented it and was surprised
    by how much I LIKED it...

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Bat back-up was cool, and was from the source material, as was the
    look and treatment of Jim Gordon, my personal favorite aspect of the film,
    if only for the fact that they respected that part of the original
    Frank Miller series, which was as much about James Gordon and his story
    as Bruce Wayne.

i dug the movie, and i was a little batman comic reading fanboy since i was 7 (check the loc).

i fucking loved the Jim Gordon treatment, as for Katie Holmes i felt she was the lowpoint (i just cant take that scientologist humping little freak seriously)

and the doomsday device?...

Its. Based. On. A. Comic.[/b]

XMen looks dope, ill definatly shell out the euros.

"im Juggernaut Bitch": Classic.

• Spawn was one of the older attempts to turn comic into movie and I thought it was a decent "first try".

?

Not one of the first attempts by a long shot.

That's why I put it in "quotations", wasn't literal, just meant early days.

It's so easy to dissect every post and bitch about small details...

Like besides Dick Tracy lol, what has there been prior to Spawn?

(Not insinuating there isn't any, genuinely asking)

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I don't get how "it's a comic book" excuses shit. Maybe you guys think comic books should be held to a lesser standard but I always grew up thinking of comic books as far smarter and more sophisticated than most of the "adult" literary fare that got thrown at me.

I hate to have to do this since it means wasting more time than is necessary but let's actually break this down. In order for the doomsday device to work you need:

1) To poison the water supply. Ok, easy enough.
    2) But it's not enough that people drink the substance in the water.
    3) Instead, you have to VAPORIZE the water using a top secret microwave weapon.
    4) Which, instead of simply starting it up at the best location, i.e. underneath Wayne Tower, you instead put it on a monorail that goes to Wayne Tower.

Show me another comic book with such a ridiculously contrived and convoluted plot device. I mean, why not just, you know POISON THE WATER SUPPLY.

This whole "it's a comic book" excuse is weak. That's just a dumb fucking piece of writing, regardless.

And bitches, if you're going to quote me, pleease to do it correctly: I never said "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" was a "must see". I said I liked the film, as in, "I found it entertaining." And yeah, I liked "Bad Boys II", much to my surprise, given how I tend to think Michael Bay makes the worst Hollywood actioners ever - at least in terms of sheer stupidity. In that regard though, the doomsday device in "Batman Begins managed to be even more moronic than the plan to save earth from a giant asteroid in "Armageddon."

Do I think either "Mr. and Mrs" or "Bad Boys II" was a "good" movie? Nope. But they were fun to watch. I didnt walk out of there thinking, "I want my money back." I don't think "Batman Begins" was a "bad" movie by the same token. But I didn't think it was that great either. Nor was I blown away by "Sin City." Nor "Hell Boy." I'd actually say the latter was on par with "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" in terms of boring-ness though my only beef with "Sin City" is that I thought it was a case of style over substance but I'm reacting more to the hype than to the movie itself.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

And bitches, if you're going to quote me, pleease to do it correctly: I never said "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" was a "must see". I said I liked the film, as in, "I found it entertaining." And yeah, I liked "Bad Boys II", much to my surprise, given how I tend to think Michael Bay makes the worst Hollywood actioners ever - at least in terms of sheer stupidity.

you mad?

I'm mad that people actually think Michael Bay makes good movies. That said, "Con Air" on cable is a guilty pleasure. That has to be one of the most unintentionally fun-because-it's-so-crazy-over-the-top films I know. I might have said the same for "Armageddon" except that the latter film takes itself too seriously in ways "Con Air" doesn't.

• I don't get how "it's a comic book" excuses shit. Maybe you guys think comic books should be held to a lesser standard but I always grew up thinking of comic books as far smarter and more sophisticated than most of the "adult" literary fare that got thrown at me.

I dunno about far smarter and more sophisticated. I just found them ill to read when I was a kid. The "it's a comic book" excuse isn't valid in itself, but I think a movie of that genre needs to be sized up against movies of the same genre, and I don't see how anybody who employs this logic can continue to slander the new Batman. It's clearly better than the vast majority of movies which fit into this category.

No?

(Sin City is ill, style over substance is a valid criticism, but the style is

, so I thought it outweighed the very minor lack of substance)

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

despite your thoughts on batman begins (i know, i know, it's been covered), i co-sign 100%.

famke rulez!

famke rulez!

Co-siiiiiiigggnnnn.

She is ridiculously hot. I remember when she guested on Ally McBeal and was Robert Downey Jr.'s ex...like anyone would choose Carlista Flockhart over Famke?

Fuck outta here.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

famke rulez!

Co-siiiiiiigggnnnn.

She is ridiculously hot. I remember when she guested on Ally McBeal and was Robert Downey Jr.'s ex...like anyone would choose Carlista Flockhart over Famke?

Fuck outta here.

Don't forget about her unforgettable performance as she-devil Xenia in James Bond 'GoldenEye'. Choking horny guys between her thighs while getting off was .

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    seriously.

famke rulez!

Co-siiiiiiigggnnnn.

Fuck outta here.

Don't forget about her unforgettable performance as she-devil Xenia in James Bond 'GoldenEye'. Choking horny guys between her thighs while getting off was .

"While appearing on "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" (1993) to promote her role of the sex-crazed assassin in the James Bond film GoldenEye (1995), Famke gave Conan a first hand experience of her character's signature moves by performing them on him using the top of his desk. When she asked him if he would like the demonstration, Conan responded with "This is what we in the industry call a 'no-brainer'.""

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    Mr. and Mrs. Smith
    Bad Boys II
    Armageddon
    Hell Boy
    League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
    Starship Troopers
    I, Robot
    X-Men 1 & 2
    War of the Worlds
    Lethal Weapon 1, 2 & 3

I LOVE THESE FILMS! theyre fucking great. its mindless pleasure at its best. theres titties, dumb jokes, senseless gun play, an entertaining plot that you can walk away from and come back to easily, and just a whole lot of good fun for the family.

theres nothing rewarding in these films except FUN! thats it.

...i loved the trailer for X-Men. i saw it on tv during american idol or some show like that. i was floored. the wife was like "i havent seen the others yet." i just looked at her in disgust and turned my back on her...

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I'm mad that people actually think Michael Bay makes good movies. That said, "Con Air" on cable is a guilty pleasure. That has to be one of the most unintentionally fun-because-it's-so-crazy-over-the-top films I know. I might have said the same for "Armageddon" except that the latter film takes itself too seriously in ways "Con Air" doesn't.

Has Michael Bay ever done a movie with Steven Seagal? I think that would break the record for "unintentionally fun-because-it's-so-crazy-over-the-top," and the only thing that could top it would be to add DMX in there somehow.

Needless to say, if such a movie ever happened, I would see it in the theater on opening night, and I'd probably rent it later as well.

Has Michael Bay ever done a movie with Steven Seagal? I think that would break the record for "unintentionally fun-because-it's-so-crazy-over-the-top," and the only thing that could top it would be to add DMX in there somehow.

This reminds of "Executive Decision" which has to have the craziest casting ever.

• Starship Troopers

That's a good little dumb movie. I loved how everyone had to die some crazy fucked up death-like getting cut in half by a door or have their lower legs ripped off. I kept thinking, "what happend to getting just shot?"

Starship Troopers

That's a good little dumb movie. I loved how everyone had to die some crazy fucked up death-like getting cut in half by a door or have their lower legs ripped off. I kept thinking, "what happend to getting just shot?"

You got GIANT BUGS. They weren't armed with rifles, dog.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

please stop invading my brain and displaying my fantasies.

(At least you dind't blow it up by adding Chuck Norris and a 1/2 man 1/2 uzi hybrid named Bam-bam)

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

This has all the makings of the greatest movie of all time. I can picture the scene now as Seagal shuffles through the CGI explosions and effects, whispering snappy one liners to his hip hop affliated costar. Seagal is without doubt my biggest guilty pleasure, I celebrate almost his entire catalogue and have argued in public over the merits of Under Seige 2 before.

Oh yeah, Soldstonedsoul, not wishing to labour a point into the ground but here's a few comic book movies of variable quality off the top of my head that came out before Spawn (or am I marking out here?)

Superman
    Superman 2
    Superman 3
    Superman 4
    Supergirl

Batman: The Movie
    Batman
    Batman returns
    Batman forever

Swamp Thing
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    Barb Wire